Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

Proof that Infiniti will release a competitor to the M3

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 09:28 AM
MaDd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you guys missed the point he was making.. the m3 competitor comes 1 generation of m3s later.. so when the G came out, they had the 330hp m3.. but the G could be compared to the earlier M which was 280hp... like wise the g37 came out, there is a new m3 that the G cant touch, but it is more comparable to now the older m3 which was 330hp which the older g35 couldnt touch.. ehh hard to put in words.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:32 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by MaDdFLaSheR
you guys missed the point he was making.. the m3 competitor comes 1 generation of m3s later.. so when the G came out, they had the 330hp m3.. but the G could be compared to the earlier M which was 280hp... like wise the g37 came out, there is a new m3 that the G cant touch, but it is more comparable to now the older m3 which was 330hp which the older g35 couldnt touch.. ehh hard to put in words.
I understand what you are saying!
Old 08-20-2007, 09:52 AM
JOKER

I would not be surprised that they finally going to release GTR with INFINITI badges on it.

If Nissan wanted they would have that car out by now. But they are improving Z and all we hear about GTR that ti's still being developed.

They either tricked everyone with that car or something fishy is going on.

All cars that Infiniti released were either right there with BMW or ahead of it. So if they are planning to release something that will compete with M I would not expect anything less from Infiniti then GTR. Infiniti is on their feet better then ever.

G rocked the house with the sales. Now another version of the G prolly going to do the same. EX is knocking the competition out cold.
The brand it self is very respectable. 5 years ago all it was just a Nissan with a bit of twist to it.

Hell 5 years ago I didn't even think about ever looking at infiniti.
Now I cant take my eyes off my coupe.

Company is on a roll. I'm very glad I made a choice to go with infiniti. If they continue doing what they doing I'll prolly hang out with them for another 10-20 years...........or until I switch to Aston Martin.........and I still keep my coupe.

Great Job............................Very very very impressed by them. INFINITI FTW
Old 08-20-2007, 09:53 AM
wuyichao

infiniti = nissan

therefore, even those M5/M6 owners will be watching their rear view mirror for the new GTR
Old 08-20-2007, 09:55 AM
wuyichao

Originally Posted by JOKER
I would not be surprised that they finally going to release GTR with INFINITI badges on it.

If Nissan wanted they would have that car out by now. But they are improving Z and all we hear about GTR that ti's still being developed.

They either tricked everyone with that car or something fishy is going on.

All cars that Infiniti released were either right there with BMW or ahead of it. So if they are planning to release something that will compete with M I would not expect anything less from Infiniti then GTR. Infiniti is on their feet better then ever.

G rocked the house with the sales. Now another version of the G prolly going to do the same. EX is knocking the competition out cold.
The brand it self is very respectable. 5 years ago all it was just a Nissan with a bit of twist to it.

Hell 5 years ago I didn't even think about ever looking at infiniti.
Now I cant take my eyes off my coupe.

Company is on a roll. I'm very glad I made a choice to go with infiniti. If they continue doing what they doing I'll prolly hang out with them for another 10-20 years...........or until I switch to Aston Martin.........and I still keep my coupe.

Great Job............................Very very very impressed by them. INFINITI FTW
it will be released by nissan, not infiniti, check nissan future car then infiniti's
Old 08-20-2007, 10:03 AM
JOKER

Originally Posted by MaDdFLaSheR

Maybe Infiniti did not have the $, or ppl would not take them seriously if they would release M3 competition for the same year.

But with the previous coupe and the current coupe ppl will see that INFINITI means business. And maybe next year...............or actually within 4 years we'll see a good M3 competitor. They want to get a simple G into everyones house right now. They will move up to satisfying real car enthusiasts later. Every move that they made payed off BIG.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:30 AM
stefanzo911

Originally Posted by JOKER
Maybe Infiniti did not have the $, or ppl would not take them seriously if they would release M3 competition for the same year.

But with the previous coupe and the current coupe ppl will see that INFINITI means business. And maybe next year...............or actually within 4 years we'll see a good M3 competitor. They want to get a simple G into everyones house right now. They will move up to satisfying real car enthusiasts later. Every move that they made payed off BIG.
^^Good point, more success will bring more good surprises.
Nissan/Infiniti has been the most improved auto-maker as far as sales and public interest the last 5 years. Althought not at the same level of Toyota/Lexus reputation in terms of quality and reliability. But improving constantly. I personally like their design and performance better than Toyota/Lexus which was my second choice before I purchase a G35.
No regrets whatsoever!
Old 08-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Turbomatic240sx

Infiniti has come a long way with their cars. However, I don't really see the G as a M/// competitor but only as a 3 series competitor. If Nismo made a G specced for performance then I would consider it a possible M/// competitor.

Even the E46 M3 out performs the new G37 in many aspects. Being a generation behind on the competition is not competing at all.

That being said I honestly would look forward to seeing a nice M competitor from Infiniti. It would be interesing to see what can be done given the research already put into the GTR. Nissan needs to be careful because they have alot on their plate right now, and rushing out more stuff could hurt rather than help.

As others have said though, its no proof until some type of official release is done.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:00 PM
GGGGGGGG

"Nissan needs to be careful because they have alot on their plate right now, and rushing out more stuff could hurt rather than help." I could not agree more.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:03 PM
ABQG35c

Originally Posted by Geez35
Listen to the Infiniti engineer at the 5:29 mark.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=91WVgzP_X...elated&search=
Old news buddy
Old 08-20-2007, 04:40 PM
dkhuynh

Originally Posted by RoCkY86
I think you have it the wrong way. Infiniti is trying to outperform BMW. That was the whole idea to come out with the G35, and all there new models. The M, FX, and now the EX. There main target is BMW and the fact that Lexus is coming out with there own high performance IS. Im sure Infiniti is going to make there own high performance. And dont forget Audi is coming out with S5.
The whole idea to come out with the G35 was to replace the G20 that no one wanted. They just simply imported the Skyline 350GT, labeled it an Infiniti and called it a day. There's no such thing as trying to outperform BMW or BMW's M. If that was their agenda, the original G35 would have been tuned up the *** to go head to head with the E46 M3, but instead it just happened that they imported with almost the same specs, it and it just happened that it had enough power to stand in the same crowd as BMW's 3series.

I will have to agree with you that Infiniti is trying to take the luxury segment from BMW.. or at least a small piece, though BMW's M GmbH is in a completely different ball game as Infiniti's... NISMO? I can understand if someone compares BMW's M division to Audi's S/RS division, but honestly Infiniti doesn't have jack. If they use Nismo as their division, it downgrades the vehicle from a luxury vehicle to a Nissan. Though some people like badging their Infiniti's as Nissans.

Yes Lexus is having their own division called.. the F.. F for like Fast or something. Lexus can play that ball game with their expensive LS460h and their future LS-F. Infiniti can't play that ball game, the GT-R is a Nissan.

I couldn't state this better...
Originally Posted by MaximaPower
lol...sorry but no....the G is a 3series competitor
Old 08-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Jeff92se

How much is the new M3? How much is the GT-R going to sell for? Seems like there already is a M series competitor.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:12 PM
MaximaPower

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
How much is the new M3? How much is the GT-R going to sell for? Seems like there already is a M series competitor.
why so many ppl think the G is a M fighter or the GTR is an M fighter
GTR is a 911 competitor

GTR should blow an M out the water.....and the G can't even beat the 3series let alone a M

how hard is this to understand???
Old 08-21-2007, 02:22 PM
dec55

If the g37 gets a factory installed TT....like the GTR, than it will be plausible to think this way..