Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Syvecs AWD/4WD Controller

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2022, 02:05 PM
Superman_G37S
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Syvecs AWD/4WD Controller

So Syvecs released an AWD/4WD controller for the Q60 platform(VR30). MY question is, since the ATTESSA AWD system remains unchanged from the G37 (VQ37) line to the Q60(VR30), would this work for the G37X? Has anyone tried this on either? I'd love to know, would be a long time coming to be able to control the AWD input to a degree on the G37X much like the Skyline.
Check it out:

https://www.syvecs.com/product/awd-4...-infiniti-q60/
Old 09-19-2022, 06:13 PM
14Q60awdSPORT
Registered Member

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Very interested as well.
I know lots of guys on the Q50 forum dropped a lot off their 0-60 / 60ft with this.
Although they all have FBO/tune making 480wtq+ and good power off the line with launch control.
A little more niche I think on this platform.
Old 09-19-2022, 08:56 PM
Superman_G37S
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 14Q60awdSPORT
Very interested as well.
I know lots of guys on the Q50 forum dropped a lot off their 0-60 / 60ft with this.
Although they all have FBO/tune making 480wtq+ and good power off the line with launch control.
A little more niche I think on this platform.
No doubt, I always had traction issues in my G37S 6MT now I'm in a G37X 7AT sedan build. I'm looking to go A2A supercharger, higher stall torque converter and upgraded trans(or VR30 trans swap). On that setup I could get a decent launch closer to what the VR guys are getting. Current stall limited to just under 2K rpms, once we bring that up it's a matter of traction, but supercharger boost is progressive regardless.
Old 09-19-2022, 09:14 PM
14Q60awdSPORT
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Superman_G37S
No doubt, I always had traction issues in my G37S 6MT now I'm in a G37X 7AT sedan build. I'm looking to go A2A supercharger, higher stall torque converter and upgraded trans(or VR30 trans swap). On that setup I could get a decent launch closer to what the VR guys are getting. Current stall limited to just under 2K rpms, once we bring that up it's a matter of traction, but supercharger boost is progressive regardless.
I have a high stall IPT TC 2.5-2.6k is what I can brake stall to, tuner also just recently gave me launch control which is awesome. I got VR30 trans swap with IPT valve body and IPT high stall converter, with topgunz rotrex A2A supercharger on E40 pushing 13psi and healthy timing. Probably a solid 540whp. She gets up and going pretty quickly now, haven’t actually launched with the IPT converter, launch control with full nannies off, always left them on. But I don’t feel like or see traction control flashing. The AWD can hook pretty well and the A2A SC does need to rev a little to get some torque going which will help traction.

I would probably still install this though just to see. Maybe in less then ideal conditions it would be handy, really want an LSD at some point though.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:36 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 721 Likes on 561 Posts
I have a high stall IPT TC 2.5-2.6k is what I can brake stall to, tuner also just recently gave me launch control which is awesome. I got VR30 trans swap with IPT valve body and IPT high stall converter, with topgunz rotrex A2A supercharger on E40 pushing 13psi and healthy timing. Probably a solid 540whp. She gets up and going pretty quickly now, haven’t actually launched with the IPT converter, launch control with full nannies off, always left them on. But I don’t feel like or see traction control flashing. The AWD can hook pretty well and the A2A SC does need to rev a little to get some torque going which will help traction.

I would probably still install this though just to see. Maybe in less then ideal conditions it would be handy, really want an LSD at some point though.
I learned that the V36 uses a E-VLSD type of effect on Open Diffs by using the ABS to equalize wheel speed. I know this is to be the case on RWD but I wonder if this is the case on AWD.
I also wonder for the LSD equipped AWD Nissans if ALL of the Slip parameters are handled via the differentials.

Wouldn't a proper working E-LSD system on a AWD system defeat the purposes of the a LSD in a way if it was abled to be controlable? (Possible how the syvecs works)
Old 09-20-2022, 12:52 PM
Superman_G37S
Registered Member

Nice! Yea your 0-60 must be pretty good then, similar setup I'm looking for. If you can get closer to a 50/50 power distribution in some circumstances that'd be sweet. Even running radials in the rear with a bias more toward RWD on the system like the R35 GTRs

Originally Posted by BULL
I learned that the V36 uses a E-VLSD type of effect on Open Diffs by using the ABS to equalize wheel speed. I know this is to be the case on RWD but I wonder if this is the case on AWD.
I also wonder for the LSD equipped AWD Nissans if ALL of the Slip parameters are handled via the differentials.

