Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Performance Mods!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 10:45 PM
dtea54

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
That's exactly what I say to myself everytime I drive my car.
X2 just order art pipes and a cusco strut bar for now on the fence of ordering swaybars + endlinks and 2 other small things get a dyno soon bro.
The following users liked this post:
bos3ayd (12-14-2014)
Old 10-28-2014, 12:43 AM
PongSanity

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts
What's everyone thoughts on bigger throttle bodies? Following closely to Synolimit thread but this is not a popular mod. Want to get more looks on it since we on a thread about performance Mods....
bos3ayd (12-14-2014)
Old 10-28-2014, 04:48 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by PongSanity
What's everyone thoughts on bigger throttle bodies? Following closely to Synolimit thread but this is not a popular mod. Want to get more looks on it since we on a thread about performance Mods....
Im still not sure I want to try that for now.

That's something a bit too extreme for me, at least for now. Maybe I will try that when I'm looking to squeeze out the last bits on N/A power.

Besides the full exhaust (headers, pipes or cats, catback), intake, pulleys, intake manifold, and tune, there are not much more bolt on mods.

Maybe OP should look into lightweight wheels and better tires, before trying other mods that might be too extreme for a daily driven car.

Also, the 4.08 gear swap with a quaife differential might be a good mod, and I'm not sure if there is a driveshaft upgrade available for the g37.
bos3ayd (10-29-2014)
Old 10-29-2014, 01:51 AM
TreyG777

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what is the difference/gains with getting the m37 intake manifold?
Old 10-29-2014, 08:26 AM
bos3ayd

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dtea54
If you dont mind droping a couple more bills.i would like to chime in. Either fast intentions long tube headers which would minus the ark hfc and ur stock headers. Or you can get the z1 headers with either 350z/g35 test pipes or art pipes. And do the following m370 intake or z1 then get a tune. If you dont mind getting an underdrive pulley to gain a bit of top end. You could also consider upgrading and adding some cooling products to help the engine reduce heat. Cross the pulley off the list since you have it already. If your not planning on going with headers at all then go with the art pipes to pair it up with the m370 manifold. Also i could be wrong but dosent the ark hfc only work with 6mts ? Unless your car is a 6mt or im assuiming its a 7at. So you can scratch that whhole header part to. I would definetly go with art pipes if you want the most gains.
I've already installed Stillen short headers.

and I have an ARK exhaust and not HFCs.

My car is 08 therefore its a 5 transmission auto.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:33 AM
bos3ayd

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TreyG777
what is the difference/gains with getting the m37 intake manifold?
its very good I can feel the difference, will post the results once I get dyno tune
Old 10-29-2014, 04:01 PM
dtea54

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
DOMO
Originally Posted by bos3ayd
I've already installed Stillen short headers.

and I have an ARK exhaust and not HFCs.

My car is 08 therefore its a 5 transmission auto.
I know sorry if you re read i mentioned something about the ark hfc you wanted to get could maybe only fit a 6mt im not to sure but if your looking for the most gains maybe consider art pipes as an alternative or fast intentions resonated test pipes. Ahh i see so yoh have the 3.69 gearing then.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:46 PM
PongSanity

For the untuned m370 you will see a loss of power with a gain of torque. Alfredopr proved this with his build thread. But you will feel the power difference once installed and feel even more power once tuned.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:34 PM
PaulyB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which intake will I benefit most from??

Ive been stuck between these two. Help please!

K&N - 69 Series Typhoon Cold Air Intake Kit
or
Takeda - Attack Cold Air Intake System
Old 10-29-2014, 10:41 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulyB
Ive been stuck between these two. Help please! K&N - 69 Series Typhoon Cold Air Intake Kit or Takeda - Attack Cold Air Intake System
Have you checked all the options?
Between those two, the favorite is the Takeda.

Other popular options are the Stillen Gen 3 (requires cutting to fit) and the R2C intake.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:29 PM
PongSanity

Get takeda CAI or Stillen gen 3 CAI
bos3ayd (12-14-2014)
Old 12-05-2014, 01:56 PM
beers64

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by PongSanity View Post

Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
Im still not sure I want to try that for now.

That's something a bit too extreme for me, at least for now. Maybe I will try that when I'm looking to squeeze out the last bits on N/A power.

Besides the full exhaust (headers, pipes or cats, catback), intake, pulleys, intake manifold, and tune, there are not much more bolt on mods.

Maybe OP should look into lightweight wheels and better tires, before trying other mods that might be too extreme for a daily driven car.

Also, the 4.08 gear swap with a quaife differential might be a good mod, and I'm not sure if there is a driveshaft upgrade available for the g37.
I'd have to say the larger throttle bodies would be a fairly good mod, especially with intake, exhaust, and tune. When you think about it more air means more power. Obviously not tremendous amounts, but seeing as how it's basically a bolt on mod (assuming you follow the synolimit thread and send it in to him) it would be easy enough and worth the cost.
bos3ayd (12-16-2014)
Old 12-05-2014, 03:12 PM
dgey1

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
should you really want to boost your hp, look into Nitrous. No one has spoken about this. Research a wet system, someone that can do an install, then a tune with and without nitrous that you can switch to when using it. Our long blocks can handle more hp that you realize. Google is your friend. Use the search engine for info. Become educated about what you're planning on doing. As a youth, I put on all sorts of mods on my cars. On paper it sounded incredible. On the road no so much. YOU NEED EVERYTHING TO WORK TOGETHER or stock will be faster.
bos3ayd (12-14-2014)
Old 12-09-2014, 03:19 PM
beers64

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by dgey1
should you really want to boost your hp, look into Nitrous. No one has spoken about this. Research a wet system, someone that can do an install, then a tune with and without nitrous that you can switch to when using it. Our long blocks can handle more hp that you realize. Google is your friend. Use the search engine for info. Become educated about what you're planning on doing. As a youth, I put on all sorts of mods on my cars. On paper it sounded incredible. On the road no so much. YOU NEED EVERYTHING TO WORK TOGETHER or stock will be faster.
If you were going to go so far as to add nitrous, I'd recommend looking into forced induction first. I understand that is much more expensive than nitrous, but nitrous can really cause some extensive issues and premature wear on a stock block. The forced induction will as well but not nearly as aggressively.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Cr0tchf4i

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I like the fact that you get **** done! Look into tunes (UpRev) and find someone who can tune it on a dyno in your area. Maybe add some suspension work as well.
bos3ayd (12-14-2014)

Quick Reply: Performance Mods!