Infiniti to Launch Entry-Level, Front-Drive Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Wongster
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Infiniti to Launch Entry-Level, Front-Drive Coupe

Infiniti to Launch Entry-Level, Front-Drive Coupe | AutoGuide.com News

If this is true, I might have finally found a decent replacement for my Integra GS-R. On the downside, the fwd coupe would probably appeal more to the ricer crowd and we'll also get these as loaner cars.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:08 PM
g37musings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a stupid idea Infiniti. Lets try to emulate BMW, get people thinking in those terms with rwd and awd, now lets do something stupid and make them think Infiniti Golf. If they do it, they deserve what they get.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:36 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW has confirmed that it's going to be launching FWD models too.

BMW confirms plans for front-wheel-drive models — Autoblog
Old 07-06-2010, 02:36 PM
volnedan

As if we don't hear people already comparing the Altima coupe to the G37 coupe, this will be the ultimate stake in the heart.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:39 AM
Xen

Originally Posted by volnedan
As if we don't hear people already comparing the Altima coupe to the G37 coupe, this will be the ultimate stake in the heart.
I know it is a dead thread but when I read this I had to reply. Some lady has the Altima coupe and when she saw me in my car she asked about it, the first thing she said was "so, that's just like my car"
Old 07-26-2010, 04:25 PM
mystakin
Registered Member

roar.. my friend has an altima and says his car looks just as good for thousands less >.< many people i know dont know why i chose the g instead of an altima.. they say if i wanted a sports car to go ahead with the z.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:42 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infiniti will be lessening the brand if they do that. They should have learned from Acura's mistake by offering the Integra for all of those years. Not that there's anything wrong with the Integra, but it sure didn't help Acura gain any status.

Porsche finally started doing it right when they dumped the low-cost 928/944 cars. Now I think a Boxster is the lowest point of entry for a Porsche.

What some people don't realize is that any gains you get in sales by introducing a low-cost model, you might offset by the potential buyers who will walk away from an expensive Infiniti because they don't want to drive a brand of car that some teenager will be driving too. Sounds a bit snobbish, but that's human behavior...
Old 07-26-2010, 04:44 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mystakin
roar.. my friend has an altima and says his car looks just as good for thousands less >.< many people i know dont know why i chose the g instead of an altima.. they say if i wanted a sports car to go ahead with the z.

The Altima coupe is ugly as hell and can't hold a candle to a G37 coupe.

But the Altima sedan isn't bad looking and probably does look as good as a g37 sedan for a much lower price.

Does your friend have the Altima coupe or sedan?
Old 07-26-2010, 06:38 PM
gt_performah

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
What ever happened to that M coupe everyone wrote Infiniti was making? Exactly.

I wouldn't put any stock into this until we hear it from Infinti. Until then, we are getting ahead of ourselves.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:10 PM
roots4x

I don't understand why there are so many comparisons with the Altima and the G coupe.

They are a different platform, different chassis, different suspension, different interior (save a few buttons and *****), different powertrain (engine is based off the same, but the power outputs are very different). Altima is FWD and G37 is AWD or RWD. I mean, they look kind of similar (the coupes anyway) at least they did but the Altima definitely has a more budget look. Whether that's just me knowing it's cheaper, I don't know.

The Gs are not rebadged US Nissans. They are a completely different car in Japan called the Skyline. The same goes with comparisons between the Maxima and the G sedan, though those are much more similar.

Anyways, back on-topic. I believe this might work out pretty well, and it is probably being done to meet CAFE requirements down the line. All car manufacturers will need a compact car with a small I4 to really meet these upcoming restrictions on MPG. It'll basically be like the old G20. Who knows? It might actually pretty sweet.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:45 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
My couple will officially be put up for sale if these things start showing up at dealerships.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:55 PM
jhenka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MSCA
The Altima coupe is ugly as hell and can't hold a candle to a G37 coupe.

But the Altima sedan isn't bad looking and probably does look as good as a g37 sedan for a much lower price.

Does your friend have the Altima coupe or sedan?
Are you on crack?? Please let me have some of what your smoking if you think the altima is anywhere near the g37 sedan...
Old 01-11-2011, 04:24 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Originally Posted by roots4x
I don't understand why there are so many comparisons with the Altima and the G coupe.
People know Infiniti is the luxury division of Nissan and the Altima coupe looks vaguely similar to the G37 coupe. People then assume that they're the same vehicle but just "rebadged".
Old 01-11-2011, 04:45 PM
xixonmn

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
People know Infiniti is the luxury division of Nissan and the Altima coupe looks vaguely similar to the G37 coupe. People then assume that they're the same vehicle but just "rebadged".
Stop hanging out with those people.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:10 PM
jhenka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xixonmn
Stop hanging out with those people.
+1

Quick Reply: Infiniti to Launch Entry-Level, Front-Drive Coupe