Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Checking Coolant level.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 02:18 AM
Bossman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Checking Coolant level.

Does anyone know how to check the coolant level in the G37 coupe? I was told to look at the reservoir, and coolant is there between max and min. I drove the car a lot today, and let it cool off for like 5-6 hours, and the reservoir level went up a lil past max, and when I opened the cap on the block I seen no coolant.
I started the car with the cap open, and I seen the coolant rise up. I already got the car pressure tested, and bled using the little bleed hose in the back before and when I would check the level on the block is was fine for a couple days, but now I don't see any coolant or little coolant in the block when I checked in the morning I droved the car anyways and it was fine only because the reservoir wasn't low. I don't know how these cars work (only had the car for 3 months and has been dealing with this) thats why I'm on here because I don't want to ruin my car. No overheating issues either. All I know is previous owner replaced radiator and thermostat.

Sorry if I'm not making any sense.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:02 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
the owners manual tells u
The following users liked this post:
telcoman (10-14-2017)
Old 10-14-2017, 08:50 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Coolant level will adjust in the reservoir tank but should remain full at the radiator. I keep mine right in the middle between Min & Max at the reservoir when cold, and it's always stayed at that level (and the radiator is always full).

Might be a problem w/ your radiator cap (hopefully).
Old 10-14-2017, 08:25 PM
Bossman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Coolant level will adjust in the reservoir tank but should remain full at the radiator. I keep mine right in the middle between Min & Max at the reservoir when cold, and it's always stayed at that level (and the radiator is always full).

Might be a problem w/ your radiator cap (hopefully).
I changed my cap maybe two month ago but Maybe it's defective I would hope since the shop said I'm not leaking after the pressure test.

​​​​​