Any problems with your G so far?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 08:34 AM
jamjamz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any problems with your G so far?

Hey guys! So I picked myself up a 2009 G vert black on black with premium and nav package @53k miles for $27k. Thought it was a good deal and after I saw it with the top down, I was instantly sold! I wasn't even planning on buying a car that day!! (I hope I got a good deal, my boyfriend said it was a decent deal...)

Anyway, since this is my first used car, and it being at 53k miles... quite high on milage... I was curious if you guys have had any major problems of any sort with your G? My previous 2007 G35 never had any problems. I drove it till around 45k miles before I sold it... (have missed it ever since lol)

Where are you guys at with your G (miles)? Any problem so far? I didn't purchase the extended warrenty... Thanks in advance

Last edited by jamjamz; 09-10-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:42 AM
zdubin

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
No problems on my 2010, except for some roof rattles, which were 90% fixed under warranty. Applied the TSB for the non-retracting seat belts (which included replacing the door panels) and just replaced the worn OEM tires with Michelin Pilot Sport A/3 tires.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:04 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
At 7,000 miles, the clutch went to the floor. Dropped it off by the dealer and got it back in 2 hours (supposedly they replaced it with GT-R clutch fluid)

I now have 13,000 miles...and it is happening again....slightly frustrating....so today it goes back in.

Other than that, just creaks from the entire center console...but thats it.

Oh, '12 6MT Sedan
Old 09-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. My 2008 G has 64k miles and only problem is my cat converter needed to be replaced (still under warranty) and that's about it.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:00 AM
MikeKiloDelta

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by chilibowl
At 7,000 miles, the clutch went to the floor. Dropped it off by the dealer and got it back in 2 hours (supposedly they replaced it with GT-R clutch fluid)

I now have 13,000 miles...and it is happening again....slightly frustrating....so today it goes back in.

Other than that, just creaks from the entire center console...but thats it.

Oh, '12 6MT Sedan
Slave cylinder maybe? That was the problem with mine.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:18 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeKiloDelta
Slave cylinder maybe? That was the problem with mine.
I happen to think so too bro...Nissan has never been "known" for quality clutch or slave cylinder assemblies...

With that being said, I aint too worried bout it...ill just bring her in and have them fix this ridiculously creaky center console too while theyre at it.

I tell ya, this is a very fun car to drive and has been 90% solid.....but I really hope Infiniti fixed the silly and poor quality interior issues with the Q50. My girlfriends '13 Genesis Coupe is still an absolute "vault" till this day without a SINGLE funny noise.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:23 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
No clutch issues here --- ~11,xxx miles, 2012 model year.

My rear parking brakes squeak when I exit the car. Rochester has a thread about this. It doesn't bother me enough to want to deal with it at this time

Few slightly rattles here and there. AC blows nice and cold (it's 95F here today).
Old 09-10-2013, 04:57 PM
colnajoe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No problems with my 09, just learn what you can about the operation of the top. Never stop half way up or down. My seatbelts were a problem, wouldnt roll back up after getting out but had them fixed. Talk to dealer if yours still do that even though your out of warranty. Do you have a sport model? If not, heard the brakes wear easily. My wife has 137,000 miles on her 06 g35x, with no repairs other than new brakes a few times. If thats a sign, I have many miles to go, I'm only at 38,000.... PS... if you live where theres snow, get good winter type tires. Suicide to run on street tires in snow.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:33 AM
jamjamz

Thanks for all your input guys! It's good to know that you guys didn't encounter any major problems as of now. You have no idea how helpful this site (and all your help) is!!

My main concerns are the engine and the top, really!! The first few times when I put the top down and up.. I keep forgetting that it's not a one push thing... I forgot to keep my finger on the damn button so it stopped several times in between the operation... hope I didn't F it up xD

As for the seatbelt not retracting properly... is there a way to find out if the previous owner already had that taken care of? Honestly, I think it's not replaced because it doesn't retract all the way by itself.

Any other TSB I should know about? I found one about the roof rattling on this forum... again, don't know if it's taken care of already... sigh. I hear a rattle here and there but I think it's also coming from the seatbelts rubbing against the leather seat. It doesn't bother me much, just turn up my music ;D
Old 09-11-2013, 12:35 PM
ataDude

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm one month short of two years on my 2012 vert... not one hiccup... not even a little one.

Originally Posted by jamjamz
Hey guys! So I picked myself up a 2009 G vert black on black with premium and nav package @53k miles for $27k. Thought it was a good deal and after I saw it with the top down, I was instantly sold! I wasn't even planning on buying a car that day!! (I hope I got a good deal, my boyfriend said it was a decent deal...)

Anyway, since this is my first used car, and it being at 53k miles... quite high on milage... I was curious if you guys have had any major problems of any sort with your G? My previous 2007 G35 never had any problems. I drove it till around 45k miles before I sold it... (have missed it ever since lol)

Where are you guys at with your G (miles)? Any problem so far? I didn't purchase the extended warrenty... Thanks in advance
Old 09-12-2013, 08:37 AM
jamjamz

sweet. good to know!! ;D
Old 09-13-2013, 12:33 AM
SigX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah, the god damn paint chips! seriously... my next one will get covered in plastic.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:34 PM
_tjp_

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Same here on my 2012. No issues what so ever.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:44 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I have perhaps the oldest Vert on myG37 (since june 2009) and haven't had any real issues. It is NOT my daily driver but after 4+ years and 25k miles, nothing to complain about <knock wood>. I get compliments every time I drive it!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:22 AM
keraxis

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Important stuff doesnt break

The stuff you care about is under power train warranty. All the other stuff is 200 dollar fixes or so. The part that i hate is my front bumper.... ate up with chips. common problems. Clutch cylinder, trans syncros, some people have ecu problems...

Quick Reply: Any problems with your G so far?