Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

G25

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 09:13 PM
GreenGoblin
sfl g club president

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants
there is a g25... its front wheel drive and comes in 4 and 6's... its called the altima coupe.

shame infiniti wont be selling a version of it, guess they just dont want to have anything below 30k at their dealers.

ppp
yup nice
Old 01-25-2007, 09:30 PM
maj83
lazy a$$

Not a bad idea. If they do, it won't be a G. Compact cars today are getting bigger and bigger. Remember the E36 used to be like? I'd like something that size, rear wheel, and at least 200hp.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:06 AM
kysrsoze

Actually, my fiance has a TSX and it's a nice car. It drives better than you would imagine - excellent for FWD. I think it rides and handles better than my friend's TL. The only thing sort of weak is the 4-cyl, but got some good pickup on the highway. Some people don't care about huge excelleration (though I do). I'd take it over an A4 1.8T.

I'll give you the RSX and the TL being a failure, but there is most certainly a market for a competitor to the TSX, but I don't think it should be a G - should be a smaller car like the SCION TC or the A3, but have RWD. The BMW 1-Series will sell.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:09 PM
efeezy619

TSX and RSX confusion!

lol, the tsx is actually a takeover car for the rsx, the rsx isnt being offered anymore and the tsx which many people consider to be a kickass ride really is just that. It has 2 trim models, with navi or without, also of course stick and auto. What other company offers that kind of selection. lol
Old 03-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Mr_Ryte

The more I look at it, the more potential I see in a G25. The Lexus IS250(204 hp) and BMW 330i (230 hp) are doing quite well so I see no reason that Infiniti can at least test the market.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:26 PM
opus

I am more interested in a G35 without leather than a G25. If Infiniti needs to go down market, I say that's the way to go, not reducing the engine size.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:01 AM
EverythingG35
Former Sponsor

Infiniti already had a car to compete with the Integra/RSX. It was the G20. They stopped production after the 2002 model. I don't see them bringing a car like that back any time soon. Not with the way the market is going.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:02 AM
PR G35S

Another thing to consider...

NEW NISSAN SKYLINE HITS 1,000KM ON ONE TANK OF FUEL

- Skyline's V6 engine combines fuel efficiency with high-performance driving -

Nissan engineers set out to prove a point - that the new Skyline sedan could go 1,000 kilometers on one tank of fuel. The challenge - that this would be accomplished on real roads with unpredictable traffic and weather conditions and with different drivers. The so-called 'eco-driving challenge was conducted by a team of product development experts on the roads from Tochigi to Kanagawa. The 2.5-liter Skyline model driven was powered by the VQ25HR V6 engine, capable of generating 225 horsepower and 26.8kgm of torque.

The team succeeded in covering a impressive distance of 1,024.4 kilometers with an average fuel consumption rate of 16.3km-per-liter. The main objective of the eco-driving challenge was to promote greater awareness of Nissan's advanced fuel-economy technology as well as demonstrate the efficiency of the new VQ engine under real-world driving conditions.

The 1,000km drive took place on Friday, March 16, 2007, with a team of eight test-drivers under the Nissan Performance Innovation Task Team (PITT). The team started the drive from the test course at Nissan's Tochigi Plant at 3:30a.m. under pre-dawn skies. The Skyline drove through the Tohoku Expressway, Tomei Expressway, and Meishin Expressway with Kyoto as the turnaround point, and arrived safely at the finish line at the Nissan Technical Center in Atsugi at 8.54p.m., nearly 17.5 hours later on the same day.

The team experienced a variety of driving conditions including traffic jams from rush-hour congestion and construction-works, but the automatic fuel-warning alert never activated throughout the 1000km drive.

Introduced in November, 2006, the new Skyline delivers a unique fusion of high-performance, styling and comfort in an advanced sports sedan.

*The Nissan Technical Center (Okatsukoku, Atsugi-shi, Kanagawa Prefecture) is Nissan's primary center for research and development in product development and manufacturing technologies.

Found it on NASIOC.COM

William
Old 04-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Balzac72
G SQUAD

Originally Posted by Mr_Ryte
The more I look at it, the more potential I see in a G25. The Lexus IS250(204 hp) and BMW 330i (230 hp) are doing quite well so I see no reason that Infiniti can at least test the market.
Because a G35 is already price competitive to the lexus and bmw. Why sell a lesser car that will diminish the marque's prestige when you can trounce the competition with a better car at a similar price?