Wouldn't a proper working E-LSD system on a AWD system defeat the purposes of the a LSD in a way if it was abled to be controlable? (Possible how the syvecs works)
If I recall correctly I believe that is the case on the ATTESSA system since the ABS plays part in traction control with individual braking to any slipping wheel at any given time. On syvecs site they list the parameters for the AWD Q60

"The Q60 version of the controller replicates all the OEM CAN information as well as pick up lots of variable from the OEM Can to link into the control strategies like Steering Angle, Brake Pressure, Rpm, Tps, Lateral G, Yaw, Long G, Speeds, Temperatures and mode switchesThe Sport Mode Buttons on the Q60 is used for Map switching so allows users to be able to change between Awd Select 1, 2 and 3 which means all the maps below can be adjusted. You can also enable the burnout mode to be active when Snow mode is active, Hazards are on or if handbrake is present.

Syvecs also sell an optional loom to allow external Burnout switches to be mounted and Live adjustment potentiometers which gives drivers the ability to adjust the AWD Duty on the move or go 2wd from the flick of a switch."

The following users liked this post:
14Q60awdSPORT (09-21-2022)
Old 09-20-2022, 02:02 PM
14Q60awdSPORT
Registered Member

I am not sure the specifics of the V36 platform, I though RWD sport just had a VLSD. what specifics trim/model/configuration of V36 has what, is somewhat confusing.
I know for the V37 platform they use "VDC (vehicle dynamic control) which brakes the faster spinning wheel, this helps regain traction in a sticky situation, but it is not an LSD in any way. Braking a wheel to balance traction is counter productive and wears the brakes faster."

Assuming the V37 and V36 share the same form of "E-LSD" on certain configurations, then utilizing a real LSD is a proactive solution to slip vs the E-LSD is reactive, and reactive by braking is also counter productive.
It would be better to prevent the slip in the first place and not by using the brakes.
LSD control right to left distribution
Syvecs controls rear to front distribution.

On V37 platform people with FBO/Tune/LC have dropped 4/10th off 0-60 adding in the Syvecs but I see some people get similar results by swapping to a real LSD in the rear.
They seem like they would be similarly beneficial from a dig, but I would suspect the LSD would have more benefits for general driving / tracking / back road type uses.
Old 09-20-2022, 02:05 PM
14Q60awdSPORT
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Superman_G37S
Nice! Yea your 0-60 must be pretty good then, similar setup I'm looking for. If you can get closer to a 50/50 power distribution in some circumstances that'd be sweet. Even running radials in the rear with a bias more toward RWD on the system like the R35 GTRs

If I recall correctly I believe that is the case on the ATTESSA system since the ABS plays part in traction control with individual braking to any slipping wheel at any given time. On syvecs site they list the parameters for the AWD Q60

"The Q60 version of the controller replicates all the OEM CAN information as well as pick up lots of variable from the OEM Can to link into the control strategies like Steering Angle, Brake Pressure, Rpm, Tps, Lateral G, Yaw, Long G, Speeds, Temperatures and mode switchesThe Sport Mode Buttons on the Q60 is used for Map switching so allows users to be able to change between Awd Select 1, 2 and 3 which means all the maps below can be adjusted. You can also enable the burnout mode to be active when Snow mode is active, Hazards are on or if handbrake is present.

Syvecs also sell an optional loom to allow external Burnout switches to be mounted and Live adjustment potentiometers which gives drivers the ability to adjust the AWD Duty on the move or go 2wd from the flick of a switch."
The power delivery of a centrifugal SC makes getting off the line always a challenge especially with an auto, but it does get going pretty good with my setup now.
One of these days when I have time and not too lazy Ill try to get a 60ft, and 0-60 on my dragy, My G is not my daily anymore so it rarely is driven so don't hold your breath.

Last edited by 14Q60awdSPORT; 09-20-2022 at 04:13 PM.
Superman_G37S (09-20-2022)
Old 09-20-2022, 04:08 PM
BULL
Moderador

I suspect this will work on the V36 as well. Since the VDC for the v37 seems to work the same as the v36.

My suspicion of why the mechanical LSD will provide similar results as E vlsd is by not breaking the spinning wheel and or cutting throttle off.

Sport trim V36 came with two LSD trims 7at/MT 3.3 and 3.69 both have mechanical LSD plus VDC.

The only thing I can think that will give some problems is CAN language not being the same which can be programmed

Ideally the Syvecs unit would be the way to go since is the least time consuming install that can provide at least similar results, at most an almost full programmable AWD controller
The following 2 users liked this post by BULL:
14Q60awdSPORT (09-20-2022), Superman_G37S (09-20-2022)
Old 09-20-2022, 04:19 PM
14Q60awdSPORT
Registered Member

I suspect this will work on the V36 as well. Since the VDC for the v37 seems to work the same as the v36.

My suspicion of why the mechanical LSD will provide similar results as E vlsd is by not breaking the spinning wheel and or cutting throttle off.

Sport trim V36 came with two LSD trims 7at/MT 3.3 and 3.69 both have mechanical LSD plus VDC.

