Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Review Injen long tube cai

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 03:29 PM
canuck204

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Injen long tube cai

It first came down to short or long tubes first. Short are easy to install and service. Long tubes are more of a pain to install and service and cost a bit more BUT yield more gains. So It was then either Injen or Stillen. I found the injen for better price to that's what I settled on.

Install: I have had aftermarket intakes on every car/truck ive ever owned but never had long tubes. Install was not that pleasant. Took a good 10 hours to do it myself. I found instructions especially the black and white pics really hard to understand, plus was paranoid that I would do something wrong and hurt my new car. I put the instructions aside and with the help of old posts from this forum was able to pull it off.
One problem I had was when it came to putting the bumper back on aside from not having another set of hands the passenger fog light was hitting the new washer bottle. The intakes were installed and fit fine but there was no way the bumper was going on.
I had a choice either have fog lights or a washer tank. In the end I took a sawzle and had to do some trimming rendering the plastic lamp bracket no good. In the end the filters end up almost fight behind the fog lights so taking them out seemed like a good idea to get more air flow, I also put on the provided covers to prevent water from being sucked in. With it being winter now I put tape over the holes to prevent slush ect from getting in, also when its -30 a cai isn't needed.

Post install: Slightly better throttle response and looks really really good ( I went with the black tubes since my car is also black). Cant comment on hp numbers but with an axleback already and test pipes and tune this spring it should help. To clean the filters the bumper is going to have to come off. This is where the Stillen has the upper hand being located behind the grill. If I did it again id go stillen, but am very happy with Ingen.