Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

My Q60...? Infiniti announces no more G

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 04:14 PM
djkmac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont see the big deal really, just another random letter and some number that means something. (or nothing) The car is the only thing im buying. The current names confuse people anyway, I had to keeping telling this guy at work, "no its a G37, not a G23." There is no meaing or creativity in the names, so why should we care what they call them.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:17 PM
solarg37

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
could car less about the name or looks, but less displacement and turbos always a good thing these days,
Old 01-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
LOL at how much debate the actual name of the car model (not the car itself mind you) is initiating. Some people are actually pissed about it what it's going to be called. Hilarious!

As a related note, in Texas apparently in the computer system of the highway patrol (Texas Department of Public Safety) the model name of our car is incorrectly entered as "G3S". I know this because I have received a traffic citation from DPS on more than one occasion. I don't know if it's this way for all G37's or just G37S models. On the first ticket I thought it was a typo by a clueless trooper who obviously knew nothing about fine automobiles. When I got the second one much later in a different part of the state by a different trooper and saw the same exact thing, I found out that it is input into their computer incorrectly that way and any person with a G37 who gets a ticket from DPS it will appear that way.

Unrelated note for those who will inevitably ask me - first was for speeding 67 in a 55 (adjudicated) second was for expired state inspection (dismissed).
Old 01-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
LOL at how much debate the actual name of the car model (not the car itself mind you) is initiating. Some people are actually pissed about it what it's going to be called. Hilarious!

As a related note, in Texas apparently in the computer system of the highway patrol (Texas Department of Public Safety) the model name of our car is incorrectly entered as "G3S". I know this because I have received a traffic citation from DPS on more than one occasion. I don't know if it's this way for all G37's or just G37S models. On the first ticket I thought it was a typo by a clueless trooper who obviously knew nothing about fine automobiles. When I got the second one much later in a different part of the state by a different trooper and saw the same exact thing, I found out that it is input into their computer incorrectly that way and any person with a G37 who gets a ticket from DPS it will appear that way.

Unrelated note for those who will inevitably ask me - first was for speeding 67 in a 55 (adjudicated) second was for expired state inspection (dismissed).
Inevitably, eh? Here's a riddle for you...

Old 01-02-2013, 09:38 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Marc Collins
The S in Volvo stood for sedan (with V for wagons). The A in Audi is pretty obvious. What does Q mean again?
What did G mean? I? M? FX? JX? EX? QX?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:13 PM
volnedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q is the guy from James Bond that makes cool gadgets like a pen with naked lady on it. Hopefully its a sign of things to come on future Infiniti models...

At this point who cares. Cadillac got away with this when they deviated from Seville, Deville, Catera, etc. It doesn't matter. But then again, what's the point of having message boards on the internets if you can't b1tch and moan about everything :-)
Old 01-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by volnedan
Q is the guy from James Bond
That's right!

I wonder if Infiniti's marketing department will take advantage of that association? I really think they should.

Attached Thumbnails My Q60...? Infiniti announces no more G-wishaw_2378039b.jpg  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Rochester
That's right!

I wonder if Infiniti's marketing department will take advantage of that association? I really think they should.

As much as I loved Skyfall, for my money Desmond Llewelyn will always be Q. Not that shaggy haired limp wristed weenie. Not Peter Burton. Not John Cleese. /off topic James Bond rant

Old 01-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

As much as I loved Skyfall, for my money Desmond Llewelyn will always be Q. Not that shaggy haired limp wristed weenie. Not Peter Burton. Not John Cleese. /off topic James Bond rant
Have to agree with that.

But he's dead. Gotta move with the times. The New Q for the new Q.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:16 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
That's right!

Lots of marketing possibilities with that
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 PM
TruLux

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I highly doubt that Bond will drive an infiniti over an Aston Martin
Old 01-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Shift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TruLux
I highly doubt that Bond will drive an infiniti over an Aston Martin
But Q might!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:56 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Bond will drive whatever car's manufacturer is paying the most for product placement. You never thought he'd drive a BMW or drink Heineken either but he has when they're paying the bills.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:46 AM
Atlbrav1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think BB says it best. Let's just wait and see the new car with all it's new design features and admire in all it's glory. Who really knows why Infiniti decided to change the nomenclature. Maybe one day they will tell us. I wonder if, back in 2008, the guys on G35driver were all up in arms about it going from a G35 to a G37 (for the coupe anyway), and how that would require a whole new forum! No matter what letter or number is on the car, I'm still a happy and proud owner of a great car!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 02:02 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Infiniti has been around since the 80s. Cadillac has been around for 110 years. Their owners probably didn't stress as much as some Infiniti owners when they did away with all time classic model names like El Dorado, Fleetwood, Deville, etc. Classic models that have existed since before almost all of us were born.

CTS-V isn't all that alluring a car name. It doesn't make any sense. It doesn't tell you what sort or size of engine it has. But I'd still rock the hell out of one.

Quick Reply: My Q60...? Infiniti announces no more G