Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

2010 g37 crank pulley removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Skoz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 g37 crank pulley removal

Is the crank pulley bolt left or right hand threaded?
Old 08-06-2017, 02:24 AM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
i've never ever ever seen a left handed crank pulley bolt. not saying one may not exist some where or on some vehicle or equipment in some place. but, please enlighten everyone on how you came to this deduction or possibility that a g37 comes with left handed crank pulley threads.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:14 PM
The Pope
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by crookncastle
i've never ever ever seen a left handed crank pulley bolt. not saying one may not exist some where or on some vehicle or equipment in some place. but, please enlighten everyone on how you came to this deduction or possibility that a g37 comes with left handed crank pulley threads.
The OP doesn't know and was just asking a simple question. If you don't know the answer to the OP's questions, why even respond? Also, flaming them is more wrong than the question they asked.

There are several applications where left hand threads are and have been used in the automotive industry over the years, but I don't know of any on the G37, but I can be mistaken.

Hopefully someone who actually knows will respond.
The following users liked this post:
slartibartfast (08-06-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 03:43 PM
Selym
Registered Member

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
The crankshaft rotates clockwise, so the crank pulley bolt should be a normal, right-hand thread. Otherwise, it would tend to loosen on its own.

Ever install pedals on a bicycle? The right side pedal has right-hand threads, and the left side pedal has left-hand threads. That way, the pedaling motion tends to tighten rather than loosen.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:42 AM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by The Pope
The OP doesn't know and was just asking a simple question. If you don't know the answer to the OP's questions, why even respond? Also, flaming them is more wrong than the question they asked.

There are several applications where left hand threads are and have been used in the automotive industry over the years, but I don't know of any on the G37, but I can be mistaken.

Hopefully someone who actually knows will respond.
to start i did provide the answer to the question. i stated clearly i have never ever ever seen left hand crank pulley bolt. maybe i needed to be more specific and identify the g37 and indicate a vq motor for sedans and coupes with both rwd and awd.
if you lack reading comprehension or cognitive reading skills perhaps you would like to enlighten me or others here on the theory of why you may or may not speculate the crank pulley bolt is left hand threaded. i can't help it if you got your panties wound up tight and think its flaming. perhaps a lil coddling or a ribbon to boost your self esteem a notch would help you from feeling this way.
btw i am well aware that left hand thread is used in the automotive industry more so in the medium to heavy truck part of the industry. in addition left hand thread bolts or fastening nuts have a "L" stamped on the part to indicate left hand thread.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:49 AM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Here's a video you can watch to help you remove the crank pully bolt: