Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

My Q60...? Infiniti announces no more G

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 07:29 PM
jmann
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Sounds like a new fetish feature, "auto-eroticism" Different strokes for different folks I guess....
Old 12-18-2012, 11:50 PM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ummm... no comment lol
Old 12-19-2012, 12:56 AM
drive6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MyQ50.com

Apparently we'll all be driving Q50 Sedans very soon... only to be looking up to the Q60 Coupes in the 2014 Infiniti hierarchy.

G37 emblems may become collector's items - don't throw away those de-badge scraps and hide your floor mats.

(See Google news "Infiniti Q50")
Old 12-19-2012, 01:26 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
If I can't get a smoking employ price on a new Q50 or Q60 best believe it will be rebadged back to a G, call me rice but its heritage.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:46 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Old 12-19-2012, 03:09 AM
mj_39

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm liking where this is heading! Can't wait to see what's in store for the upcoming years.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:05 AM
BKsInfiniti

Can't say I'm a fan of the Q and QX scheme. G spot > Q spot
Old 12-19-2012, 07:20 AM
INFINITI G37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation New Naming Strategy for 2014 INFINITI models

Beginning with the 2014 model year, all Infiniti models will carry the prefix "Q" or "QX." As the picture below:

Old 12-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
Still excited to see the unveil.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:54 AM
volnedan

As long as we're all complaining, I kinda wish they at least went with the "JX" nomenclature for the SUVs. The JX model just came out, and it sounded pretty cool. They could have run with that.

I remember back when the name G37 was announced, everyone was complaining that it didn't roll off the tongue the way "G35" did. We all got accustomed to it very quickly.

Either way, I will most likely be getting the 2014 Q50 6MT when my lease is up next January, assuming they don't jack the price up ridiculously.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

I bet its gonna be baddasssss.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:36 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by volnedan
As long as we're all complaining, I kinda wish they at least went with the "JX" nomenclature for the SUVs. The JX model just came out, and it sounded pretty cool. They could have run with that.

I remember back when the name G37 was announced, everyone was complaining that it didn't roll off the tongue the way "G35" did. We all got accustomed to it very quickly.

Either way, I will most likely be getting the 2014 Q50 6MT when my lease is up next January, assuming they don't jack the price up ridiculously.
I will be there right alongside you my brother. My lease is also up in January '14 ....and as long as the price for a well-optioned 6MT isnt $50,000...then I will be in a Q50 Sport !
Old 12-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Can't wait for Jan 14th. Weeks away to see the next Infiniti
Old 12-19-2012, 12:21 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Everyone truly is making a big deal out of nothing. Is anyone going to be any less excited for the new Q sedan/coupe when it rolls out? I sure as hell will be. I'm more curious about the true numbers: displacement, hp, torque figures etc. as well as aftermarket design and support. That's what we should be focusing on for the 2014 line-up, not what they're calling it. As far as the IPL line, it's the same car with a little bling. Nothing special. Add FI from the factory, then call it IPL. Now THAT'S something to talk about. Wouldn't an FIPL be sweet? Forced Induction Performane Line...I said it here first Infiniti!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:04 PM
jwfisher
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Johan de Nysschen responds!~~

(Press release that Infiniti just sent out)
------------------------------------
Dear Infiniti fans: We love you dearly. And we know you love the brand. Which means it's only natural that you may feel surprised by the announcement that we plan to change our nomenclature philosophy. No one likes change.
It was a tough decision. We like our current model names as much as you do. But we had no choice but to change. Let me explain.
1. We are embarking on a massive product offensive, and these new cars need names.
There are no suitable combinations of Alphanumeric naming options remaining that are not already trademarked by another automaker. In order to expand our line up with the fascinating new models we are developing, we must create a more flexible nomenclature philosophy.
2. Our new advanced technology engines under development will be smaller, lighter, more fuel efficient yet more powerful. And we will introduce some exhilarating performance machines in the future. I'm sure you will agree, it would be a bit odd to have a powerful, luxurious and refined V8 powered Infiniti M56, then position a new high-tech 550+ horsepower performance flagship for the Infiniti M range above it, using a potent charged induction V6, but then call it Infiniti M30, which we would be obliged to do, following our current naming logic.
3. Infiniti is becoming a global brand now. We are already active in almost 50 countries, the majority only very recently. Our new customers are unfamiliar with the brand and struggle to understand our range hierarchy. Is a JX above or below an FX? Where does an EX fit? What is the relationship between G and Infiniti M? Research confirms the majority of newcomers to our brand consider the naming to be somewhat arbitrary and confusing.
4. Infiniti owns the naming assets of Q plus double digit, and QX plus double digit. And it is a permanent part of our heritage.
So the solution is pretty straightforward - use Q for cars, QX for crossovers, and double digits in increments of ten, to denote hierarchy, linked to the price point of the model, not size and not engine displacement. And no, we wont call all-wheel drive models Q50X or QX50X. The fact that a model may feature four-wheel drive will be indicated by specific badging describing this feature on the car and is not part of the model name.
The really exciting implication of all this is that it prepares the way for the introduction of several fascinating new models above and below the current line up, and a wider range of powertrains including some truly stunning performance cars in our future.
So there is only good news for all Infiniti fans around the globe. We are working very hard to bring you great products, a great brand and a compelling ownership experience. And we are really confident you will love the new Q50. It's simply that good.
Warmest regards,
Johan de Nysschen
President
Infiniti Motor Company Limited

Quick Reply: My Q60...? Infiniti announces no more G