G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

G37 Revealed, how bout a Concept Makeover?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 01:07 PM
fabulustt7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was really looking forward to getting a new coupe my 04 is about be paid off and i thought the 08 coupe was going to be sweet but their is no way im sticking with infinti now. they really just lost my buisiness. i expeted the 08 coupe to look far better than mine but mine is just so hott. Yes the interior is nice and so is the new engine. but the exterior too much like mine but uglier. its looks like the altima coupe. Function wise im glad it is on par with the 335 but it became unattractive. so now i have to wait for gtr or audi rs5, and if both fall short like the new coupe than bmw 335 it is
Old 03-21-2007, 01:51 PM
blueSKYLINE

this is what people on other forums are claiming the G37 stole the front end from:

what do you guys think?
Old 03-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Bernz
Registered Member

I'm sorry but the CLS's lights are much better than the new coupe's lights.

I'm waiting for and aftermarket front bumper and hood to see if they can add some aggresiveness to this f*** up. All in all I like the car, engine, interior but the front is where they screwed up IMO.

Can someone photoshop the 08 lowered 1" all around just looks to high for me.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:13 PM
GT-Ron

Originally Posted by DJNOOCH
...that front end is so rounded and altima-lookin' - im not very happy with the outcome of this redesign...
My thoughts, exactly!

Can't wait to see the front bumper caps available from the aftermarket. Looks like a replacement will encompass pretty much the entire front. I don't like the grille either. I switched the one on my '05, but the same isn't going to work on this '08. The opening is too small, visually speaking. It will have to be addressed along with a new front.

I was all set for the '08 for the engine and trans. alone. Now, it looks like other options will be on the list. An engine build for my '05 is looking better... ...if the 6MT inspired more confidence... ...and if I didn't have to sell or get a loan to access the $10K equity in the vehicle right now.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:42 PM
kuneff

I can see where the Benz people are coming from. It looks like Infiniti has a cheap knock off of the Benz. They tried to copy it but even that attempt fell short.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:43 PM
tiblot

Originally Posted by kuneff
I can see where the Benz people are coming from. It looks like Infiniti has a cheap knock off of the Benz. They tried to copy it but even that attempt fell short.

front end looks like old old school infiniti ... and rear is terrrible. the built in spoiler is teh sux
Old 03-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Nuieve

It looks EXACTLY THE SAME as the old G35 save for lights. Body from 10 years ago and lights from 1 year ago.

I think the same old shape works better with old lights. New lights and old shape is just a total designing mismatch disaster.

By far the worst concept->production makeover I've ever seen. Basically it's not even a redesign, just a lousy facelift.

I was really waiting for this car... what a waste.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:55 PM
kuneff

I keep going back and looking at the pics. the concept and the real thing. I was seriously considering the idea of trading in. There is no way. I think my 03 is wayyy sexier than the new one. The new one just has a real cheap look to it in my opinion. the tail lights look like a complete afterthought.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Sukairain

Originally Posted by sesegal99
Good job infiniti......!!!! You've designed a tiberon on steriods.....looks like SHI!T! Glad I got my loaded 330I when I did.

Which was...... right before the 335i came out? So how does it feel to not have those turbos on your bMW?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:55 PM
KDG35

They just rounded the hood off to much, the rest of the car is OK at best.

When the 03 coupe first came out there was nothing else around like it and thats what loyal infiniti fans where looking for with the 08, a new era in infiniti design.

If you think about it most times the finished product never looks like the prototype. This time they should have just stuck with that design.

I don't believe that this design will be able to compete with the new Lexus IS500 I think it is called, basically a 2(door) IS350 with more HP.

I know most will say that it has the 3/7 now and that is cool, but what makes you walk over to the chick in the bar, her brains or her, well you get the picture. It looks like the guys in the marketing dept got into it with the guys in the accounting dept. I think we know who won. Just my 2Cents.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:58 PM
617G

at least you can put an intercooler behind the stock bumper looks like there won't be a lip kit either...dunno how you could put a lip on that bumper
Old 03-21-2007, 05:04 PM
GThIrtYFiZle

Someone else mentioned it. The problwem with the car is thats its too classy, and much less sporty, unlike our generation. They should have left most of that classy for the sedan, and made our fronts a lot sharper than bubbly.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:09 PM
GThIrtYFiZle

I dont know if I could have just taken the pic. But check out this photoshop that mx220 made on G35nyc.

http://forum.g35nyc.com/showthread.php?t=594
Old 03-21-2007, 05:19 PM
ElixXxeR

Originally Posted by GThIrtYFiZle
I dont know if I could have just taken the pic. But check out this photoshop that mx220 made on G35nyc.

http://forum.g35nyc.com/showthread.php?t=594
Too low, the rims are ugly and the black hood is disgusting. The front air dam is acceptible, but the Concept front looks better.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:25 PM
GGG Ya

on first look, i don't like the roofline, it's not as smooth and fast as i would have wished, the taillights don't look good either since they look like they've been edged off, and the front bumper looks like the altima coupe's front bumper
not impressed with what infiniti changed from the concept

Quick Reply: G37 Revealed, how bout a Concept Makeover?