Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Building a 1000 HP G37

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 09:25 PM
SFG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is thread just a waste of our time and your money. If (which I highly doubt) you were to put the time and money into such a project, What the hell are you going to do with it once it is done?
Old 03-24-2012, 12:40 AM
PerformedG37
Banned

"talking facts"
Turbo-Kits.com - 08+ Infiniti G37 Twin Turbo Kits - VQ37VHR, VVEL
stage 4
Old 03-24-2012, 01:40 AM
kpjc4eva
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
man u cant make 1000hp with 2 dinky 28s man.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:39 AM
kpjc4eva
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by PerformedG37
Alright so i found a F/I 1000 whp twin turbo but you must build you engine to the extreme to produce this much. So what exactly should I do to my engine before dropping the turbo in, any specific ideas and companies in mind?

Um, you do understand many shops don't really work on this car right? I don't know everything about cars, but building a 1000 WHP motor is going to take you above and beyond your patience, money, and motivation to keep going. The best part is finding those "certain" people who can perform the job. For instance finding a damn shop with cnc capabilities getting complete head work complete. Even if you found a damn good cnc shop, you have to see if they have ever done the vq37 motors, and more than 99.9% NOPE. For instance, Cosworth, doesn't even want to touch this motor since is not cost effective. You want people who are engineers doing this type of work. There are a lot of testing they can do versus a guy who operates a machine. Tracking? Also, the last post you posted it blew my mind that you really believed a GT28 can push 1000 hp. You either sound like your deaf or simply retarded with your grammar structure, but GT28's do not have the capabilities to even go near those numbers. Unless your a god of some sort and can magically force your way onto things like these. If you are let me know. I don't truly 100% understand VVEL, but from what I understand the tuning can control the cams from doing what you want. For the RB motors you can actually buy cams, and retard them if you wanted too. All depending on your turbo set up, and whatever other godly factors to make your car into a rocket ship. I mean there are a whole bunch of **** man that people neglect. Such as, the radiator and I really don't know who makes a racing radiator for this car. I wish mathematically this car could shove a t4 housing in and go from there, balbhlhablhlahblab.

What are your goals for the car man? Because you also have to factor in the breaking, which I highly suggest 8 pot breaks. I'm going for all top end power, but I'm running into troubles here and there from the kit I have. Actually learning how to read a dyno graph versus someone explaining and emphasizing the horsepower, really makes a difference. The kit I have has a bunch of flaws that not only I questioned on certain things, but others too. Such as UpRev, but this is not the point. I'm tired of typing and I hope you get the point. The more ****ing power you make, the more other **** you have to build up too. Simple **** like stronger driveshaft, building the rear, motor mounts, head studs, main studs, transmission, our trans is very wide so I think its alright to a certain point, exhaust restriction, the number of psi your going to jack up, complete head work, machining, etc etc and more of the ****ing etc.

PS
You can never go wrong with a RB26 or a 2JZ swap. If you go RB make sure you find an N1 block. Its going to run you, but hell there are only few floating around the world. If you want to go a cheaper route than RB go with the 2JZ. In the long run the 2JZ will be cheaper.
Or shove a damn V8. Don't say its impossible. I seen a damn 240sx with a Viper motor in. Its possible.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:57 AM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Call up GTM I'm guessing, last I checked they had a stroked out 4.5L VQ making 1000+ hp. Get ready to spend around 50-60k. For 1100hp the car needs a LOT of work, pretty much everything in the drivetrain needs to be changed.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:41 AM
PerformedG37
Banned

4.5 VQ would fit? Or would I have to widen up the front to make it able to fit ?
Old 03-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Uh, I think you mean the 4.5L VK engine, right? I'm pretty sure it will drop right in with little or no issues. I wonder why nobody has done this yet??? What do you plan to do to get the extra 600 HP?
Old 03-24-2012, 10:11 AM
PerformedG37
Banned

Well see once again this was to build up questions but if you really want me to answer that I will with no Problem. HONESTLY, I dont think I can get up too 1000 but I can for sure maintain 920 and about 870 to the wheels. Drive train needs to be staged 4, there are many people who work out in California that can do ANYTHING trust me. With a wider engine compartment I can put a larger oil filter in there to keep it cooler and adding more to the engine. Twin turbo, Headers Back to the Exhaust, Oil Chamber Spacer, Fuel Injectors and Pistons Stage 3 Turbo because Stage 4 will DESTROY your engine after 20k miles I have done my research. Now here is the interesting part. When I enlarge the Engine compartment I am adding two mini Intercoolers whos pipes will be added and welded to the pipes with the main one, with two hood scoops, I can place the intercoolers on top of the engine, doubling the air coming into the twin turbo Producing THE MAX turbo power. Now I know many people might go try this Idea but all the special work is about 35k to completely get just to 800 the other 120 will just have to remain a secret.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:12 AM
PerformedG37
Banned

I really hope everyone is starting to see I mean business through everything I wanted to start off in the way I did to see if people knew anything about these Japenese Machines that we have in our hands but everyone just made mean comments but I hope to get better known.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:23 AM
fairladyz34

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Yup a larger oil filter and intercoolers on top of the engine should do the trick with cooling our motors that overheat from the factory. Sounds like you'll be boosting it up in no time
Old 03-24-2012, 10:30 AM
SharpByCoop

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
I'm reminded of this phrase: What do you do when you find yourself stuck in a hole?

Stop digging.

Coop
Old 03-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Yup, and welding the intercoolers on top of the engine will definitely "double the air coming into the twin turbo". Your ideas reflex years of experience with Japanese Machines, way beyond what we know.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Vasher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PerformedG37
Well see once again this was to build up questions but if you really want me to answer that I will with no Problem. HONESTLY, I dont think I can get up too 1000 but I can for sure maintain 920 and about 870 to the wheels. Drive train needs to be staged 4, there are many people who work out in California that can do ANYTHING trust me. With a wider engine compartment I can put a larger oil filter in there to keep it cooler and adding more to the engine. Twin turbo, Headers Back to the Exhaust, Oil Chamber Spacer, Fuel Injectors and Pistons Stage 3 Turbo because Stage 4 will DESTROY your engine after 20k miles I have done my research. Now here is the interesting part. When I enlarge the Engine compartment I am adding two mini Intercoolers whos pipes will be added and welded to the pipes with the main one, with two hood scoops, I can place the intercoolers on top of the engine, doubling the air coming into the twin turbo Producing THE MAX turbo power. Now I know many people might go try this Idea but all the special work is about 35k to completely get just to 800 the other 120 will just have to remain a secret.
"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul".

Originally Posted by Modme
Yup, and welding the intercoolers on top of the engine will definitely "double the air coming into the twin turbo". Your ideas reflex years of experience with Japanese Machines, way beyond what we know.
Its quite possible that he is from the future.

The future looks bleak guys, trolls have taken over the Earth.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Vasher
"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul".
haha. +1
Old 03-24-2012, 01:34 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Best thread ever!!! Haaaaaahaaa. What's the under/over on the op's age, and the odds on whether he owns a g?

Quick Reply: Building a 1000 HP G37