Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Clutch Pedal sticks to ground ONLY when car is on

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2024, 12:22 AM
azosphere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch Pedal sticks to ground ONLY when car is on

TLDR: (Had clutch+Flywheel+aftermarket CSC installed roughly 5k miles ago) Had trouble with very tough shifting months leading up, Lost clutch pedal while driving, car will only start in neatrul, bled hydralic line from master cylinder(pitch black), regained clutch pedal, loose it everytime I turn the car on, comes back when car is turned off.

Alright so ive looked all over the forums and apologize if I missed one with the exact same problem. I cant seem to find the problem im having anywhere though and I cant make sense of it myself as an amature mechanic (worked a shop and went to mechanic school for one year) im a **** mechanic tbh, but nobody else around me seems to understand anyways. For context this is the second g37s I have owned, the first ones clutch started slipping and I repaired it, then later crashed that car (RIP). Now the second one I own, I bought it a couple months ago around july with 86k miles on it not knowing it needed any help. I drove it roughly 1-1.5k miles to my home no problem clutch and everything felt great. Drove it around no problem, but then I Started having problems and it was the consentric slave cylinder (CSC). I got the CSC replaced, and bought a replacement part for it off of Z1 motorsports, an upgraded aluminum one that looked like it was last. In hinesight I feel very stupid I should have just got the CSC removal kit to put it on the outside but it looked like more work and I didnt want to pay more labor hours for it to be installed. So I got that replaced and while the transmission was dropped I figured to put a new flywheel and clutch kit in aswell. I went to a mechanic for this. This was around 90k miles. A couple thousand miles later it started to get very difficult to put into gear off cold start, I would have to use my entire body weight pulling back just to get it into reverse from cold start. Same with all the gears but once it warmed up it seemed to be a bit better but would still be difficult from time to time driving, I couldnt notice a reoccuring theme from why it would act like this, but thought I could keep driving it will be fine and I didnt have time or money to take it back to mechanic and it seemed not too important to me. Flash back to 2 days ago I was driving and about 1 mile from my house I was shifting it very difficult to put into gear like normal but my clutch pedal went to the floor and stuck (it never stuck once before this other than before I got the clutch repaired and CSC). I couldnt get it into any gear and I was in neautrul, thankfully I could get out of the highway and make it to a parking lot. I figured maybe I can start it in 1st gear and just drive home off that, but no the car wont start in any gear, only neatrul. I got towed home and I thought maybe from forums the master cylinder needed to be bled. I bled the clutch line tonight and it was the dirtiest black fluid ive ever seen in my entire life. Anyways after a long time I finally got it all the way bled and the clutch felt great, came back up felt brand new. The fluid looked good too. But then when I turned the car on and tried to get it into gear it wouldnt budge, it trys to rev up almost like rev match when I try to put it into gear but wont go in, then the clutch pedal went back down to the floor. I checked the resovior and it seemed to have gone down very tiny amount, but I lost all pressure to the clutch pedal again. I turned the car off to check some stuff and when I would put the pedal up and down again it would regain its good feel, even if I put the car in any gear when its off and do that it still feels good, but as soon as I turn the car on it turns to mush again. Seems like there is a miniscule leak aswell but I checked the lines and couldnt find anything. Could the lines allow air in when its started and make the pedal feel bad again? Im not sure what to do as dropping the transmission is so much money, and maybe it is just a leak from the hydraulic fluid line that I didnt see, as I spilled some so I might have not been able to see the difference. Even with the small leak the level was much above the minimum line. I had my friend even turn on the car while I was under it and press and depress it a ton of times but I couldnt find the leak. I dont know what to do and Ive never heard of this problem before. Please ask me any questions to help your understanding because maybe I left some details out and I want answers.