Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Disabling VDC

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 08:39 PM
SPN27RU

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Disabling VDC

Hi all!

I found a few threads on the my350Z.com about disabling VDC on the 350Z "HOW TO" VDC Fully Disabled Button - MY350Z.COM Forums
As I understand it there are three options: Disable brakes lamp, Disable G-sensor, pulling out the VDC fuse.
Has anyone tried this on the G37S?
I tried to pull out the big blue fuse, which is located in the fuse box under the hood - "PWR WDW, ABS ACTUATOR, VDC", but the engine even fails to start. After inserting it back - OK.
I want to try to turn off the ground wire of G / YAW-sensor.
What do you think about this?

P.S. Also I removed the connector from the brake fluid level sensor in hope that low-level error occurs and the VDC system turns off (as it occurs at a low level of brake fluid), but nothing happened.

Last edited by SPN27RU; 07-04-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
"many of us know that pushing the VDC button next to the steering wheel won´t fully dissable this function and will kick in on hard turns and so."

I guess I don't know that. It has been a long time since I researched this subject. I'm not sure what all the VDC does anymore. I know that on my 300C SRT8 pushing the button and holding it for eight seconds (wait for the chime) and it is fully turned off.

What causes the VDC to turn itself back on?
Old 07-04-2012, 11:20 PM
SPN27RU

Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
I know that on my 300C SRT8 pushing the button and holding it for eight seconds (wait for the chime) and it is fully turned off.
Yes, on my ex ride EvoX it`s fully turns off so too.

What causes the VDC to turn itself back on?
No, its not turns back on itself.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:02 AM
Track Bandit

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Doesn't turning off your car and then restarting it automatically cause the system to reset all the standard factory defaults which would include the VDC?

Al
Old 07-09-2012, 03:07 AM
SPN27RU

I can definitely say that unplugging the brake pedal sensor, you can smoke the wheels for a long time. Today I tried it, but the smoke was just on one wheel (damn open differential). As soon as I put the Quaife, I will smoke two!

The next step is to disable G / YAW-sensor for drifting. I will write about the results.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

How/where do you unplug the brake pedal sensor?
Old 07-09-2012, 09:47 PM
SPN27RU

Here the pic

It is located above the brake pedal. Page BR-19 of Service manual.

It must be unplugged with engine running and shifter in "N" position. Otherwise, you can not switch from "P"
Old 07-09-2012, 11:35 PM
SPN27RU

But in the manual shown separate switches!

Last edited by SPN27RU; 07-09-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:04 AM
SPN27RU

Done!!!

So I installed the switch to ground wire of Yaw-sensor & VDC comletely OFF!!!
But VDC off & Slip lights are on until the ignition is not turned off.
Sorry for crappy pic.
Attached Thumbnails Disabling VDC-img_2016.jpg  
Old 11-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

I need to look more into this again. Brake switch will soon be added. Yaw-sensor?
Old 11-12-2012, 05:48 PM
SPN27RU

I need to look more into this again. Brake switch will soon be added. Yaw-sensor?
Yeah Yaw-sensor.
Actually it was quite easy. You just need remove central part of console, cut the black wire & connect the switch.
Here the DYI from My350Z DIY: Disabling VDC - MY350Z.COM Forums
Old 03-27-2014, 10:11 AM
TeeItHi
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Removing stop light fuse

so recently i've been just removing my stop light fuse to do standing burn out and it works just fine, i can sit there for as long as i want... but never tried driving with out it cuz i'll have no brake lights. so i just wanna get this right, if i drive without the stop light fuse i will not be able to drift the car? but if i disable the yaw-sensor i can do both burnout and drift?
Old 03-28-2014, 03:59 AM
Synolimit

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by TeeItHi
so recently i've been just removing my stop light fuse to do standing burn out and it works just fine, i can sit there for as long as i want... but never tried driving with out it cuz i'll have no brake lights. so i just wanna get this right, if i drive without the stop light fuse i will not be able to drift the car? but if i disable the yaw-sensor i can do both burnout and drift?
Hitting the VDC button gives you some disable to do like a rolling burn out but not all of it especially when you're in a corner hot on a track. That's when the YAW sensor kicks in and applies brakes since you're moving and having G force applied. Killing only the YAW sensor for me is identical to killing the VDC but the brakes aren't applied in a corner. So for me I just hit my YAW switch and leave the VDC alone. To really drift and use the brakes and gas pedal you must disable the brake fuse. If both brake and gas are applied the ecu will kill power. So to really drift I'd find a better way to disable the "brake fuse" so you have your lights and install a YAW kill switch. VDC and YAW killed or one or the other will not let you do a standing burn out.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:02 AM
TeeItHi
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
brake fuse on switch

Originally Posted by Synolimit
Hitting the VDC button gives you some disable to do like a rolling burn out but not all of it especially when you're in a corner hot on a track. That's when the YAW sensor kicks in and applies brakes since you're moving and having G force applied. Killing only the YAW sensor for me is identical to killing the VDC but the brakes aren't applied in a corner. So for me I just hit my YAW switch and leave the VDC alone. To really drift and use the brakes and gas pedal you must disable the brake fuse. If both brake and gas are applied the ecu will kill power. So to really drift I'd find a better way to disable the "brake fuse" so you have your lights and install a YAW kill switch. VDC and YAW killed or one or the other will not let you do a standing burn out.
i actually made a swith for my brake fuse, i used a blown fuse and tap in inline fuse. i guess yaw killed will help do same thing for donuts?
Old 03-31-2014, 03:56 PM
SPDCRZ

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
its actually the green wire you want to cut in the newer g37's Also if your doing it in an AWD version of the car be careful not to leave it disconnected. If you do then your AWD will get stuck on. Had it happen to a friend of mine. Not good!

Quick Reply: Disabling VDC