Hello Everyone! Converted SC430 Owner to the New IPL Vert

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 06:48 PM
candytheiplvert
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello Everyone! Converted SC430 Owner to the New IPL Vert

Hello everyone! Just want to introduce myself. Just picked up a "new" 2013 IPL Convertible in white with monaco red. It's a dealer showroom car on clearance. I couldn't resist. I've had multiple SC430's and a G35 S Coupe back in 2005 and a 2009 G37 convertible but this is my first IPL. "Candy" is her name. First mods: Extra set of IPL floor mats (they will be extinct soon) and I've just read the thread on the spoiler and I'm thinking hard about that.

I've long wanted the Bloomingdale's Car and drove one at Sewell Infiniti back in early 2009. Then I saw fog lights were coming down low and a black color. When I realized black was really eggplant/malbec I couldn't pull the trigger on the 2010-2011 anniversary editions. I had a 2007 SC430 Pebble Beach edition I loved (white on red, limited production) and a 2005 as well (black on red) and was waiting for a white on red vert...finally the IPL answered my prayers! I love all the extra goodies it has, but if I was writing a check for a new one I certainly would question if it was worth it. Luckily I got a steal of a deal on mine.

I'm not big into the graphite wheels, but I'm a sucker for BBS mesh style wheels so I'm torn. I'm thinking about getting my wheels polished to be shinier or changing to the 09-11 Anniversary/LE/Premier/Bloomingdales wheels. Any thoughts? I know the IPL wheels are sweet but the dark color reminds me of brake dust ridden wheels! LOL

My other car is a GS350 F-Sport (2013) and I hate the graphite wheels on it too! LOL I guess I'm getting old. I'm still into chrome. (no I don't still own a flip phone and like gold kits though, haha).

I've been a long standing member of the FX.org site, 6MT, a moderator on clublexus and a part time independent car dealer (although i don't do much). When I'm not into car stuff my paying gig is pharmaceutical sales.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say that I've enjoyed reading your posts and seeing the camaraderie on here so far! Looking forward to chatting with you all!
Attached are the only pics I have of "Candy" as she was at Infiniti dealer and haven't got around to taking new ones in her new stable. Stay tuned!
Attached Thumbnails Hello Everyone!  Converted SC430 Owner to the New IPL Vert-0.jpg   Hello Everyone!  Converted SC430 Owner to the New IPL Vert-1.jpg   Hello Everyone!  Converted SC430 Owner to the New IPL Vert-2.jpg   Hello Everyone!  Converted SC430 Owner to the New IPL Vert-3.jpg   Hello Everyone!  Converted SC430 Owner to the New IPL Vert-5.jpg  

Old 07-13-2014, 11:04 AM
_tjp_

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congratulations! That's a sweet car (glad you included the pics). I also switched over from a Lexus. I traded in my 2006 IS350 for my 2012 6MT vert. The G37 is so much more fun to drive.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:07 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
welcome & congrats on the new ride!
Old 07-13-2014, 10:19 PM
Pnrymmf
Premier Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
from 1 ipl vert owner to another welcome! Im moonlight white and red as well. my mods so far are stillen gen 3 CAI and exhaust. ive bought the spoiler but not put it on yet. I like the wheels but wish they had more of a lip. Welcome.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:24 AM
candytheiplvert
Registered Member

Thanks everyone! I'm super excited. I've long been a huge 70% Lexus 30% Infiniti consumer, owning several G's, FX's and many more Lexus. The performance and value of these cars as well as the tech, looks and overall features beats the pants off what Lexus offers. If they had upgraded the old SC back in 2006 with a significant model change they might have been able to hang, but I don't think the IS-C's are close in comparison at all. I just can't get into them. Maybe the new IS-C's when they come out will be nice?

Pnrymmf-I'm hoping you install the spoiler to help push me over the edge! I'm a little nervous about the install, although I've done dozens of "stick on" Lexus and Infiniti spoiler before, never one that involves camera, antenna, etc. How do you like your mods-do they make a considerable difference even over the IPL setup?
Old 07-14-2014, 09:54 AM
zweetz32

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i installed the spoiler without drilling new holes. the install is pretty straight forward. I find that having an extra pair of hands when putting the spoiler on helps to align it.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:45 AM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Welcome (back)! That is definitely a sweet color combo. I would've been all over a G droptop but I have 3 kids and the wife would frown upon one "riding" in the trunk
Old 07-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Need 4 Speed

Received 86 Likes on 77 Posts
OH MAN! Welcome back to the Infiniti Side! Id take a G37 IPL vert over an SC430 anyday. I'm sure most people in here would say thats a tremendous upgrade!
Old 07-16-2014, 12:09 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
congrats and welcome! Enjoy the car especially no run flats!
Old 07-16-2014, 01:22 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
Welcome welcome welcome! I agree the 37 is a much sweeter looking ride than the SC. I wanted an SC BAAADDD back in the day but once I saw the G37 hardtop vert there wasn't even a debate. Enjoy the site man it's wonderful.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:23 AM
candytheiplvert
Registered Member

I've got my first round of issues to bring the car into Sewell Infiniti service for tomorrow.... seat belt damage to the aluminum trim, brake noise, sonar not working, bose headrest speakers not making any noise, and a bunch of little things.

In my experience on these cars (as well as other luxury/drop tops) you've got to stay on top of these warranty items no matter how small. My in laws had a SL550 that they smelled a little oil burn off and what was misdiagnosed as a filter not being tightened properly (which was true) ended up being $6k in hydraulic top lifters for the convertible years later NOT covered under warranty. If they had been diligent on reporting the first sign and being persistent they would have found it and fixed it!

The 09 G37 vert I had suffered from the aluminum trim getting beat up and Infiniti (as opposed to Lexus) has been really good about replacing due to "irregular or premature" wear. After all, Infiniti touted this Silk Obi trim as "the-bomb-dot-com" didn't they? :-)

The IPL's sound and feel is so much different than my 09 base vert I had-almost a different car. Enjoying this very rare cool weather here in Dallas this weekend with the car! More pics to come.

How cool is the IPL badge on the engine? Love it!

Oh, floor mats piping starting to fray prematurely on the sides. Another warranty issue.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:35 PM
Pnrymmf
Premier Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Candytheiplvert my trim on the driver side is getting a few dings too. got to be the seat belt going back and hitting it. design flaw or maybe they should have put some clear tape or coating on it back there.

I got my eye on some leather floor mats from Italy. come in a nice red to match the interior but at $300+ I just cant pull the trigger. lol

I like my mods so far. the Gen3 intake helps. I can hear and feel that one. On the exhaust I was looking for the sound of my old G35 coupe and stillen but it isn't there. it is better sounding than the original ipl exhaust but im still not happy. I might try HFCs or switch exhaust. I know we are improved over the G37S but I thimk maybe doing a intake and tune is going to happen sometime.
While I can tell this thing has loads more power than my old G I wish it had about 475-525. only thing I think we can do to improve on the ipl is a little more airflow and handling without going forced induction. I really love the car and the top down. Wish we had more choices for rear valance that looks more coupe like.

I was in Dallas last week. man the storms were terrible. glad I wasn't driving it in that mess.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:47 AM
stm37s

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts
welcome, very nice pictures of your whip. Keep us posted on any and all mods you will be doing