2013 Infiniti IPL G Convertible announced

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 05:20 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
2013 Infiniti IPL G Convertible announced

Infiniti announces IPL G Convertible in Monterey

Infiniti Performance Line (IPL) Expands As Stunning New Open-Top Model Joins IPL G Coupe in Infiniti Showrooms Beginning Spring 2012

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (Aug. 20, 2011) – Infiniti today announced that it will double its Infiniti Performance Line lineup of premium performance vehicles in spring 2012 with the addition of a new 2013 IPL G Convertible. More than just focusing on engine power and acceleration, the Infiniti Performance Line, or IPL, product design philosophy focuses on "total vehicle performance," including unique driving attributes and exclusive exterior and interior features at highly attractive price points.

The IPL G Convertible announcement was made by Infiniti Americas Vice President Ben Poore at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance where the IPL G Convertible Concept is currently on display. The IPL G Convertible Concept features unique aerodynamic styling, the dynamic performance of an IPL-tuned V6, exhaust and suspension, 19-inch IPL aluminum-alloy wheels, three-piece retractable hardtop and a unique red leather-appointed interior set against a Malbec Black exterior – a level of equipment and performance modification expected to be shared with the production IPL G Convertible.

"The Infiniti Performance Line, as demonstrated by our first offering, the IPL G Coupe, challenges the concept of an ultra-high cost sports series. IPL pushes the premium performance envelope for buyers seeking a higher level of exclusivity and driving exhilaration, but does so with an Infiniti twist," said Poore. "The IPL G Convertible will deliver the goods, just like the current IPL G Coupe does. Plus, the new IPL G Convertible offers the added pleasure of open-air motoring."

The new IPL G Convertible is based on the foundation of the Infiniti G37 Convertible, which features an advanced 3.7-liter V6 and three-piece power retractable hardtop that's designed to look as good with the top up as it does down.
"Like every Infiniti, the new IPL G Convertible will take a different path from its established competitors," added Poore. "It's a terrific addition to the Infiniti Performance Line, taking the dramatic Infiniti G Convertible to an even higher level."

Additional information on the 2013 IPL G Convertible will be available during the production version debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November.

Last edited by cereal2k; 08-20-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:24 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
looks really nice
Old 08-20-2011, 05:29 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I am soo confused on what is going on in 2013. So the IPL is going to be more for looks than anything? So they made a performance line but at the same time are they going to raise the power output for the new G coupe so it exceeds the IPL? I guess we will wait and see. I know if the G coupe is staying with the same engine and HP I will be looking a diff direction.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:45 PM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by Pcasey
I am soo confused on what is going on in 2013. So the IPL is going to be more for looks than anything? So they made a performance line but at the same time are they going to raise the power output for the new G coupe so it exceeds the IPL? I guess we will wait and see. I know if the G coupe is staying with the same engine and HP I will be looking a diff direction.
It's wait and see.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:11 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
E550 Coupe & S5, follow me like twitter, theres nothing going on here but some cool leather ..
Old 08-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
verrrrry interesting.... things I noticed:

1. the taillights are actually quite different from my 09- the shape resembles almost like a coupes tailights! and also... it looks like the euro spec? rear... the center of the taillight is amber... there's rear reflectors on the bottom of the rear near the exhausts, and there's side blinkers! those are some pretty subtle changes... but definitely noticeable...

2. where's the nubin peice on the trunk?! the oem spoiler looks slicker, but did they just get rid of the nubin completely?? i like.

3. wheel gap is actually not that noticeable! not sure if it's gonna come out of production like that... but compared to ipl coupes... it doesn't look like a 4x4!

nice find lee.... now lets see which one of us mans up and gets one. =)
Old 08-20-2011, 06:33 PM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
E550 Coupe & S5, follow me like twitter, theres nothing going on here but some cool leather ..

Originally Posted by Jubbliepuff
verrrrry interesting.... things I noticed:

1. the taillights are actually quite different from my 09- the shape resembles almost like a coupes tailights! and also... it looks like the euro spec? rear... the center of the taillight is amber... there's rear reflectors on the bottom of the rear near the exhausts, and there's side blinkers! those are some pretty subtle changes... but definitely noticeable...

2. where's the nubin peice on the trunk?! the oem spoiler looks slicker, but did they just get rid of the nubin completely?? i like.

3. wheel gap is actually not that noticeable! not sure if it's gonna come out of production like that... but compared to ipl coupes... it doesn't look like a 4x4!

nice find lee.... now lets see which one of us mans up and gets one. =)
Good eye. It is the concept from earlier in the year, it does look euro spec from the wider license plate. I did not notice the differences in the tail lights though. Side blinkers are euro/gulf/JDM spec I think. The official unveiling should look similar.

Looks like it yes, you would just get the integrated piece.

Yes the front height is not bad.

This is all you Alan! Spring 2012 hahaha
This just buys you exclusivity though apart from this description

Like its coupe sibling, the IPL (for Infiniti Performance Line) is more about handling and appearance than outright power. The 3.7-liter VQ37HR V6 benefits from the same breathing mods, delivering 348 horsepower and 276 pound-feet of torque through either a six-speed manual or seven-speed automatic gearbox. The body has been festooned with the same angular front and rear fascias, along with 19-inch wheels and a reworked suspension with stiffer springs at all four corners.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:42 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
^ you should get those red seats & trim though, with the top down your car would be insanely nice looking!!! I like your exterior cf set up > this IMO.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:55 PM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
^ you should get those red seats & trim though, with the top down your car would be insanely nice looking!!! I like your exterior cf set up > this IMO.
Thanks and yes, I was exploring the thought of that

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-con...ed-option.html
Old 08-20-2011, 07:17 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I just wet my pants - love, love, love the red interior...
Old 08-21-2011, 03:41 AM
Devil G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pcasey
i am soo confused on what is going on in 2013. So the ipl is going to be more for looks than anything? So they made a performance line but at the same time are they going to raise the power output for the new g coupe so it exceeds the ipl? I guess we will wait and see. I know if the g coupe is staying with the same engine and hp i will be looking a diff direction.
^^^^^^^^+1

IPL better not be worse than standard lineup. That makes no sense.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:59 AM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....nv-concept.jpg
this is the color combo, i wanted....
Old 08-21-2011, 10:59 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
that IPL Concepti is the Euro spec model they used -- unforutnately we wont see the side reflectors or the rear bumper reflectors... i think that looks better IMO
Old 08-21-2011, 11:43 AM
advan37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks nice!!
Old 08-21-2011, 01:18 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
looks good

we'll have to wait and see

Quick Reply: 2013 Infiniti IPL G Convertible announced