Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Throttle lag class action suit

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 05:40 PM
bwc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle lag class action suit

I'm currently pursuing a class action suit regarding the throttle lag issue with 08/09 Infiniti G37 vehicles. If anyone else has experienced life threatening hazards or otherwise dangerous situations in general with this issue and this is something you'd be interested in, please PM me.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Polar_g37s

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Are you serious?? How does minimal throttle lag put u in danger? And good luck with that you do know your battling with billionaires right?
Old 12-17-2012, 07:24 PM
bwc

Originally Posted by Polar_g37s
Are you serious?? How does minimal throttle lag put u in danger? And good luck with that you do know your battling with billionaires right?
Do you know exactly what I'm referring to? It can cause an incredibly unsafe right turn/yield merge in some instances, due to unexpected lack of acceleration. I've experienced this multiple times where I've rolled through a yield sign with no ability to accelerate immediately after merging. This most recently nearly caused me to be rear ended.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:30 PM
daicon0

I have a 2008 and have not experienced this or haven't noticed it... Can you duplicate it and provide a video?
Old 12-17-2012, 07:59 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
I never experience this either. Don't think your going to get any where with that. This is the 1st time i am hearing this.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Elperuano

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This will make for great entertainment.
OP keep us posted please!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:59 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
You sure it's throttle lag and not downshift lag?
Old 12-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Polar_g37s

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Something must be wrong with your car. Many people have the exact same motor as you and don't have this issue. I have a G37s 6mt, I experience lag but not extreme lag mind you my car is standard so I'm always in a lower gear when merging but there is no reason you should have this much lag.Also if your merging to the point where you need to stomp on it, I guess your not merging properly the car is not a rocket.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:00 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
doesn't look good for you filing a class action if you cant find someone on a g board that knows what you're talking about...
The following users liked this post:
socketz67 (06-29-2014)
Old 12-18-2012, 02:19 AM
oro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will hear more about it on the370 forums. I know exactly what he is talking about. It is somewhat helped by changing to a lightweight flywheel. But you step on the throttle for example the car lurches forward, falls on its face power wise, then ramps up slowly. Though the process is a matter of seconds but if you try to get into a tight window on a turn and this kicks in, you will very well have a car T-Boning you. There is a giant thread about it on the 370z forums by digitonium. It is in the tuning of the car, it was found disabling some features that also disarmed the abs system on the car gave the car the "low end torque and response" feeling the previous 350Z had. I believe it's also part of the torque managment system which is why the car does not go 100% throttle low end. I think UpRev calls it the 0-60 restriction. Lots of computer devices to make sure the target demographic doesn't hurt themselves.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:14 AM
bingpwr
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Oro, I have felt what you are talking about, but I think this is another issue on top of that. When I depress my throttle maybe 30-50% at random times, it takes about 1-2 seconds for the car to start moving in the same gear since I'm in full manual mode. I noticed this happened more often when I was driving very conservatively to preserve gas.

Oro, what you have mentioned is something I experience often, even in full Manual mode. I'm in 3rd gear, I press the throttle ~30-50% and the car responds immediately, but then the RPMs drop down almost 1000 RPM and the engine kind of has to "start over" and the RPMs have to slowly ramp back up. It really is odd because I have my foot on the throttle constantly the entire time this is happening and it's really puzzling.

Never will I set foot in another Infiniti after this one. I have learned my lesson through this ****ty clunky gearbox. I love the G's looks, but the transmission/tuning completely ruined the car for me. I make sure everybody that asks me about my car knows that too!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:14 AM
bwc

Originally Posted by oro
You will hear more about it on the370 forums. I know exactly what he is talking about. It is somewhat helped by changing to a lightweight flywheel. But you step on the throttle for example the car lurches forward, falls on its face power wise, then ramps up slowly. Though the process is a matter of seconds but if you try to get into a tight window on a turn and this kicks in, you will very well have a car T-Boning you. There is a giant thread about it on the 370z forums by digitonium. It is in the tuning of the car, it was found disabling some features that also disarmed the abs system on the car gave the car the "low end torque and response" feeling the previous 350Z had. I believe it's also part of the torque managment system which is why the car does not go 100% throttle low end. I think UpRev calls it the 0-60 restriction. Lots of computer devices to make sure the target demographic doesn't hurt themselves.
Precisely. It may be rare, however, it is common enough to raise issues. And I ignored it for the longest time until I realized how dangerous it could actually be. I will be posting detailed videos of this soon.

Edit: Haha, another person experiencing this posted just as I did. Also, I wouldn't let this turn you off from Infiniti, since it's fixed in later models, however, that must mean that they were aware of it enough to have made such an improvement.

Last edited by bwc; 12-18-2012 at 03:29 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:58 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
I believe what the OP is referring to has already been discussed in length in the 7AT reprogram thread? https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...reprogram.html

Maybe posting a reference in that thread would spark more interest in a class action...
Old 12-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Hes got a 5at if hes talking about an 08...
Old 12-18-2012, 02:05 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
How is this class action thing coming along

Quick Reply: Throttle lag class action suit