The G37 Convertible is UGLY w/ top up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Orbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far the side profile is the quirkiest thing on the G convertible to me. I couldn't find any side pictures with the top up in that link that LC_G37 posted, I'm wondering if that's because it's not as visually appealing. I don't think people are going to want to speed around in this thing anyway, the curb weight has got to be astronomical.

On a side note, anyone read the paragraph about the red leather on the "Premier Edition"? that would look nice why couldn't they offer that normally. One of the positives on my list when I was cross shopping the 335 was the ability to have a red interior. The red interior/white exterior is a great looking color combo IMHO, we'll have to see if anyone orders a IP "Premier Edition" G37 Convertible.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:07 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
the red interior will only be on those 200 cars for Bloomingdales... you won't see it hit any other color combos
Old 11-20-2008, 02:09 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

I dub this the MILFMOBILE.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Orbie

Originally Posted by da mayor
the red interior will only be on those 200 cars for Bloomingdales... you won't see it hit any other color combos
I know it's only for the 200 special edition cars, but nothing is mentioned in the article about the exterior paint color being only a specific color. So like I said, why couldn't someone order an IP "Premier Edition" G37 Convertible?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Skyline-LEXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fail for taillight....... head rest seems some what interesting....
Old 11-20-2008, 03:07 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Orbie
I know it's only for the 200 special edition cars, but nothing is mentioned in the article about the exterior paint color being only a specific color. So like I said, why couldn't someone order an IP "Premier Edition" G37 Convertible?
might as well just order a moonlight white coupe and then get a custom wrapped interior. My friends have the BMW red leather and the fabric is pretty thin when he took it off to get his seats re-wrapped.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:47 PM
w0ady

maybe it will look better in person but i doubt it.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:53 AM
gt_performah

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dominican_Capt
Other the the Sedan rear lights, I like it alot.

You're rite about the sedan lights. It is possible Infinti ran into issues trying to copy the G37 tail lights because of the way they wrap up and around the back. However, they didn't have to copy the sedan rear bumper. It looks too square.

Then again considering the concept coupe to production changes, the chrome piece on the G37 and the shocking revelation from the National Geographic documentary that Nissan took designs ideas from around the world for the GTR, I believe otherwise.

I believe they did what they wanted to do. Screw what the consumer wants.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Speeder

^ I consider the rear side of the convertible to be Fugly for my tast, but I also have to disagree with you on the designers not caring what customers want. People's tasts are different, that's why we have so many variety of cars and colors in the world. For designers to satisfy the majority, while maintaining the integrity and desired functionality of a vehicle, is an almost impossible task.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:01 PM
w0ady

seriously, do you think this forum has ANY impact on infiniti design? if so, the design of the g37 vs g35 should show you they dont care what any of us thinks. they are going after older consumers which make up the large majority of their business and sales show they are doing the right thing.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Speeder

No, I don't think this forum has any impact on infiniti design. I can't say I know which segment they care about the most but I do know that most luxury manufacturers try to focus on the entry model customers more than thier older customers because once you get your first luxury model from one manufacturers and if they keep you satisfied, chances are you stick with that manufacturer for higher models that are the cash cows. That's the mentality at Mercedez Benz and BMW where infiniti competes with. They can't make drastic changes, the changes are subtle to attract younger clients looking for a modern look while avoid alienating current owners.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:28 PM
nogoodname
Banned

^^ Infiniti doesn't have time to search forums to see what ppl think...lol
Old 11-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Speeder

^^ No way, we're lucky even if they have a questionaire for consumers!
Old 11-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Keng

Originally Posted by Speeder
No, I don't think this forum has any impact on infiniti design. I can't say I know which segment they care about the most but I do know that most luxury manufacturers try to focus on the entry model customers more than thier older customers because once you get your first luxury model from one manufacturers and if they keep you satisfied, chances are you stick with that manufacturer for higher models that are the cash cows. That's the mentality at Mercedez Benz and BMW where infiniti competes with. They can't make drastic changes, the changes are subtle to attract younger clients looking for a modern look while avoid alienating current owners.
Even G is target at someone who's in mid 30
Old 11-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Sukairain

Originally Posted by nogoodname007
^^ Infiniti doesn't have time to search forums to see what ppl think...lol
Oh yes they do~

Back in 02, Infiniti corporate paid attention to Freshalloy and addressed some issues on the prototype of the G35 coupe (Sport badge, Brembo availability) prior to irs release. In 03 initial 6MT owners complained about the lack of arm rest and that was addressed within 7 month of initial release. People bitched about the 02 sedan rear 'doggy door' and Infiniti address that problem within 10 months. These issues were prominent discussions on Freshalloy.com and G35driver back in the days. Infiniti most definitely pays attention to these forums.

As far as the tail light change goes..... I must admit guilt for raising hell over the funky tail lights on G35driver. I am very glad they altered the light design on the G37 Convertible and shown the car with the non-sport front bumper. They also addressed the G37 coupe rear quarter panel 'busy line' issue on the convertible. IMHO the G37 Convertible is a more attractive looking car compared to the coupe mostly due to its rear end modification. The car doesn't look as great with the top up but it's still a beauty queen compared to the retarded IS250C.

My only concern is that with 4000+lbs curb weight, Infiniti might want to consider putting the 5.0L V8 in the car. (I'll trade my SL for a V8 G37 Convertible )

Quick Reply: The G37 Convertible is UGLY w/ top up!!!