Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Review Topspeed resonated axleback

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 03:08 PM
canuck204

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Topspeed resonated axleback

Based on years of reading reviews and watching youtube vids (even before I hador condisered owning a g37) I really liked the topspeed axleback. So when I got my coupe it was at the top of my list. First impressions were very good, build quality looked solid the customer service rep talked to prior to ordering seemed fairly out to lunch but with the price of the unit I decide to give it a shot.

Two months into it I was still very happy with it,sound was much deeper that factory and didn't sound like a 4cyl so that was also a big plus. Then I noticed rust developing around the tips...
Keep in mind the two months I had it on the car was during the summer months and i gave the car a solid inside outside detail at least once a week. I got down to look at the rest of the system and there was a massive amount of rust built up on the pipes especially the welds, I spent an hour trying to get it off but it wasn't happening. I emailed Topspeed letting them know that I was very happy with the product but was disappointed that after such a short period they were already starting to break down. I got a reply right away and was asked to send pics so I did.

I waited 2 weeks and didn't get a response so I called and spoke to the person who emailed me back. Again customer service wasn't ideal, the person I talked to said that was normal and not critical. I told him that I understand everything breaks down but after two months on the car this was not acceptable, and that if there rusting out so soon they wouldn't last a year especially in winter. He countered by saying (in a cocky tone) that he could see rust on the suspension on the car and it wasn't falling apart yet so whats my point. I said the problem needed to get resolved or I was going to write a negative review. His exact words were "go ahead" then hung up on me. If he wasn't 2000 miles away id fly down and **** kick the bastard!
The following users liked this post:
The Pope (12-31-2016)
Old 06-24-2018, 04:04 PM
Bizzenn
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well that sucks bro. I also have this axleback and have had it for about 8 months now with no problems. I do live in Florida so that may have something to do with not having a rust issue.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:07 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
It's surface rust. I noticed the same thing with my TS Y-back. Pick up some mag chrome and aluminum polish and just keep up with cleaning it.

I understand it's a bit of a wtf moment but for the price it's going to have its short comings. I'd rather have the surface rust issue vs. leaks or it sounding like a pissed weed eater.