Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Review Denso First Time Fit Air Filters

Old 04-30-2018, 01:06 PM
defektion
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Denso First Time Fit Air Filters

I recently made an order through RockAuto and stocked up on air filters. Normally, I purchase Wix air filters because, for the price in comparison to stock OEM filters, the filters are the best bang for the dollar. With that said, I noticed RockAuto started carrying Denso air filters and so I decided to stock on these filters because they are a couple of dollars less.

Initial Reactions:

After taking it out of the packaging, this filter does not feel cheap. Even though it's "Made in China," the overall build quality feels better than the Wix filters, and Wix filters are already good filters. Anyways, I didn't go and count each of the folds of the paper media but putting the Wix and Denso filter side by side, they are indistinguishable. The second thing I noticed is the plastic surrounding the paper filter, it feels pretty good and seems like it provides some additional structural support.

Installation:

When I installed the filters, the filters fit securely into the filter holder and doesn't feel loose. When I went to clip the filter back into the air intake, it took some effort to secure the clips but not much, perhaps it's the plastic surrounding the filter adds additional thickness to the filter.

Conclusion:

At $5 USD a filter I'm going to purchase more of these filters in the future. The price point is right; the quality exceeds OEM and other premium brand filters. If run stock intakes like me, this filter is for you.

Old 04-30-2018, 05:17 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Where are the before-and-after dyno runs???

Just kidding! As a stock filter is good enough guy, I appreciate your review.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:28 PM
defektion
Registered Member

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Where are the before-and-after dyno runs???

Just kidding! As a stock filter is good enough guy, I appreciate your review.
My butt dyno says... my car makes more noise. Oh wait... that's just my worn suspension components...

lol.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:48 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
denso is a jdm company. the filter is made in china it says that? oem filters are cooler theyre red lol
Old 05-02-2018, 02:02 PM
defektion
Registered Member

Originally Posted by saywat?
denso is a jdm company. the filter is made in china it says that? oem filters are cooler theyre red lol
It's labeled on the box "Made in China." I had ordered aftermarket filters with red filter paper for less than an OEM filter.