2010 Nissan Patrol/2011 Infiniti QX56

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 04:38 PM
GT-R

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool 2010 Nissan Patrol/2011 Infiniti QX56

2010 Nissan Patrol

CAR Middle East - February 14, 2010

The all-new V8-powered 2010 Nissan Patrol has had its global debut in the Middle East, with Nissan President and CEO, Carlos Ghosn, attending a glittering reveal last night at the Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi (see the video here).

With over 40 Japanese engineers having completed a total of 13,265 hours of testing in Arabian deserts and on our local roads, Nissan knows how important the GCC market is for the latest generation Patrol and the new All Mode 4x4 system can be tailored to on-road driving, sand or rock-crawling conditions. It can also be turned to snow mode – should freak weather conditions befall us.

Under the bonnet is a 5.6-litre V8 mated to a 7-speed auto with manual shift mode. On sale across the region from April, the Patrol sheds its cheap and basic image and goes fully loaded with kit and equipment.

Tough looks

The seventh generation has evolved over 50 years and boasts a massive following in the region, particularly amongst young locals who love nothing better than a bit of dune-bashing on the weekend - see it in the dunes here.

‘The new Patrol is built with the high level of safety, performance and quality that characterises the Nissan brand, and we paid special attention to the needs of GCC drivers and passengers,’ said Ghosn.

As expected the new Patrol is huge and maintains it tough and bluff exterior with strong, plain surfaces keeping a clear link with previous editions, whilst giving it contemporary sheen.

Luxury Inside

Inside there’s lashing of leather, polished aluminium and wood grain panelling as the Patrol takes a giant leap up the luxury ladder with a huge emphasis on comfort and space for the new car. It boasts wider, higher and deeper front seats and 100mm more legroom for second row passengers as well as a roomier third row of seats.

V8 Power and Gizmos

Nissan claims the new Patrol is the most powerful vehicle in its class with a 5.6-litre V8 with direct injector and variable valve technology that generates 400 hp and 413 lb.ft of torque.

As mentioned the Patrol has a selectable all-terrain style system along with Hydraulic Body Motion Control System for the new suspension which now employs independent ssuspension upgraded from the previous rigid axle setup.

There’s Hill Star Assist, Hill Descent plus an extensive list of driver’s aids including lane departure system, active cruise control and collision avoidance. There’s traction control, helical brake LSD (limited slip differential) and mechanical differential lock as well as clever braking.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:44 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
why why why it look like the for flex booooooo
Old 02-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Nismo Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... either a Flex look-alike or the Toyota Landcruiser. Yike! I hope the new Armada doesn't look like this one!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 07:21 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
wtf did they do with all the hp in that thing.

I saw a couple of them with factory turbo breaking 1000hp ,at the crank.

nows it's redudced to a lexus looking thing.

with less than half the hp of the old ones??
Old 02-14-2010, 07:21 PM
jc562

flexfinder
Old 02-14-2010, 07:23 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by RISKY GUY

1000hp at the crank from factory?

It was launched today actually, they wouldn't let me enter loool
Old 02-14-2010, 08:21 PM
ShyTown91
Premier Member

that thing is awesome!! im telling you with some all terrain tires this would be the ultimate SUV
Old 02-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
It's okay... Kinda reminds me of the Flex as Sam said. I like the interior though.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:53 PM
GT-R

Originally Posted by RISKY GUY

No stock Patrol makes 1,000 HP from the factory. Those are highly modified.

This is the most powerful stock factory Patrol yet.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:07 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nismo Titan
... either a Flex look-alike or the Toyota Landcruiser. Yike! I hope the new Armada doesn't look like this one!!!
The Armada is being replaced with the Patrol.

I really like this; it's very nice. Nissan is also keeping costs down with the design. From the spy pics of the new QX that were posted a while back I notice the front fender has the same design. So that means they will fit different headlights as seen in the QX but the fender portion will be the same shape so Nissan can simplify the manufacturing process.

I wonder if this new engine will also go into the Titan.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:52 AM
GT-R

Cool

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
The Armada is being replaced with the Patrol.
Where did you hear that?

I don't think that is true. The Patrol will be way too expensive to be sold as the Armada here. Especially since it is being built in Japan and with the unfavorable Yen. The Armada Platinum is already a $50k vehicle.

The Titan is getting redone for 2014. I think the Armada will still be based on the Titan and will be produced in the United States.

I expect the new QX to be at least in the low $60's, if not starting at $65k.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:21 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GT-R
Where did you hear that?

I don't think that is true. The Patrol will be way too expensive to be sold as the Armada here. Especially since it is being built in Japan and with the unfavorable Yen. The Armada Platinum is already a $50k vehicle.

The Titan is getting redone for 2014. I think the Armada will still be based on the Titan and will be produced in the United States.

I expect the new QX to be at least in the low $60's, if not starting at $65k.
Nissan confirms Infiniti QX56 and Nissan Quest, Armada to be phased out of U.S. production - MotorAuthority

Nissan today confirmed in an email to Motor Trend that it would be bringing U.S. production of the three large vehicles to an end by 2010. The vehicles are currently built in the U.S. at the Canton, Mississippi plant. Future models of the QX56 and Quest will be built in Japan, but the Armada's future remains in doubt. Similar news regarding the QX56 and Armada had been circulating as early as December of last year.
Spy shots: 2010 Nissan Patrol SUV - MotorAuthority

Nissan's earlier production phase out of the Infiniti QX56 and the Nissan Armada SUVs at its Mississippi plant was claimed to have been done to free up production for the Nissan NV2500 commercial vehicle, but many commentators suspected that Nissan could be dropping these two underperforming models.

Now, spy shots from the Middle East seem to depict a new Nissan SUV, the Nissan Patrol, which is usually only sold in non-American markets but that could be hitting the States if the Armada and the Infiniti QX56 are removed from the lineup.
Nissan will ship V8s to Japan for U.S. vehicles

The 5.6-liter V-8s will go into the full-sized Infiniti QX56, which has been produced in Canton, Miss., until now. But Nissan is moving the low-volume luxury SUV to an assembly plant at Shatai Kyushu, Japan. Ben Poore, vice president of the Infiniti business unit for Nissan North America, says QX56 inventories have been too low for Infiniti dealers this summer, and he has asked the company to increase production of the model.
Besides all that why would Nissan build the QX56 and Patrol and the Armada? It doesn't make sense.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:25 PM
heff

looks like a flex, cube, and landcruiser had a three way : P
Old 02-16-2010, 05:04 AM
RISKY GUY

Originally Posted by GT-R
No stock Patrol makes 1,000 HP from the factory. Those are highly modified.

This is the most powerful stock factory Patrol yet.
ok I have seen patrols (forget the year) had a turbo the size of your head.
factory(can't type in caps)v6 turbo awd.
and everything in uae is modded.this one was but so what,show me one suv here stateside that puts out#s like that.other than a srt8 jeep with a turbo or s/c.

I friend of mine told me about the power in them,he said "it's a nissan pathfinder on steroids"

I have seen ones that put down 700 800 alll day, google the middle east / uae patrol they are ridiculous.

also look on you tube.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:55 PM
RISKY GUY

you tube video
nissan patrol turbo vs lamborghini murcielago
lambo beaten by a 4x4 fact. Nissan for the win how much is a lambo vs a nissan. Owned.

search patrol turbo.
found another one
tb48
916whp
883wtq

no juice here.

just not for sale in us.

oh well you uae guys have all the fun.

Last edited by RISKY GUY; 02-19-2010 at 01:22 AM.

Quick Reply: 2010 Nissan Patrol/2011 Infiniti QX56