Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

2011 G37x jerky acceleration/miss. No codes

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 11:12 AM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
I'm leaning towards a faulty air/fuel sensor for bank 2. Good luck and report back with your findings after installing the MAF.

The ECU relies on the A/F sensor when running in closed loop. Your code for p1168 states there is a issue with the closed loop control function for bank 2.

You can easily rule out the MAF by simply swapping it to the opposite side. See what code you get next. Your current codes for the A/F sensor are both for BANK 2. After swapping the MAFs to opposite sides if you still get bank 2 codes than the issue is not the MAF sensor. You can rule them out.
Old 09-25-2021, 12:08 AM
Inertiaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update? having similar issues
Old 09-25-2021, 01:08 PM
DSummers99
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Inertiaz
Update? having similar issues
to be honest I had given up on this problem as I couldn’t find what the problem was, I had replaced spark plugs, coils, maf sensors, both upstream O2’s, there’s probably more I’m forgetting as this was not all at once I just did what I could when I had the money and time. More Recently my valve cover gaskets had started leaking so I went to change those, and while I was in there I decided I’d also change the fuel dampers attached to the fuel rail as well as the main fuel damper since I had to disconnect the fuel line anyways. Well long story short I broke one of my fuel injectors while removing the fuel rail, so I bought 6 refurbished/cleaned denso fuel injectors off eBay for like $110, I had to drive my wife’s car while I waited for them to arrive and when they did I installed them and to my surprise the missing under light acceleration that I described in the first post had disappeared! I had thought it was just an issue I was going to have to deal with because I couldn’t find what the problem was, and to be honest I don’t fully understand why the new fuel injectors fixed it, I would think dirty fuel injectors would cause a problem at full acceleration not light acceleration. Now it could of also been something with the fuel dampers I’m not sure like I said I don’t know why it fixed it but everything I did that time was valve cover gaskets and spark plug tube gaskets, all 3 fuel dampers, new upper intake plenum gasket, and new throttle body gaskets. Before I did all this I would get misses that occurred during light acceleration, not many according to my obd2 scanner and most of them occurred on bank 2 for some reason. Since doing the repairs I mentioned I get 0 misfires on any cylinder according to the obd2 scanner as well as no more jerking under light acceleration, and it has remained that way for months so it’s finally fixed. I wish I could tell you exactly what fixed it for me but my best guess is that it was the fuel injectors. Hope this helps you at least a little