Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

35,xxx WITH NO OIL CHANGE. WHAT DO NOW?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 03:55 PM
g37musings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Records on this one?????
Old 08-13-2012, 04:24 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Funny how maybe I'm the only one who asks for service records on used cars also, :/
Old 08-13-2012, 04:47 PM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by apexi957
Thanks for the bumping up the thread lol.

UPDATE

We picked up our new car today, 30k for $29k. Fully loaded; Tech, Nav and Sports package.

Car checks out in both CarFax and AutoCheck.

Looks nice! One thing I noticed...the intrument cluster lid looks to be coming undone at the lower left side. It's just a matter of time before the top left (right above the buttons) starts to curl up as well. Take it to the dealer and they should replace that whole lid under warranty. While you're at it, have them look at the steering wheel, they might also replace it due to the poor materials that were used back in the early models which caused easy scratching.

Making a mods list yet?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:54 PM
cmonti

Oh apexi957 lol

Does Peach Motors and this car ring a bell?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56197798@N05/8001558710/http://www.flickr.com/photos/56197798@N05/8001558710/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/56197798@N05/, on Flickr

If it does I would be the second person to be fooled by these scum bag A$$holes. If this is the same car which by the details there is NOWAY that it cant be a different car then I had the same exact thing happen to me. Thank God and my very persistent father that I was able to get the entire amount of the car back and i was able to find a different G that I'm in love with.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:52 PM
betterdayz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
same car?????
Old 09-19-2012, 10:12 AM
cmonti

The details that match up to perfectly with what apexi957 first stated in the original post. I can almost bet my left pinky toe that it is the same car.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:01 AM
nseriessaga

Sorry, i didnt have time to read through all 4 pages... but WTF kinda POS dealership wouldnt at the VERY LEAST MINIMUM perform an oil change and flush out what they can before selling the car, when they supposedly knew the oil on the car has never been changed. And we're not talking about a 1991 toyota tercel 4speed manual vehicle here... I guess its a good thing they left it, this way atleast you were able to find out the truth about the vehicle.

This dealership and the previoius owner(s) should be physically smacked down to their core.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:26 PM
cmonti

Tell me about!! apexi957 can attest to the fact that it sucks to buy a new car and take it to the dealership and them tell you that the engine is sludged and the warranty on the car is voided!!! thankfully we both were able to resolve the problem.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:28 PM
MurderedG37s

That is really odd becasue under the terms and condition on the lease, you need to keep up with maintenance. If you do not, you are liable for all damages that occur. This is partially the previous owners fault for not keeping up with maintenance, as well as the dealerships for not demanding the services. I have no idea what kind of dealership would not change the oil before they sold a used car anyways. That is insane. You can return that car 100%. This was your "Personal Friend" who sold you a car he knew was bad? Sounds more like a ****head to me. That is neglegance and falls on the dealership 100%. Technically, that should not have even come close to passing Infiniti Certification. That in itself is deceit. The whole deal should be null and void and you should report that to the BBB.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:32 PM
G37-Pearl

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
return the car any thing with a low price has problems for sure it even will not be correct for similar cars with higher price ..
Old 09-21-2012, 11:41 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by apexi957
Sup guys, my dad recently purchased a 2009 G37S 6mt less than a week ago. I checked out the car and the car drives fine and clean. CarFax and Autocheck came out clean, so we decided to buy it. It was $24k after taxes for 35,xxx miles, nuff said. Seems like a good deal right?

We took it to the Infiniti dealership for an oil change today and we get this picture below us. Dealership says that this was a lease car and has NO service history. They even said that the oil filter was the original one. Motor is sludged up from the previous owners negligence/ignorance. Infiniti said that it's reccomended to either do a engine flush which might not flush the problem or complete engine overhaul with NO warranty. I understand that the dealership MIGHT be selling us a service, but even a car noob will tell you 35,xxx miles with no oil change is a bad thing.

Dad called the original dealership we purchased it from and they say that they will do a engine flush for us. The salesman said that he would bring it to their sister dealership (Mitsubishi) to get an engine flush and everything done. We even had him admit that he knew the motor had a sludging "issue". He is also a personal friend of mine, so with that said salesman are scum aha. In the end, he said that he would do the flush and if we didn't like it we can return the car.

My stand.
Return the car.

Dad's stand.
Flush it and if nothing happens we return the car.

So guys with that said, WHAT DO NOW?

For the people who don't care about reading here's the summary.

Salesman sold us a car that had a sludge up engine that went without an oil change for 35,xxx miles. We even had him admit to the problem. What would you do in our situation? Let them have a chance or return the car?

Most back yard mechanics could tell if this was case before you bought the car. Next time, consider asking someone knowledgeable to come along. Many people will do this just to help. Usually just a simple inspection of the dipstick color\residue and oil cap alone will tell the tale right away. You can also tell if they cheated by cleaning up the dipstick and\or oil cap.
I would not keep this car long term, the wear inside is likely well advanced now. Sorry bro. Wish I had better things to say about this.
I would be contacting my attorney with this hard evidence and seeking satisfaction from the dealer that sold the car to you.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Slategirl

SMh. Return.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:11 AM
ImStricken
Former Sponsor

idk if it was stated prior: (didnt get a chance to read all 4 pages yet)
id walk away, as this "flush" could loosen a glob of sludge, and that glob could act like a blood-clot and clog up a oil line, starving the engine off from crucial oil supply and essentially seize your engine.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Damn Dirty Ape

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Can'tGme
I would return it and walk away. If they are giving you the option to return it with no questions asked then I'd say go for it.
yup that's what I'd do.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:05 AM
cmonti

I guess you guys didnt read through the entire thread but the OP did return the car and after I bought it I returned it a week later. To what htownboy said, I had a professional mechanic and very close trusted friend look at the car and since the engine was flushed after the OP bought the car, the car's engine was spotless and drove excellent. But like everyone has said, it has a much deeper and darker problem lingering in the engine. The dealership that sold the car to bought of us finally admitted wrong doing and told my dad that they are just going to have to sell it at auction and lose money on it. Hopefully no one else gets screwed from lying salesmen.

Quick Reply: 35,xxx WITH NO OIL CHANGE. WHAT DO NOW?