Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Looking for info on cast intake options and opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 06:23 PM
HaveABeer
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looking for info on cast intake options and opinions

I currently have a twin turbo build in the works. As of right now im aiming for about 800-850 WHP (yes i know stock is fine for now). I KNOW in the future im going to want to start putting more power to this and I'd like to start planning on upgrade parts. Im curious as to what my options are for cast intake manifolds. As of right now im aware of AAM, CJM, rjm's GTR conversion, and the discontinued gtm manifolds. Are there any options and does anyone have any first hand experience with any of them. I'll be running AAM stage 2 efrs.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:26 PM
Byrdman
Don’t Buy From GTM/Gamma

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Any of the options u listed will do just fine. My personal opinion is to not buy anything associated with GTM/Gamma. I hope you have deep pockets, goin for those power levels isn’t goin to be cheap.

If you get the RJM conversion you can place w/e GTR ones are available. Even the 7k sexy as hell carbon fiber one from AMS.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:42 PM
HaveABeer
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was just curious if any is better than the other. Deep pockets me have. **** im about $16k so far and still need fuel system, rjm closed deck block and head work(looking into larger head studs or gtr bolt conversion) probably within the month. Rjm says run the gtr conversion with greddy intake which will run about $4k not counting aditional parts like injectors and fuel rails, aam says run theirs which seems to be the cheapest route and probably the most simple, cjm takes modifications and costs $1k more than aam with a few months fab time and is gorgeous. Gtm is pretty much out, but thought i would include as an option. Just wanted to hear from anyone that has run any of these and what their opinions are. Is there any one that will flow better, run better on our engines, higher efficiency and or hp potential. Minimum $2k investment for a manifold makes me want to hear fron other people before i get a wicked *** kicking case of buyers remorse.
-Paul