G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: Which spoiler will you get, and will you replace it with aftermarket?
Not getting optional spoiler. Gonna stick with chrome lip
22.41%
Not getting optional spoiler, but will wait for aftermarket solution to HIDE chrome lip
13.79%
Getting the optional spoiler, and gonna stick with that
56.90%
Getting the optional spoiler, but will replace it with aftermarket
6.90%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

REAR SPOILER - For those that have already ordered or are serious about buying a G37

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REAR SPOILER - For those that have already ordered or are serious about buying a G37

I just placed my order the other day. AthensBlue/Graphite - Journey - Premium, Sports, Nav.

So, I HATE the chrome lip. At first i was gonna get the spoiler option (even tho i dont even like the optional spoiler very much... whale tale style ftw!), and was gonna replace it later down the road. However, that raises the issue of holes already being drilled into the trunk from the factory spoiler. Also, the 07 sedan guys get a nice aftermarket IMPUL spoiler which covers up the chrome lip. So i was going to wait for somthing like that.
Buuut... what about that integrated third brake light. If you dont get the spoiler option and stick with the chrome, would it be easy to remove the third brake light against the glass and rewire it to the aftermarket spoiler?

What do you think
Old 05-10-2007, 05:25 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
I doubt that it would be too much trouble to remove the third brake light inside the car and rewire it to go to the new spoiler you choose. I chose to order mine with the spoiler, because I like the look of it.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:52 PM
wyatthanson

I got the spoiler.
Im leasing the car, so want as few mods as possible. Will not replace it. Just springs, intake, wheels, tint, HIDs, etc...
Old 05-10-2007, 05:57 PM
DropTopGal

I plan on ordering the OEM spoiler (aka rear wing) and if a larger, wider, better looking aftermarket tickles my fancy, I'll just bite the difference. I've seen a few G35s with a larger / wider spoiler and I was "tickled".
Old 05-10-2007, 06:25 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i like the chrome lip on the sedan, and i like it on the coupe. i'll probably remain as the only person to vote for that option. lol.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:25 PM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by finagle69
i like the chrome lip on the sedan, and i like it on the coupe. i'll probably remain as the only person to vote for that option. lol.
i've got your back finagle.. i'm all for the chrome lip. from the pictures i've seen the optional spoiler looks out of place and not part of the g37's design. on my 03 g35 coupe i had the optional spoiler.. thought it looked nice.. on the g37 the design has changed.. thumbs down on the tacky spoiler.

... and yes.. i'm well aware many of those on this board feel the same way bout the chrome lip.
bm
Old 05-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Driver Elite

Enough said. Tired of everyone bitching about the chrome lip. It's not that bad, but if you are so disgruntled about it, just put a Tommy Kaira lip.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:10 PM
finagle69

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
i've got your back finagle.. i'm all for the chrome lip. from the pictures i've seen the optional spoiler looks out of place and not part of the g37's design. on my 03 g35 coupe i had the optional spoiler.. thought it looked nice.. on the g37 the design has changed.. thumbs down on the tacky spoiler.
bm
that's exactly how i felt. actually more with the 06+ spoiler. the 05- never really did it for me, but the newer one looks good. the 37 optional spoiler kind of looks like it's hanging on the trunk lid by a thread. the integral chrome lip looks perfectly proportional and placed well. i think it'll look great on my IP

Re: TK kit; it's too bad they won't part out that kit, as i really love that spoiler. sedan folks have to wait for a replica i guess.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Ahujadaddy

Originally Posted by Driver Elite

Enough said. Tired of everyone bitching about the chrome lip. It's not that bad, but if you are so disgruntled about it, just put a Tommy Kaira lip.
Thanks for sharing a pic... as i said in my original post I am gonna be waiting for an aftermarket solution such as the IMPUL spoiler for the 07 sedan. This TK lip looks good as well. I'm not trying to "complain" about the chrome, just wanted to get an answer about the third brake light from anyone who could offer advice or guidance.

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
Buuut... what about that integrated third brake light. If you dont get the spoiler option and stick with the chrome, would it be easy to remove the third brake light against the glass and rewire it to the aftermarket spoiler?
Old 05-11-2007, 02:27 AM
tragedycat

I like the chrome spoiler. I'm getting an OB G37 next spring and putting my 19" silver Racing Hart's on it with a fat chrome lip. Should look hot.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:27 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

Yep, Obsidian Black and Chrome. I'm good with that combo.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Ahujadaddy

Hmmm, seems the majority of G37 owners will have optional spoiler. And a good amount LIKE the chrome. Interesting
Old 05-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Nick-L

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What does everyone think about painting the chrome goiter to match the body color?
Old 05-14-2007, 06:22 PM
finagle69

Originally Posted by Nick-L
What does everyone think about painting the chrome goiter to match the body color?
i really think that would look strange and out of place. you'd still be able to see the shadow and lines of the piece because it's "placed" there.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Ahujadaddy

Originally Posted by Nick-L

Maybe it's just me, but it doesnt seem that EVERYONE is thinking about painting it body color. Some people are saying paint it CF! lol

But rlly... that hasn't been mentioned in this thread. I wouldn't like that either.

Quick Reply: REAR SPOILER - For those that have already ordered or are serious about buying a G37