G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Finally, the winning recipe to beat the BMW 3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 02:09 AM
lightspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MissLydia
It just annoys me that there are men out there that are still threatened by a woman that is into fast cars.

I guess that's what I get for participating in a forum that is 99% men. I'm sure it would make some of you happy for all G35/37 drivers to be men so that you could continue in your little boys club that you've got going on here.
I for one really like women who are into fast cars. In my old car group that went to the track, one of the quickest drivers was a woman and we became really good friends. I dated her best friend, who was also a great driver and she started coming to the track with us. Both could hang with the guys because they could take a joke or shrug off the occasional mis-spoken comment.

Not that it bothers me, but just as an observation -- I think you inadvertently self-perpetuate certain stereotypes by getting all hyper-sensitive and lash out at the entire forum by calling it a little boys club...
(C'mon... we're a big boys club lol!)

Anyway... that buyer's profile posted in AutoSpies says that almost 30% of G coupe owners are women. I think that's cool!! More should post here!
Old 07-26-2007, 04:26 AM
jackygor

I love how there is always that one guy that doesn't realize that there are women on this board. Nice generalization. For the record, yes, that's the color I ordered, but my husband (who is very manly and in the Infantry in the Army) is actually the one that talked me into it.
Personally, girl + fast car/remotely interested in cars = turn on for me.

I absolutely have a lot of respect for female car enthusiasts because they don't come by often enough
Old 07-26-2007, 08:50 AM
MissLydia

Lightspeed, you are right, I was in a bad mood last night and it had nothing to do with this place, so I made a b!tchy comment. The vast majority of the guys here are cool. And I'm not ususally "hyper-sensitive", like I said, just in a bad mood, so my apologies.

My husband thinks it's sexy that I love cars as much as he does. We just bought a 2000 Vette for him to drive when he gets back from his second tour in Iraq, so it's going to be hard to choose when we've got that and the new G37 sitting in the garage which one to drive!!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:04 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

^^^That won't be hard to figure out, you take the G and he takes the Vette
Old 07-26-2007, 09:05 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
In my opinion, there is nothing hotter that a woman who is into cars, and if she can change her own oil, then she has my heart on lock down!
Old 07-26-2007, 10:16 AM
gmipa

is it me .. or do they look too much like the altima coupe?
Old 07-26-2007, 10:40 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

^^^^You are the weakest link, goodbye
Old 07-26-2007, 10:46 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
^^^^You are the weakest link, goodbye
LOL, the truth hurts sometimes!!
Old 07-26-2007, 11:10 AM
MissLydia

I saw an Altima Coupe in the mall parking lot the other day and while it looks OK, it looks like a kid's car to me and about 5 notches below the G35/37 and not even remotely similar.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Orbie

Haha MissLydia, it took me a while to back up in this thread and see you were referring to me I did realize that there were females on the board, but my post was not meant to be an insult.

I definitely didn't mean that all females do that, I'm just saying that some do and I could see the car done up that way (Roxy is a clothing brand, maybe it's just something done in Canada ). Sorry for the miscommunication. There definitely was no implication that I was threatened by that or that I don't want females driving the car or being enthusiasts. I love it when a female can hold their own in a car conversation, my fiancee is like that too and it's definitely an attractive trait. I also said the same thing to her when I was showing her the Autospies pics and she agreed with me (her car doesn't have any stickers or lei's on it either btw )

Back on topic, I test drove the Altima coupe (they've just started arriving here) and whatever similarities they may have in look (I still think it looks more like the 1st gen if anything) the comparisons stop there. The steering is very light and non-communicative, most likely to fight the torque steer. The driving dynamics are very FWD, understeers and weight distribution makes it very nose heavy (67/33 I believe) which makes it plow through corners. There is an unsettling feeling when cornering that the back is on the verge of breaking lose to catch up with the front. It is quite fast though in a straight line, but it is definitely a lot more civil then the G's. I highly doubt a performance car buyer would cross shop an Altima coupe and G37, if not for the sport factor, for the luxury/fit and finish factor.

Last edited by Orbie; 07-26-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

I saw an Altima Coupe in the mall parking lot the other day and while it looks OK, it looks like a kid's car to me and about 5 notches below the G35/37 and not even remotely similar.
Agreed. It looks alright but nothing even close to the G35 and G37 coupes. It's disappointing for anyone to really think that way.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:04 AM
GreenGoblin
sfl g club president

great pics
Old 07-27-2007, 03:12 AM
nate4598

wow...I now started to like G37