Personally, I'd rather see another entry level infiniti that's better on gas mileage, but not a G. Maybe a C. Price it starting at $27500 and top it out with all of the techie innovations at $34000. It gets people the technology they want with better gas mileage and maybe they don't need all of the car that comes in a G package.

But you'll really only compete with the TSX and that's like running a marathon against a quadropoligic. Why bother stepping down a rung in prestige to fight a non contender?
Old 04-03-2007, 11:51 PM
dijstiiv

im sorry..but...YOU SERIOUS!? no wayyyy... Balzac72 is right.. "Why sell a lesser car that will diminish the marque's prestige when you can trounce the competition with a better car at a similar price?
"
Old 04-03-2007, 11:51 PM
ttrank
TIMMAHH!!

If they made a G25 it better come with the RB25DET in it!
Old 04-04-2007, 12:01 AM
nghiars

Originally Posted by efeezy619
lol, the tsx is actually a takeover car for the rsx, the rsx isnt being offered anymore and the tsx which many people consider to be a kickass ride really is just that. It has 2 trim models, with navi or without, also of course stick and auto. What other company offers that kind of selection. lol

acura has a tsx coupe in concept if i remember right.. they're getting rid of the rsx because its not "luxurious" enough for their line anymore as acura said. They do have a kick for a 4 banger and responds to NA mods very well... I like both the TSX and RSX BUT both are girls cars in my mind, not to take anything away from them. the Navi's in the TSX's are very nice too.. touch screen...

TSX and Acura will not be Infiniti's competitors until they have RWD!! thats what Nissans for.. Fully loaded Inline 4 Altima is cheaper than the TSX.

Last edited by nghiars; 04-04-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:23 AM
clokwork
Premier Member

please dont release a 25 version or any lower model than what exist already. Infiniti, as stated, is going for prestige. Acura is the one, imo, behind the curve offering these 4 bangers in their luxury lineup n/a. It is meeting a certain market, so I guess calling it a mistake isnt right. I'm pretty confident that Infiniti wont be releasing any lesser version of any of the cars they have now nor will they release a less expensive car than the G. All my opinion of course.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:08 PM
bruddahmanmatt

It's not just about prestige, it's also about simple numbers. Look at how many gutless IS250s Lexus sells. BMW also moves a hell of a lot of 328is. A G25 with the 220hp 2.5L V6 from the JDM V36 Skyline 250GT would allow Infiniti to lower the base price of the G without having to decontent the vehicle. Believe me, there are a lot of folks who could care less about 306hp and would prefer a gussied up interior as those 306 horses are a "feature" they'll never use.

The same thing can be said about the I35. You and I all know it was a tarted up Maxima but its buyers could have cared less. I understand Infiniti wants to be seen as the "Japanese BMW" which is why they discontinued the I as its FWD layout was not in line with the image Nissan had in mind for its upscale brand. However, Lexus sells a s**tload of ES350s and honestly Infiniti could have another very hot seller on its hands with a new I35 if they executed it correctly. FWD or not, a car with the interior volume of an M for the price of a G is very attractive to many older folks who don't care about RWD or big power.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:27 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
It's not just about prestige, it's also about simple numbers. Look at how many gutless IS250s Lexus sells. BMW also moves a hell of a lot of 328is. A G25 with the 220hp 2.5L V6 from the JDM V36 Skyline 250GT would allow Infiniti to lower the base price of the G without having to decontent the vehicle. Believe me, there are a lot of folks who could care less about 306hp and would prefer a gussied up interior as those 306 horses are a "feature" they'll never use.

The same thing can be said about the I35. You and I all know it was a tarted up Maxima but its buyers could have cared less. I understand Infiniti wants to be seen as the "Japanese BMW" which is why they discontinued the I as its FWD layout was not in line with the image Nissan had in mind for its upscale brand. However, Lexus sells a s**tload of ES350s and honestly Infiniti could have another very hot seller on its hands with a new I35 if they executed it correctly. FWD or not, a car with the interior volume of an M for the price of a G is very attractive to many older folks who don't care about RWD or big power.
I agree ++++++

Quick Reply: G25