G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Non-believers, take a look at these shots (not the ones in edmunds or automag)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 11:36 PM
Strtsk8r321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am very disappointed...well i wasn't going to get one anyway so at least i wont have to envy it when it comes out. But still that thing is messed up in the front and rear. I really thought it was going to be great.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:14 AM
ElixXxeR

Originally Posted by Strtsk8r321
I am very disappointed...well i wasn't going to get one anyway so at least i wont have to envy it when it comes out. But still that thing is messed up in the front and rear. I really thought it was going to be great.
Just be content in knowing your car is better looking, but that the new coupe has a superior interior and could smoke a modded first generation coupe.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:20 AM
kako

No offense but these glossy shots make a civic look like an exotic. The street shots are the perfect reference for comparison not the almost CG looking glossy shots.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Diesel350

It looks like ****!!!

I like the engine but not feeling the final product. Wish they would have stuck with a closer design to the concept. Maybe some aftermarket body kits my change it's look.

S5 here I come.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:58 AM
Strtsk8r321

I guess I will only be a fan of the G35 and no other Infiniti car. Hopefully it will grow on me but it looks like **** right now.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:01 AM
IvoryGT
Former Sponsor

looks too much like the new M3 and..i hate the new M3
Old 03-21-2007, 01:04 AM
TRUGRIDER

aaaaawwww...... I was really looking forward to the wrap around exhaust like in the concept oh well maybe next model......
Old 03-21-2007, 01:07 AM
GGGGGGGG

Not really feeling the front end, but the overall look feels more luxurious than the outgoing G coupe.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:45 AM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
I don't know. I don't think it looks good as the 03-07's. Just my 2 cents.
+1 I will never trade my 1st gen... It's going to be an engine build and twin turbo setup instead, the 2nd, gen is a big disappointment... The front fender roll reminds me of the old Tiburon!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:54 AM
kako

Look at the seat belt support which appears to be attached to the seat. Do I see an improved seat belt pass through? But still the exterior is sanded down to a girly version.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:57 AM
RetardGarage

Disappointed as well. I prefer the look of my '03 to this new one...

http://www.g35club.org/08-coupe.shtml

It's gonna need aero and a drop JUST to look presentable.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:20 AM
SithSolo1

I personally think it looks retarded. It's way too smooth and curvy, up too high, and I'm not a fan of the wheels either. This is only one man's opinion though.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:42 AM
FAST1

Originally Posted by SithSolo1
I personally think it looks retarded. It's way too smooth and curvy, up too high, and I'm not a fan of the wheels either. This is only one man's opinion though.
Actually you appear to be in the majority.

Just be content in knowing your car is better looking, but that the new coupe has a superior interior and could smoke a modded first generation coupe.

In an 0/60 run with a 5K+RPM launch, the G37 will be faster. With a rolling start, the G37 will only be marginally faster. HP is sexy and sells cars and Infiniti knows this, but if you want a fast car on the street, you better have torque. GM knows this fact and the C6 Vette has 400HP, but you want to venture a guess on its torque? If you answered 400 lb/ft, you are right, and yes the C6 is quick from 0/60 and just as fast from 5/60. The G37 will have a decent 0/60, but find a magazine that provides a 5/60 time and I guarantee you that you will find a significant drop in time.

As far as the 335 going into limp mode after several runs, that's hardly news. Anyone that has ever owned a turbochaarged car realizes that the engine's enemy is heat. All turbocharged cars will have a significant drop off in power after several hard runs, but manufacturers don't care since these conditions are rarely encountered on the street.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:42 AM
muscarel

Originally Posted by FAST1
Actually you appear to be in the majority.

In an 0/60 run with a 5K+RPM launch, the G37 will be faster. With a rolling start, the G37 will only be marginally faster. HP is sexy and sells cars and Infiniti knows this, but if you want a fast car on the street, you better have torque. GM knows this fact and the C6 Vette has 400HP, but you want to venture a guess on its torque? If you answered 400 lb/ft, you are right, and yes the C6 is quick from 0/60 and just as fast from 5/60. The G37 will have a decent 0/60, but find a magazine that provides a 5/60 time and I guarantee you that you will find a significant drop in time.

As far as the 335 going into limp mode after several runs, that's hardly news. Anyone that has ever owned a turbochaarged car realizes that the engine's enemy is heat. All turbocharged cars will have a significant drop off in power after several hard runs, but manufacturers don't care since these conditions are rarely encountered on the street.
The new coupe will be faster than the 1st gen across the board. Max torque is more and more importantly the torque curve if flatter. This car puts out 55-60 hp more than my '04. The flatter torque curve means more power across the whole rpm range.

The initial reviews are extremely positive. Both have already said they liked it better than the 335 around the track which no way would have happened with the 1st gen. The interior is a huge leap forward compared to my 04. Tecnology will be a huge leap forward. Much better steering was mentioned as well. As much as I loved my 04 coupe, all it has over this model is potentially the front end. Nothing else I can think about.

They both also liked the styling so I'll reserve judgement until I see it in person. Besides the front the car looks very similar to the 1st gen.

The biggest let down is weight for me.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:48 AM
GR8TG35
PEARL DRIVER........

I guarantee the new coupe will be faster, and probably handle a little better as well.....330hp is a pretty good jump, and the torque is in a pretty respective range.....but you need all the facets of the car to come together to make it a knock out........

Wow.....I'm a little let down.. 8( The car doesn't look proportionate anymore.
The front end looks sooooo wide and heavy....It looks like they took the front end off the New sedan and stuck it on the current coupe body.....

Is this really the new body? Or are they testing the car with a mock front end......The front bumper reminds me of a RX8

I don't think the 03-07's will be losing too much interest if thats all they have to offer looks wise......

maybe it will grow on me, but for now......I think I would consider another car first.....

Last edited by GR8TG35; 03-21-2007 at 08:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Non-believers, take a look at these shots (not the ones in edmunds or automag)