Possible Vandalism...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 01:20 PM
iGotTheRuns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible Vandalism...

Just wanted some opinions here.

Rear right tire was wobbling bad and the car is not driveable. Had the car towed to a local dealership and they told me there is 1 lug nut missing from each wheel, but the rear right one had 3-4 missing.

They claimed the car can be driveable for awhile with 3-4 lug nuts missing, but once the wheel was rubbed raw on the inside that's when it started to wobble.

I'm trying to get a timeline on when the possible vandalism could have happened. I haven't taken it anywhere since I purchased the car that would take the wheels off. There was no audible noises on the purchase date and nothing a few months after. This had to have happened recently.

I'm curious since the wheel started to wobble Tuesday morning if it happened Monday night?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Paratrooper

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by iGotTheRuns
Just wanted some opinions here.

Rear right tire was wobbling bad and the car is not driveable. Had the car towed to a local dealership and they told me there is 1 lug nut missing from each wheel, but the rear right one had 3-4 missing.

They claimed the car can be driveable for awhile with 3-4 lug nuts missing, but once the wheel was rubbed raw on the inside that's when it started to wobble.

I'm trying to get a timeline on when the possible vandalism could have happened. I haven't taken it anywhere since I purchased the car that would take the wheels off. There was no audible noises on the purchase date and nothing a few months after. This had to have happened recently.

I'm curious since the wheel started to wobble Tuesday morning if it happened Monday night?

Thanks in advance.

What do you mean by rubbed raw before it wobbled? Are you saying negative camber was a culprit?

No car should be driven with 3-4 lugs missing bro. Someone def took them, this could be classified as more than vandalism, possibly an attempt to harm you.

Any ex GF's? Rivals?
Old 08-07-2014, 01:33 PM
dkmesa350z
Registered Member

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Paratrooper
What do you mean by rubbed raw before it wobbled? Are you saying negative camber was a culprit?

No car should be driven with 3-4 lugs missing bro. Someone def took them, this could be classified as more than vandalism, possibly an attempt to harm you.

Any ex GF's? Rivals?
lol, his ex better do better next time! go for all 5 on each wheel!
Old 08-07-2014, 02:32 PM
Tachyon

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Probably a failed theft attempt. Were the missing lugs the locks?
Old 08-07-2014, 03:21 PM
iGotTheRuns

Originally Posted by Paratrooper

Any ex GF's? Rivals?
I highly doubt it was an attempt on me lol. No ex's know where I live as I just moved.

I just spoke with the service manager and he said the lug nuts hallowed out, creating an oval shape since I drove on it. Because of that they want to charge me $900 for a new wheel. Also the studs were damaged.

He is strongly doubting vandalism and saying that he believes the lug nuts were just simply not tightened enough. He is checking the car, talking to the foreman now, to see if the lug nuts were simply missing or just not tightened.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Palomita

"...apparently, the tire guy who went to TIRE COLLEGE was absent on LUG NUT DAY."
Old 08-07-2014, 07:21 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Well..... That could have ended a lot worse. $900 for a new wheel? Hell, thats almost a 3rd of the cost of a new set of Vossens. Check the classifieds, people are always selling off their OEM wheels around here.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:59 PM
VeXeD

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Hmmm, wouldnt what he said take time? Does he wash his car? Clearly it would be evident!?!

Dunno, one who takes pride in their car, notices irregularities asap