Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

500HP Infiniti G37 twin-turbo on tap for 2010

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Drewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even if it is 500HP or whatever, it'll probably weigh in at 4500 pounds.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:51 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

people keep referring to Toyota and the supra. Unless Toyota was telling us a complete lie, there is no supra! Secondly, why would infiniti undercut the ultimate GT-R with a damn G35 variant?? If there was an infiniti 'supercar', it would be along the lines of the lexus lf-a.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:56 PM
frshgcoupe

yea, exactly... it doesn't have to be a GT-R variant. Supercar in general is what i was saying, also i said whatever toyota decides to call it. Where have you been, toyota is coming out with a high performance car of their own. You really think infiniti is just going to sit around and not come out with a car like that in the next 3 or 4 years?
Old 04-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Samson

Originally Posted by dec55
Seems like 500hp is gonna be the norm, you already read that 600hp to 700hp..
are already the new bench marks for supercars.....:lol
Right you are. The next Corvette will have 700hp and continue to weigh in at a middleweight, not a heavyweight.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:37 PM
b00stedjustin
Banned

Originally Posted by frshgcoupe
why wouldnt infiniti come out with a high performance car?
1.Nissan and the GTR
2.Lexus and the new IS-F
3.Acura bringing the NSX back
4.Bmw new M3 coming out
5.Audi RS5 to come out
6.Toyota working on the Supra or watever they decide to call it
It makes perfect sense for a them to come out with a sick car like that why wouldnt they it may not be twin turbo 500hp but it will be something along the lines of the competition
NO!!! Since in Japan Infiniti IS Nissan. Nissan's 500 ish hp monster is the GT-R!!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 04:40 PM
frshgcoupe

Yea, that is Japan. So 4 years from now what kind of cars is infiniti going to have, tell me that. Just a new and improved g37? They will come out with a supercar sooner or later. That would be stupid if they did not make a top performance car think about it
Old 04-04-2007, 04:54 PM
b00stedjustin
Banned

Originally Posted by clokwork
people keep referring to Toyota and the supra. Unless Toyota was telling us a complete lie, there is no supra! Secondly, why would infiniti undercut the ultimate GT-R with a damn G35 variant?? If there was an infiniti 'supercar', it would be along the lines of the lexus lf-a.
wrongzo. There is a new toyota sports car coupe, which has already been unveiled which will be available in a 400 hp, and a 500 hp trim. The price of the 500 hp one should be new GT-R pricing. this new coupe isn't called at this time the supra, but it infact is the new supra
Old 04-04-2007, 04:56 PM
frshgcoupe

^1 thank you... enough said
Old 04-04-2007, 05:42 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

^ -1 thank you. show me a link.

..and please dont let it be those damn renderings promoting the V6 and V8 versions shown earlier in this thread. They have already been debunked.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:32 PM
panda007

Originally Posted by frshgcoupe
Yea, that is Japan. So 4 years from now what kind of cars is infiniti going to have, tell me that. Just a new and improved g37? They will come out with a supercar sooner or later. That would be stupid if they did not make a top performance car think about it
considering the GTR is based off the g, why would infiniti or nissan of na/jp/israel or wherever build ANOTHER high performance car based off the g's FM platform? if the all new GTR had its own independent chassis design, then i'd understand... but that's not the case and won't be for awhile.

remember... the infiniti g is dubbed the skyline elsewhere. and to enhance the skyline's sport heritage into high performance category, the GTR was born along with the butchery of the skyline's original sedan figure into a sports coupe. at most, nissan will probably detune the GTR engine and drop that **** into the g's bay but never within the hp bracket of high performance cars and into GTR category. think about it... it'll kill the GTR's image and sales.

lastly, nissan has a HUGE LINEUP... if you ever seen the official japanese website, the common lineup has 30+ cars, trucks, minivans, etc etc. nissan already had horrible financial problems by introducing high performance models of station wagons, sedans and the like... thank goodness for Renault to save the day and genocide those models (even though i really loved the rb equipped cedric/glorias).

there's a reason why a high performance g will not be feasible... the french are... watching.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:46 PM
frshgcoupe

yea, you make a very good point. I wrote something different than what is typed here right now, this is due to the fact that the thread underneath this one answers my question. The M3 Rival thread, that is exactly what i am talking about. Meanwhile people are making it seem like im not making any sense. You guys are saying the same thing in another thread, a rival to the m3 or basically a faster more powerful g!!

Last edited by frshgcoupe; 04-04-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:50 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

The only thing Toyota has on the palette, and im not sneezing at it cuz it's cool, is the suggested 400 hp hybrid coupe that they have a concept of on their website. I could completely see Toyota taking that stance on the coupe since they are making a lot of 'green' cars now.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:54 PM
BadBoy06

Originally Posted by GGG Ya
viper? that doesn't have anything to do with infiniti
but i don't know about listening to what a dealer tells you, i feel like when i take my car in sometimes i know more about it than they do, although i definitely wouldn't mind him being right about 500hp
500 seems within reason
Old 04-05-2007, 02:28 PM
b00stedjustin
Banned

Originally Posted by clokwork
^ -1 thank you. show me a link.

..and please dont let it be those damn renderings promoting the V6 and V8 versions shown earlier in this thread. They have already been debunked.
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/toyota/...ra-ar6872.html

this is an older article, because I couldn't find the newer one that I was reading, but from last I heard a couple of months ago it is 85% ready for production. I'm suprised you haven't heard.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:50 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

This is when the hype was all built up. No offense, but I need something more solid than this. This article/post was made back in April of last year (2006) This was all speculation.

Quick Reply: 500HP Infiniti G37 twin-turbo on tap for 2010