Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Backfiring under hard acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 03:20 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by AuthorizedUser

This has been going on for months.
You could have found out almost immediately by a trip to your local Infiniti dealer

I'm still not seeing any "test results" data in Torque. Is this only in the pro version?
You cannot duplicate the Consult lll software that the dealers use to check every system in the vehicles. Go spend the one hour diagnostic charge at the dealer and stop guessing and wasting time and money.

With the age of the vehicle it could be your catalytic convertors, O2 sensors, vacuum hose leak, and perhaps other root causes?

Have you at least read the FSM and followed the troubleshooting steps?

Just sayin

My $.02

Telcoman
Old 01-30-2017, 09:45 AM
AuthorizedUser
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took to dealer this morning. Couldn't reproduce for the mechanic. Due to that and due to lack of SES light, he said there really isn't anything to go off of. He recommended I wait until I get an SES light, then I can bring it back.

If I do get an SES light, we're not into specialized dealer equipment anymore, so I might as well fix myself or use a local mechanic.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:39 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts

If I do get an SES light, we're not into specialized dealer equipment anymore, so I might as well fix myself or use a local mechanic.
What do you mean by "We're not into specialized dealer equipment anymore" ?
Old 01-30-2017, 03:41 PM
AuthorizedUser
Registered Member

Originally Posted by qmantran
What do you mean by "We're not into specialized dealer equipment anymore" ?
Sorry, meant that if the SES light gives clear indication of fault, I may be able to narrow things down so that I can just throw parts at it. This may not require specialized dealer equipment.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:51 PM
AuthorizedUser
Registered Member

Thank you to everyone who helped with this. Here I am two years later with no resolution.

Because of no SES light and no other symptoms, I think this is actually an exhaust leak. I've started a new thread at https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...e-misfire.html.