Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Do You Think There Will Be An Aftermarket Whale-Tail Spoiler for the g37

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:54 AM
entrepreneur187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do You Think There Will Be An Aftermarket Whale-Tail Spoiler for the g37

Do You guys Think There Will Be An Aftermarket Whale-Tail/ironboard Spoiler for the g37 to properly cover the chrome strip and stick out from the sides of the car? if not do you think it can be taken somewhere to be custom made
Old 04-21-2007, 06:35 PM
airhoppz

I'm sure there will be plenty of aftermarket parts for the G37, particularly the "ironing board" spoiler. Just have to be patient...it'll be some time before things start to appear because the car has to be in the hands of modders before they can build parts
Old 04-21-2007, 06:38 PM
wyatthanson

IMO, there's a big difference between the ironing board and a whale tail.

FWIW, the OEM spoiler will also cover/replace the chrome spoiler.

An ironing board is possible, though I don't think it would look as good as on the 5.

A whale tail (think Porsche), would look like horse **** on the trunk of any G.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:42 PM
airhoppz

Originally Posted by wyatthanson
IMO, there's a big difference between the ironing board and a whale tail.

FWIW, the OEM spoiler will also cover/replace the chrome spoiler.

An ironing board is possible, though I don't think it would look as good as on the 5.

A whale tail (think Porsche), would look like horse **** on the trunk of any G.
and it would look like crap on any Porsche as well - aside from not being a fan of Porsches, I'd never drive a Porsche that was fitted with the whale tail.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:06 PM
nghiars

im sure they will have more than a few things available as long as the market demands it.. which im sure the market will because no one likes that chome lip spoiler
Old 04-21-2007, 09:55 PM
wyatthanson

To each their own. I for one am an avid Porsche fan and a fan of whale tail's on 996 MKI GT3s.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Techuinang

Originally Posted by airhoppz
aside from not being a fan of Porsches, I'd never drive a Porsche that was fitted with the whale tail.
Nice to see I'm not the only one who dislike Porsche with a passion. I don't know, if you can afford one, why not save up a little more and get a Ferrari. Anyways, that's beside the point.

I for one have always disliked the whale spoiler on the G35. With the chrome trunk spoiler, I would find it silly to add another spoiler without covering the other one. As an example, I think the spoiler on the Sedan with the silver part right under does not look good.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:00 AM
wyatthanson

Just wondering, but why do you guys dislike Porsches?

Have you ever driven a 996TT? Any GT variant? 997S?

I dislike Boxsters, but the 911 is a respectable car (styling is subjective).

And, I wouldn't say "save up a little more and buy a Ferrari". Porsches are extremely reliable, why the most recent reliable Ferrari would be a 99 360, which still doesn't compare. That car goes for $120K, which is the price of a new GT3/TT. So a new 430 coupe is about twice the price of an already top-of-the-line 911. Just a thought.

Last edited by wyatthanson; 04-22-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:10 AM
depoz

the only reason i dont like porsches and this is just my opinion. Is because I don't really care for the way they look, and all of them look the same to me. Purely cosmetic for me has nothing to do with how they drive. Off of looks for that kind of money I would much rather go with something else.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:02 AM
wyatthanson

Hey at least you're honest! Fair enough, for sure! There's as much controversy on Porsches aesthetics as on the G37.

And surprisingly (or not), majority of women think the 911 is one of the worst looking cars out.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:44 AM
airhoppz

Just a personal opinion I have about Porsches....I'm not a fan of their styling. For me it's not all about raw performance, it's got to appeal to my eye. Porsches just don't get it done for me - especially for the price tag.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Jiwon

911 grow on me after awhile. I never thought 911 series looked good, but now it's one of the best looking car on the planet I love the new GT3 styling...
Old 04-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Techuinang

Originally Posted by depoz
the only reason i dont like porsches and this is just my opinion. Is because I don't really care for the way they look, and all of them look the same to me. Purely cosmetic for me has nothing to do with how they drive. Off of looks for that kind of money I would much rather go with something else.
Same here, when I read in magazines that the new generation is a total new sheet of metal and I see they look almost identical to every generation, it makes me scratch my head. Never liked the design in general so it doesn't help the fact that all their cars looks the same in my eyes.

Originally Posted by wyatthanson
And, I wouldn't say "save up a little more and buy a Ferrari". That car goes for $120K, which is the price of a new GT3/TT. So a new 430 coupe is about twice the price of an already top-of-the-line 911. Just a thought.
I meant that Porsche cost a lot. So if someone earns enough money/is rich enough to afford such a car, I'm sure they can save up a little more to buy a Ferrari. I know I would but unfortunately, I don't make enough to even fathom buying neither one.

Anyways, we're getting off topics and since i'm partially responsible for that, I apologize to the thread starter.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:44 PM
wyatthanson

I can stretch my current budget so get a Porsche, but no way in h*ll could I get a Ferrari. I'm 19. Big difference still.
I mean even if it's 2x the price, on a set income that support a Porsche, the person will most likely also have a certain valued house, clothes, lifestyle, etc... To save up for the Ferrari would likely require a decrease in those expenses to get the F car, making the car stick out like a sore thumb in the driveway, or a pay increase - - - > which leads to a different circumstance.
I don't think they're close enough to compare.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:05 AM
entrepreneur187

Originally Posted by Techuinang
Same here, when I read in magazines that the new generation is a total new sheet of metal and I see they look almost identical to every generation, it makes me scratch my head. Never liked the design in general so it doesn't help the fact that all their cars looks the same in my eyes.

I meant that Porsche cost a lot. So if someone earns enough money/is rich enough to afford such a car, I'm sure they can save up a little more to buy a Ferrari. I know I would but unfortunately, I don't make enough to even fathom buying neither one.

Anyways, we're getting off topics and since i'm partially responsible for that, I apologize to the thread starter.

no worry's man its cool.

Quick Reply: Do You Think There Will Be An Aftermarket Whale-Tail Spoiler for the g37