The only thing I can think that will give some problems is CAN language not being the same which can be programmed

Ideally the Syvecs unit would be the way to go since is the least time consuming install that can provide at least similar results, at most an almost full programmable AWD controller
I am still not a fan of using the brakes as an lsd.

but if the syvecs can work. I would definitely be getting it, the cost to benefit ratio is for sure a great buy. LSD does get pricy quick.

Not sure I am trying to spear head and be the test mule though. I’d group buy if that helps, or I’ll buy if we have confirmation it works. But Been dropping way too much $$ on this build this last year, gotta catch back up on finances.
Old 09-21-2022, 12:08 PM
Superman_G37S
Registered Member

I am still not a fan of using the brakes as an lsd.

but if the syvecs can work. I would definitely be getting it, the cost to benefit ratio is for sure a great buy. LSD does get pricy quick.

Not sure I am trying to spear head and be the test mule though. I’d group buy if that helps, or I’ll buy if we have confirmation it works. But Been dropping way too much $$ on this build this last year, gotta catch back up on finances.
Completely understandable! Just replaced the roof on the house among other things...$$$..I'm sure eventually someone will take the dive and try it. I'm not boosted yet but once I am I want to give it a go. Don't mind pioneering, when I had my 08 G37S 6MT I was the guinea pig for uprev in developing first launch control features(ARC). Although now I'm ECUtek on my X 7AT sedan and like I it much more than uprev.

14Q60awdSPORT (09-21-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 01:44 PM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 271 Posts
Interesting idea...

I compared the G37 AWD controller connector to a 2018 Q50, and they are the same, pin for pin.
BUT the solenoid voltage is higher on the Q50 (3.1v) than the G37 (2.5) at a steady state 3000 RPM.

This implies a different duty cycle and amount of AWD lock up is used.
I suspect that may overheat the G37's AWD solenoid, but that is just a guess.
The following 2 users liked this post by SonicVQ:
14Q60awdSPORT (09-21-2022), Superman_G37S (09-22-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 03:08 PM
BULL
Moderador

Originally Posted by SonicVQ
Interesting idea...

I compared the G37 AWD controller connector to a 2018 Q50, and they are the same, pin for pin.
BUT the solenoid voltage is higher on the Q50 (3.1v) than the G37 (2.5) at a steady state 3000 RPM.

This implies a different duty cycle and amount of AWD lock up is used.
I suspect that may overheat the G37's AWD solenoid, but that is just a guess.
I suspected the wiring aspect of it and even part would be the same.
The million dollar question would be if the Q50 seeing a higher voltage in this area due to learned experience from earlier years (AKA G37X) or just because everything is completely different?
I mean the VR swap uses the G37 TCM which gets the idea closer to reality

I messaged Syvecs, lets see.
The following 2 users liked this post by BULL:
14Q60awdSPORT (09-21-2022), Superman_G37S (09-22-2022)
Old 01-28-2024, 04:34 PM
gtr.casey

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I know I’m bumping an old thread but figured I would respond for others wondering the same thing.

I recently installed a G35X transfer case on my R32 GTR w/BMW DCT. I used the “generic” Syvecs AWD controller to control the transfer case. It was crazy simple, just need to tie into a couple of wires to control half bridge signal for duty and then integrate CAN signal for TPS/PPS/RPM/speed.

I made a basic map that is based on TPS and vehicle speed, then multiplying the duty on high boost levels. Works incredibly well even with that basic setup.

Shouldnt be too hard for G35x/G37x people to retrofit this.
The following 3 users liked this post by gtr.casey:
BULL (01-30-2024), digital.aaron (02-05-2024), Superman_G37S (02-05-2024)
Old 02-05-2024, 07:18 PM
Superman_G37S
Registered Member

Originally Posted by gtr.casey
I know I’m bumping an old thread but figured I would respond for others wondering the same thing.

I recently installed a G35X transfer case on my R32 GTR w/BMW DCT. I used the “generic” Syvecs AWD controller to control the transfer case. It was crazy simple, just need to tie into a couple of wires to control half bridge signal for duty and then integrate CAN signal for TPS/PPS/RPM/speed.

I made a basic map that is based on TPS and vehicle speed, then multiplying the duty on high boost levels. Works incredibly well even with that basic setup.

Shouldnt be too hard for G35x/G37x people to retrofit this.

Nice!

Hate to burst your bubble gents but I jumped ship, sold my G37X sedan and got a 2019 Luxe Q50 AWD. Platform remains the same however and syvecs specifies this kit on the Q50 which as mentioned is the same exact ATTESSA-ETS system. I must say ECUtek racebox 93 Tune with AMS downpipes, drop in intakes and PLM heat exchanger....well my G isn't touching this car LOL. Wife wouldn't let me keep both toys with the newborn..

Quick Reply: Syvecs AWD/4WD Controller