Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Official 2008 coupe sketch

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 12:47 AM
GuyLegend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Official 2008 coupe sketch

This sketch, released by Infiniti on January 10th, depicts what the ’08 G35 Coupe will look like (above left illustration). Compared with the previously released G35 Concept (above right photograph), the most striking aspect is the front fascia. The nose has been rounded and softened, compared with the almost angular face of the Concept G35. Whether the result of production or safety requirements (or perhaps aero development), this styling iteration lessens the initial visual impact of the car. To combat this, the grille becomes a more prominent feature, using the same Japanese katana (sword) chrome slats that were employed so effectively in the G35 sedan. Looking just beneath this, the twin lower air intakes on the concept car have morphed into a more conventional rectangular radiator opening flanked by two other intakes. These intakes appear ideally placed (and large enough) to feed cool air directly to the VQ35HR (if that is indeed the engine) for maximum effect.

The catamaran styling of the hood and front fenders separate the Infiniti from its Nissan corporate brethren. The hood features curves and sharp creases which blend smoothly into a sweeping roofline. The L-shaped headlights appear to contain dual High Intensity Discharge (HID) arrays and side reflector strip. The sides are equally fascinating, with upper and lower accent lines which emphasize the sensuous curves and sweep of the bulged fender flares. The upper line sweeps slightly downward and across the conventional door handle of the car, making the wedge styling more apparent. Rocker panels are equally fascinating, with a sweep to emphasize the ‘coke-bottle’ styling from the powerful fender flares. The greenhouse of both the sketch and the concept G35C promise a sweeping, airy view from the cockpit, but it remains to be seen whether the B-pillar has been eliminated to make way for a frameless door. As expected, the twin camera “mirrors” of the concept car have been replaced with more conventional side mounted mirrors. Likewise, the 20” wheels on the concept car look to be replaced with more conventional 18 or 19” wheels to fill the wheel wells. Current G35 drivers will note the styling of the ten-spoke wheel in the sketch is a development of the unique Infiniti wheel theme.

In summary, this 3/4 sketch of the ’08 G35 Coupe promises a dynamic, stunning experience. And this before the engine is even fired! Unique styling features are used to separate this Infiniti model from the upcoming Z car and indeed, from anything else in the world. Nissan Sport looks forward to viewing and driving the newest version of this high-end sport coupe and giving you the inside scoop!

--David Muramoto, Senior Editor - Nissan Sport Magazine

Second Takes

The sketch of the new G doesn’t wow me, but then again most sketches don’t wow. While I fell in love with the initial Coupe Concept, I can see why Infiniti backed off on some of the aggressive styling features. First, Infiniti designers clearly felt the need to keep the synergy between the G Sedan and the G coupe, hence the similar front fascias. Second, Infiniti’s target market for the Coupe isn’t the 25-year-old male seeking an aggressive sports car--it’s an older buyer who’s more conservative and more likely to be female. I’ll hold off final judgment on the design until I can see the Coupe in person. Of course the entire Nissan Sport staff can’t wait to lift the hood to see what’s hiding underneath. I’d love to be able to call this the 2008 G38 Coupe.
--Dave Bexfield, Managing Editor - Nissan Sport Magazine

I saw the Coupe in person January 7. And I can’t say one word about it (and no, they wouldn’t even let me open the hood).
--Yuichi Kurosawa, Writer - Nissan Sport Magazine

Unfortunately the latest sketch is just that, a single view of what the new 2008 Infiniti Coupe is supposed to look like... and Yuichi isn't talking. That said, I like it--at least from this angle. In fact, overall I like it better than the original concept car, which had too much Acura going on with its pointy front end. The front fascia, headlights, grill, fenders and hood work for me. Hopefully the new design addresses the earlier coupe’s "heavy" back end. Of course looks matter little to me if there’s no substance under the beautiful skin. All of us at Nissan Sport are looking forward seeing and driving the actual production coupe complete with truly impressive specs that deliver stunning real world performance.
--Dave Ochenreider, Publisher & Editor-in-Chief - Nissan Sport Magazine

http://www.nissansportmag.com/....html [/QUOTE]
Old 01-10-2007, 12:57 AM
ElixXxeR

Regains its title as the sexiest car in its class, and I would argue one of the sexiest coupes ever. The new e92 is beautiful, but this is astonishing.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:01 AM
CrazyRuskie
Crazy Russian Super Mod

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Its mine... PERIOD! SOOOOOO HAWT!!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 02:11 AM
skaterbasist

The Dual Projects and Big Brakes are worth the upgrade itself

Cant wait to get mine...

Old 01-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vstrizheus
Its mine... PERIOD! SOOOOOO HAWT!!!!
I agree Vasiliy, I think this new Coupe is going to be beautiful. Notice that it has the same bulging hood as our 07 Sedan?
Old 01-10-2007, 07:47 AM
frshgcoupe

car looks sick cant wait to get my hands on one this car is going to be a monster aiming for spring of 08 to have mine anyone else planning on getting one as soon as it hits tha floors later this yr.?
Old 01-10-2007, 07:49 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Ill take an OB with Graphite leather, navi, oh yeah, and that backup camera, ill take one of those too.

I hope they have made the exhaust note even sicker, which would be pretty damn hard, but Nissan could do it.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Mmagic76

What about this?

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...issan_skyline/
Old 01-10-2007, 09:28 AM
mchong75

Originally Posted by Mmagic76
You're talking about a different car. The attached article is in regards the GT-R.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Mmagic76

Yes, true that it's a different car, however, if prices were similar for the GTR vs the new G-Coupe... I'd be more inclined to go for the GTR imo...
Old 01-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Yes, true that it's a different car, however, if prices were similar for the GTR vs the new G-Coupe... I'd be more inclined to go for the GTR imo...
Prices for the new Coupe will not even be close to the GT-R. You will only see a marginal price increase from the 07 G Coupe to the 08 Coupe.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:44 AM
N50

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Prices for the new Coupe will not even be close to the GT-R. You will only see a marginal price increase from the 07 G Coupe to the 08 Coupe.
It depends on what's under the hood. At this point, I doubt it is anything special. Although Infiniti is so damn secretive about it!
Old 01-10-2007, 11:17 AM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
beautiful! i'm glad i put my deposit down when i did. i'm 4th or 5th in line, but after this sketch i'm sure the line may grow a bit more.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Originally Posted by N50
It depends on what's under the hood. At this point, I doubt it is anything special. Although Infiniti is so damn secretive about it!
That is true, but my gut tells me you'll only see a minimal increase just like the new Sedan. We'll have to wait and find out.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:50 AM
GuyLegend

The GTR is going to be $60k+. Not even in the same category....

Quick Reply: Official 2008 coupe sketch