Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

7 speed at shutter at high way speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 07:48 PM
tdoug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7 speed at shutter at high way speed

I have an 2010 g37x and have a slight shutter in the transmission. Car has 110k. This only occurs when I am doing about 80mph let off the gas and apply slight pressure to the pedal. It then cruises but has a slight shudder. If I press harder on the gas (not floor it) or let off all the way it goes away. It only occurs under slight pressure. Any ideas? Already have new plugs, new differential fluids, and new transfer case fluids. About to do the transmission fluid in the upcoming weekends.
thanks for the help!
Old 01-07-2017, 08:45 PM
Silver37
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tdoug
I have an 2010 g37x and have a slight shutter in the transmission. Car has 110k. This only occurs when I am doing about 80mph let off the gas and apply slight pressure to the pedal. It then cruises but has a slight shudder. If I press harder on the gas (not floor it) or let off all the way it goes away. It only occurs under slight pressure. Any ideas? Already have new plugs, new differential fluids, and new transfer case fluids. About to do the transmission fluid in the upcoming weekends.
thanks for the help!
If so, it may be a universal joint starting to go. If that's the case, it normally happens in harmonics, so you will see it at 40 mph and then again at 80.