Roof leak near rear quarter window

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 11:06 PM
lashk
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Roof leak near rear quarter window

I know there was a thread on this subject but the fix for it was incorrect for my car. My roof or weather stripping is leaking into the car on the back side shelf when it rains and I am driving. I can drench my car down and it will not leak until I start driving. I've tested this by running a hose over the seal at the top of the back glass and it stays dry until i start moving. That being said, I think the problem may be that the rear quarter window needs to be adjusted UP to make a better seal. The reason I think this is because it is leaking where the seal is split between the middle and rear roof panel right at the glass.
Does anyone have any instructions on how to adjust the REAR windows up? I plan to do the front windows at the same time as I have the leak above the tweeters also.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Roof leak near rear quarter window-img_4549.jpg   Roof leak near rear quarter window-img_4551.jpg  
Old 11-02-2016, 08:53 AM
lashk
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone???
Old 11-02-2016, 10:16 PM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
Nope. No idea - haven't seen anything about that in the manual.
I get a few drops in the same spots, but not a huge deal for me - I always keep a cloth in the center console to wipe anything down.