Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Need Help, Tune/Reflash or Not

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 07:42 PM
kokoszka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help, Tune/Reflash or Not

Okay so im pretty new to the infinity g37 and i just installed an long tube intake and Berk HFCS. The car is fine and everything but not sure if the full power is there or im just expecting a lil more than im getting haha. Now i use to have a wrx and ecu tune did a crap load for the car, but considering the g37 non turbo would a tune or reflash do anything for my car with the upgrades i have? Also would it be worth the money? I hear too many mixed reviews and just wanted to get a straight true answer. If worth it what should i get/do.

Thanks
Old 08-29-2013, 09:23 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
The mixed reviews your getting are not from here. . Tune is a very good mod for our cars.
You might not pick up tons of WHP up top but your gains under the curve , better throttle response and overall fun to drive is huge.
I would get a cat back then tune it , you'll see + 300 WHP for sure
Old 08-30-2013, 05:54 PM
kokoszka

Okay thankss, yea everyone keeps telling me that but my cars pretty low and i already scrape enough. Would make me cry to pay for CB exhaust to get destroyed since most aftermarket sag a lil lower than stock lol.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:58 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
i had they stillen gen 3 and berk HFC and ark exhaust my A/F was not to bad till the upper end of the RPM range..but lik ANMVQ said throttle responce and increase in line pressure for the tranny does wonders for the car..
Old 08-31-2013, 10:21 AM
kokoszka

Hmmm i guess i just might have to wait for the exhaust then : /. Wasnt planning on it, but maybe i get a good price over winter. I just didnt wanna spend a crap load for exhaust and have it destroyed, I live in chicago and roads suck here. Chuckie how low do the ARK sit for you? That exhaust is prob the only would i would consider, i really like it, would you recommend it?
Old 09-14-2013, 08:54 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
love the exhaust but it does sit low... but I think the redesigned it so it does not sit that low anymore.. I love it would buy it again.im sitting on eibach and only scrap when I go in my garage and you need to go over speed bumps at an angel or will scrap