Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Clutch pedal has resistance coming back up

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 01:02 PM
BloodyMyers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch pedal has resistance coming back up

If I'm not moving and just depress the clutch completely and quickly release it, it tends to stop for a second about 2/3 of way before full release and when driving its fine unless you quickly release the clutch then it stays engaged and you Rev until you either pull it up or depress it again. Why is this?
​​​I'm not a complete idiot but this is also my first manual car that I've ever owned (not driven but owned) so I'm not very experienced with issues with them. Thank you for your time.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:10 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Clutch slave cylinder is going out or you might have air in the system. The CSC is a very common weak point for these cars. If you decide to replace it, go this route or it'll just happen again later.

https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pro...it-p-7340.html
Old 12-23-2016, 04:07 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
Where are you located? Does it do this after driving the car for a while/car fully warmed up? I can see this happening when the car is cold. Should not be happening if fully warmed up.

Check your clutch master fluid level/color. How long ago was it flushed?
Old 12-23-2016, 10:15 PM
BloodyMyers

I should have mentioned I just bought the car not a little over a month ago. I live in Ohio so it's cold some days coldest being like 10 degrees F. But it does seem to do it when it's warmed up as well. Like for instance I just got off work and I have a remote start it's a bit chilly out and I had the car warmed up so when leaving work I did accelerated kinda quick at the light and when I shifted into second the car just stayed at 5k rpms for a few seconds so I shifted into third and no problems but of course at the next light I got that horrid stench of failure/burnt clutch. As far as the fluid color I'm not sure I'd have to check it in the morning but merry Christmas and thanks again for the information.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:56 AM
BloodyMyers

Moisture question

Call it rice, say I ruined the car, whatever I've heard it all I did this because I personally like it and it's my car. But I recently installed a spoiler to my 2008 g37 coupe and I was worried about the mounts getting water inside my truck and ruining the trunk/trunk liner. I decided to inspect it today and noticed a pretty good amount of ice and water now seeing as how there's water droplets everywhere under the liner is there a way to prevent this or does this always happen? I'm worried about it ruining the liner and its for sure not the mounts leaking in I checked throughly and used rubber washers when installing it as well.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:24 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
I'm confused, what's moisture in the trunk have to do with the clutch?

Periods make your text easier to read.

Proper installs prevent leaks...

Last edited by JSolo; 01-06-2017 at 04:41 PM.