Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Uprev question

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 06:02 PM
Scott B.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Uprev question

I am looking to get an Uprev tune done and need some info. Silly question,,, Is a road tune as good as a Dyno tune or is buddy just milking me? The place I called says he will do a road tune no need for a Dyno tune with my mods.... Thanks...
Old 06-13-2015, 10:16 AM
seymore4
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Since you have an X there are very few places that CAN dyno tune it (not many Uprev protuners have an AWD dyno), but if you're getting a street tune I would highly recommend you go with the Osiris standard package... $550 and you get the reflash cable as well so you can datalog, check and clear codes, reflash updates on your own, as well as reflash back to stock and sell it used later on.

Lots of shops will try and street tune you for the dyno tune price... not such a good deal for you
Old 06-13-2015, 10:47 AM
Scott B.

Thanks for the reply bro... There are a couple AWD Dyno's around my area. This guy has AWD capability but wants to do a street tune instead. that just makes me think he is looking to take the easy way out,make a quick buck and leave me with a crappy tune? This is why I am asking...is a street tune just as good as a Dyno tune with my average mods??
Old 06-13-2015, 10:49 AM
seymore4
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Scott B.
Thanks for the reply bro... There are a couple AWD Dyno's around my area. This guy has AWD capability but wants to do a street tune instead. that just makes me think he is looking to take the easy way out,make a quick buck and leave me with a crappy tune? This is why I am asking...is a street tune just as good as a Dyno tune with my average mods??
If he's trying to do a street tune for the dyno tune price then yes he is trying to make some money off you.. You can tune it on the street but it should be cheaper. In your instance Osiris standard with the reflash cable is a much better deal. I sent you a PM..
Old 06-13-2015, 10:50 AM
enronforme

Originally Posted by seymore4
Since you have an X there are very few places that CAN dyno tune it (not many Uprev protuners have an AWD dyno), but if you're getting a street tune I would highly recommend you go with the Osiris standard package... $550 and you get the reflash cable as well so you can datalog, check and clear codes, reflash updates on your own, as well as reflash back to stock and sell it used later on.

Lots of shops will try and street tune you for the dyno tune price... not such a good deal for you

Listen to Joe- he knows what he's talking about! He definitely helped me a year ago
The following 2 users liked this post by enronforme:
Scott B. (06-13-2015), seymore4 (06-14-2015)
Old 06-13-2015, 06:01 PM
Scott B.

Yes..,he sounds like he knows his stuff for sure !!!
Old 06-15-2015, 08:48 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Plus for listen to Joe ( Seymore) great guy, ! BTW I'm selling my UPREV .
Old 06-15-2015, 09:54 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 257 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Plus for listen to Joe ( Seymore) great guy, ! BTW I'm selling my UPREV .
How simple/difficult is it to learn to operate an Uprev if you've never messed around on one before? Are the directions fairly straightforward or is there some internet research involved in getting to know the system format?

Thx
Old 06-15-2015, 11:04 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Redfire32
How simple/difficult is it to learn to operate an Uprev if you've never messed around on one before? Are the directions fairly straightforward or is there some internet research involved in getting to know the system format?

Thx
To use it , Flashed tunes ,log runs is VERY easy . I messed with a lot , even found out that I could shut the tire light off So swapping rims and tires you wouldnt have to get TMPS's. You can just shut the light off.

I could even walk you thought things you need help with .
Old 06-15-2015, 11:52 AM
Flakman
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts
Been reading a lot about UPREV lately. The $550 package looks great especially since I have the AWD too. I think that unless you're doing a dyno tune, there's really no reason to have a shop do it. Everything is pretty straight forward and UPREV supports their product well. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:48 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
To use it , Flashed tunes ,log runs is VERY easy . I messed with a lot , even found out that I could shut the tire light off So swapping rims and tires you wouldnt have to get TMPS's. You can just shut the light off.

I could even walk you thought things you need help with .
Well a tune is almost certainly the next thing on my list. Ever since I completed my power mods I feel the car pulling harder...but even tho it's faster and harder I can feel it wanting to get the air out or in much quicker. It almost feels like I'm running the car at 80% instead of 100%. I can't wait to get this solved because it's racecar!!

I'll put some serious thought into your Uprev. I guess what I'm needing to hear is this is something your familiar with handling. Is it?
Old 06-19-2015, 08:47 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

The UPREV is very "user" friendly for sure, I would also use Joe and go the Etune route. The car will be 100% safe and he's great to work with. I was very happy.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:37 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

What's the diff between the Orisis package and the Uprev? I'm a RWD so would all the above advice still apply to me? Or should I consider a dyno tune from a pro?

Honestly the thought of controlling everything, being able to clear codes, and changing atiff up sounds fun as hell. I just wanna make sure I get my car to 95% at least tho. How easy/difficult is it to track your rides output on the programs that you guys mentioned?
Old 06-19-2015, 11:02 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Orisis package is just that the package therse 2, Standard allows you to flash tunes and data log( One I had) The Tuner package allows you to tune the car, Something we don't need unless your tuning it yourself. If you looking to go Etunes( Works REALLY Well) or just take it to a place and just pay for the tune then you'll need the Orisis package,
Old 06-19-2015, 11:09 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Thanks. What website or vendor did you purchase yours from?

Quick Reply: Uprev question