Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

2011 changes and Infiniti to release the Essence? 201

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 06:07 PM
JanSolo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 changes and Infiniti to release the Essence? 201

Infiniti Essence Coupe being released this fall? | Infiniti at AutoTalk

Got this from an alert from Google today.

Infiniti just announced some key changes to the model line up this morning and one of the key points were the release of two new models. Infiniti is stating that they are extending the G lineup but are were up for a surprise release of the beautiful Infiniti Essence coupe at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance?

Here is the release from Infiniti:

The 2011 model year is turning out to be one of the most important in Infiniti's now 21-year history -- with the introduction of the all-new, next generation versions of the Infiniti M luxury sedan and Infiniti QX luxury SUV leading the way. Both vehicles are now available at Infiniti retailers nationwide.

And, while that might be more than enough for most brands, 2011 also brings the introduction of two important product extensions to the award-winning Infiniti G line -- which will be announced August 13th and 14th at the annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.

The Infiniti EX, FX, G Coupe and G Convertible also receive a number of key enhancements for 2011. Infiniti has also announced two near-future models, the Infiniti M Hybrid and an Infiniti EV. More information on these vehicles will be released later in the year ahead.

Key changes to the 2011 Infiniti lineup include, but are not limited to, the following:

QX -- All-new second-generation design, featuring a new 5.6-liter V8 engine with 25% more horsepower and 14% better fuel economy (than the previous generation V8). Available now.

M -- All-new design embracing the essence of all things Infiniti -- style, performance, luxury, craftsmanship and technology -- taking each to the highest levels ever for Infiniti's flagship sedan. It is available in M37 (V6) and M56 (V8) model designations, with rear-wheel drive or Infiniti's Intelligent All-Wheel Drive system. Available now.

EX -- New standard 7-speed automatic transmission, new standard 18-inch wheels and tires, standard Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control (previously on EX Journey models only), revised Fine Vision electroluminescent gauge illumination coloring, Blind Spot Warning (BSW) system added to the Technology Package, additional package naming and content changes, and three new exterior colors. Available October 2010.

FX -- Power rear liftgate added as standard equipment (late availability); 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with P265/50R20 V-rated all-season tires standard on FX50, replacing previous 21-inch wheels and tires (optionally available on FX35); black lacquer interior trim standard on FX50; revised package content; and one new exterior color. Available October 2010.
G Sedan -- New "Limited Edition" and "Sport Appearance" models with special exterior and interior content features, Scratch Shield Paint standard on all models, and one new exterior color. Available September 2010.

G Coupe -- Sport Package now offered on G37 Coupe AWD models, Navigation Package content now standard on G37 Coupe Sport 6MT, revised front fascia design (Sport and non-Sport) with fog lights moved from inside the headlight to the lower fascia area, revised 18-inch and 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheel designs, standard Scratch Shield Paint on all models, two new exterior colors. Available November 2010.

G Convertible -- Addition of a new G37 Coupe Limited Edition model with special exterior and interior, Navigation Package content now standard on G37 Convertible Sport 6MT, revised front fascia design (Sport and non-Sport) with fog lights moved from inside the headlight to the lower fascia area, revised 18-inch and 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheel designs, standard Scratch Shield Paint on all models, two new exterior colors. Available November 2010.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I read short mention of a G25 hybrid with 400HP in a recent car mag. No mention of it in this news release...
Old 07-12-2010, 09:00 PM
N50

I don't see where this release hints at the Essence at all.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:20 PM
volnedan

I say the two new additions are the G25 sedan and the IPL version of the coupe/vert. But hey, I'm just a caveman...
Old 07-12-2010, 11:23 PM
GT-R

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by volnedan
But hey, I'm just a caveman...
You might just be a caveman, but I think your prediction is spot on.

G25 Sedan + G37 IPL Coupe
Old 07-13-2010, 04:12 PM
JanSolo

Infiniti's Pebble Unveilings Will Be Additions to G Line

More speculation.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:54 PM
JanSolo

Originally Posted by volnedan
I say the two new additions are the G25 sedan and the IPL version of the coupe/vert. But hey, I'm just a caveman...
It could potentially be an IPL coupe and sedan, though.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:50 AM
SnoopSER

I just looked at a Car&Driver today(Camaro vs.Mustang) and the 2011 G coupe pic was in there!(of course it was a sketch!)
Old 07-14-2010, 12:02 PM
JanSolo

Here is what I read on Autoblog today about the upcoming G's to be revealed:

Infiniti details 2011 model year lineup, two new packages for G37 — Autoblog

Two new extensions to the G Sedan will debut at the upcoming Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance: a Limited Edition model and a Sport Appearance package. Infiniti promises that both machines will be available in September and will feature "special exterior and interior content features." The G Coupe will gain a Sport Package for all-wheel-drive models, while Infiniti's G Convertible gets a revised fascia with relocated fog lights (no pictures available) and a Limited Edition model. Scratch Resistance Paint becomes standard on all G models.

So nothing about an IPL model. Bah.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:38 PM
JanSolo

Here's IPL. Kinda boring.

Infiniti Performance Line: 348-Horsepower IPL G Coupe
Old 08-12-2010, 04:03 PM
cullan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JanSolo
Agreed... I was hoping for something a lot more serious.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:42 PM
jsingh

Disappointing, increase in HP - Yes, Increase in Torque Yes. Better Looking vehicle - NO. The styling is horrible, look like SUV running boards! However the front fogs are quite nice.

What can we expect for 2012/2013? Hmmmmm
Old 08-13-2010, 12:43 AM
JanSolo

Originally Posted by jsingh
Disappointing, increase in HP - Yes, Increase in Torque Yes. Better Looking vehicle - NO. The styling is horrible, look like SUV running boards! However the front fogs are quite nice.

What can we expect for 2012/2013? Hmmmmm
I'm hoping that this initial IPL release is just the beginning and that we get real performance parts and a real performance vehicle. Otherwise I'm likely going to stray from Infiniti once my lease is up next year. The AMG C63 and even the CTS-V look to me like some quite interesting and potentially very fun vehicles.

We know Infiniti, er Nissan, can make some great cars as seen from the G series, Z line and the GT-R. They just need to make an Infiniti based GT-R available to purchase. :-)
Old 08-13-2010, 12:57 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
it's just like the nismo Z.... the IPL G coupe has better struts, stiffer springs, a full exhaust upgrade from the cat back (not just a muffler)...etc....

Not many people want a GT-R supercar and want to spend $2k each time they need to do a brake job.

THey're moving up slowly with the warrantyable performance parts. It's a small step in the right direction
Old 08-13-2010, 11:59 AM
JanSolo

The issue here is that Infiniti is the HIGH END of what Nissan has to offer, yet the halo car for Nissan exists on their value brand. It's kind of mind boggling.

The highest margin products are typically those that are in the luxury realm and even then, in the higher end of the product line such as the 7 series and S classes of the world. Infiniti has a 3 series/C class competitor, a 5 series/E class competitor but not 7 series/S class competitor and certainly no M or AMG competitor even though IPL was positioned as such. That's why the IPL G37 is disappointing. I mean, at least releasing a V8 version of the G would have been interesting a la G56.

Quick Reply: 2011 changes and Infiniti to release the Essence? 201