Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Slave/Master Cylinder Out

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 11:34 AM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
They would figure it out if it was a part that failed more often within warranty. Otherwise, they just get more money.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Wickedsnow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just had this done last week. I took it to the z-car garage and they said dropping the tranny is all covered by warranty. I could either A. replace the crappy slave-master with another one, or upgrade for $300 to a nice race quality titanium version. Which I did.

I suggest you replace it with something non-oem. Rob at the z-car said it's a known defect, and infinity should cover the cost of labor for dropping the tranny to get to it.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
What is this $300 titanium CSC you speak of?
Old 10-14-2012, 02:21 AM
Wickedsnow

Black,

I'll talk to Rob at Z-car and ask the brand etc etc he put in. I'll post it asap.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:23 PM
BluestickG

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Wickedsnow
Black,

I'll talk to Rob at Z-car and ask the brand etc etc he put in. I'll post it asap.
Thats where i took my car too to get the clutch put in. I wish I would have had put the better slave cylinder in and had them do the work now
Old 10-14-2012, 04:43 PM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black Betty
What is this $300 titanium CSC you speak of?

I'd like to know too. I knew of the heavy duty CSC at Concept Z, which is around $300, but it's made of aluminum, not titanium... I'm thinking a titanium CSC would cost a little more...

http://http://www.conceptzperformanc...158.147.53.250
Old 10-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by jon23
I'd like to know too. I knew of the heavy duty CSC at Concept Z, which is around $300, but it's made of aluminum, not titanium... I'm thinking a titanium CSC would cost a little more...

http://http://www.conceptzperformanc...158.147.53.250
That's why I asked. I'm thinking maybe he made a mistake and is talking about the same aluminum ZSP one that I have but perhaps there is something else out there I'm not aware of. I doubt it though.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Wickedsnow

You know, I could be wrong and have it be the aluminum one. I'll check with rob tomorrow morning.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Aryrm Cheng

So... my clutch slave cylinder started leaking today on a 2012 g37 IPL with 12k miles... The issue first came up at 8k miles when the pedal got soft multiple times, brought it to the dealer and was told nothing is wrong. Today, my pedal got soft all of a sudden, so I went to check my master cylinder and it was almost empty. Went to top it off, drove home and it was half empty already. Bringing it to the dealer tomorrow so they can look at it. There are no signs of leaks near the master cylinder, so my guess is probably the slave cylinder

Last edited by Aryrm Cheng; 10-15-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:55 PM
jon23

Originally Posted by Aryrm Cheng
So... my clutch slave cylinder started leaking today on a 2012 g37 IPL with 12k miles... The issue first came up at 8k miles when the pedal got soft multiple times, brought it to the dealer and was told nothing is wrong. Today, my pedal got soft all of a sudden, so I went to check my master cylinder and it was almost empty. Went to top it off, drop home and it was half empty already. Bringing it to the dealer tomorrow so they can look at it. There are no signs of leaks near the master cylinder, so my guess is probably the slave cylinder

Wow, so early? Your IPL is still new! Good thing you're still under warranty.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:06 AM
Aryrm Cheng

Yeah its basically a brand new car, I really wish they made a fix for this after all these years... I have the zspeed csc but I doubt they will install it under warranty. will probably have to wait till my clutch/flywheel replacement.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Tommy Gunz PSIU
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I just recently started experiencing this problem (i think). When initially starting the car in the morning, and driving for the first couple minutes, everything is normal with depressing the clutch pedal. After awhile, or when i am going faster, i slowly notice that the pedal will depress with very little pressure, until it finally engages. Just today it went almost all the way down, but i got pressure when there was about an inch left. I'm worried that i will be on 80 and not be able to get the clutch disengaged to slow down when getting off. I feel like it was a close call today, because the clutch must have just barely disengaged today. Do you think this is the slave cylinder, master cylinder, or maybe i just need to change my fluid (i haven't looked at it, but will when i get home today).
Old 10-22-2012, 03:53 PM
BluestickG

Originally Posted by Tommy Gunz PSIU
I just recently started experiencing this problem (i think). When initially starting the car in the morning, and driving for the first couple minutes, everything is normal with depressing the clutch pedal. After awhile, or when i am going faster, i slowly notice that the pedal will depress with very little pressure, until it finally engages. Just today it went almost all the way down, but i got pressure when there was about an inch left. I'm worried that i will be on 80 and not be able to get the clutch disengaged to slow down when getting off. I feel like it was a close call today, because the clutch must have just barely disengaged today. Do you think this is the slave cylinder, master cylinder, or maybe i just need to change my fluid (i haven't looked at it, but will when i get home today).
Most likely thats the problem. Definitly bring it in to get both master and slave cylinders replaced. Hopefully your under warranty or you will be paying 1200+
Old 10-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Tommy Gunz PSIU
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
No... Dont think I have a warranty that will cover this. I do have an aftermarket warranty, but they seem to like to screw me. Because this is not a "mechanical failure", I'm sure they wont take it. Do you think i should do a new flywheel and clutch while they are replacing this as well? I know they are expensive, but i guess I'd rather just have them go in the tranny once, then have to do it again for the clutch/flywheel. I've only had the car for about 6-7 months, and I'm not sure if the clutch has ever been replace, or if it even needs to be. It has arounf 52K miles on it.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:19 PM
BluestickG

Originally Posted by Tommy Gunz PSIU
No... Dont think I have a warranty that will cover this. I do have an aftermarket warranty, but they seem to like to screw me. Because this is not a "mechanical failure", I'm sure they wont take it. Do you think i should do a new flywheel and clutch while they are replacing this as well? I know they are expensive, but i guess I'd rather just have them go in the tranny once, then have to do it again for the clutch/flywheel. I've only had the car for about 6-7 months, and I'm not sure if the clutch has ever been replace, or if it even needs to be. It has arounf 52K miles on it.
Everything seems to go out around 60k. right when bumper to bumper warranty runs out But yes i would just replace everything. You can go either with OEM or do what most people do and go with aftermarket clutch pressure plate and flywheel. It mush cheaper that way.

Quick Reply: Slave/Master Cylinder Out