G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Souther Ontarion G37 buyers

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Techuinang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I won't be driving all the way to the GTA for just a car so no, I have no intention to buy from your dealership regardless. You claimed in your earlier post that it will 3/month until spring which is absolutely ridiculous. I can understand for the first month or 2, but more then 7 months, common?

We have 2 wonderful Infiniti dealership in the National Capital Region. However one tried to pressure me to buy from them by giving me the same stupid comment about we will only be getting 3 and to put myself on a list with deposit. You know what? I'll buy from the other dealer just for that. I do not ask for cost price, just a little off MSRP but mostly a little respect. Dealership makes their money with servicing the car, the cost of prepping the car as you mention is minimal compared to the future monetary gain.

Your PS3 comparison is interesting. However you forgot to mention what happenned soon after, as in the backlash they got for it. The PS3 is not selling very well anymore and the initial rarity caused potential consumers to turn towards competitors, as in the 360 and Wii. When I'll be ready to buy, I sure as hell will not wait 7 months, afterall, we're not talking about a Ferrari here. Like I said the money is in my pocket, Infiniti's lost, not mine.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:41 PM
RBull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting thread. From what I gather Ontario dealerships are attempting to make the G37 an "exclusive" car with limited availability and high prices.

Obviously this is a short term tactic to build demand for the car and line their pockets in the meantime. That is bound to change as the newness wears off and normal competition takes over. MSRP for a $50k mainstream car isn't going to cut it especially with the currency situation, much lower MSRP and close proximity to US stores. If I was in the market I know what I would be doing.