Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Losing pressure in Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 03:25 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Losing pressure in Clutch

Evening all,

Was hoping for some insight. Just got the car back from the dealership - I was losing pressure in my clutch pedal after longer drivers (freeway) and whenever I went from 5th to a stop light (without downshifting); pumping it would bring back the pressure in the clutch pedal. They replaced the master slave cylinder. All was well, until just today (one day after) the issue returned; it isn't as bad, but it's definitely the beginning stages of came the last time - pressure comes back immediately after I pump the clutch ONCE. Car is well maintained (bolted on + tune + 4.08 fd ring and pinion). Thoughts? Could it just need a bleed? Slaver cylinder? Thanks all!

Eric
Old 08-26-2011, 04:14 AM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by eksigned
Evening all,

Was hoping for some insight. Just got the car back from the dealership - I was losing pressure in my clutch pedal after longer drivers (freeway) and whenever I went from 5th to a stop light (without downshifting); pumping it would bring back the pressure in the clutch pedal. They replaced the master slave cylinder. All was well, until just today (one day after) the issue returned; it isn't as bad, but it's definitely the beginning stages of came the last time - pressure comes back immediately after I pump the clutch ONCE. Car is well maintained (bolted on + tune + 4.08 fd ring and pinion). Thoughts? Could it just need a bleed? Slaver cylinder? Thanks all!

Eric
Are you running a stainless steel braided clutch line? If not, the stock (rubber) line has a tendency to expand under pressure causing issues that you're describing.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I had a the same issue. Replaced the master cylinder. Lost pressure again. It was the concentric slave cylinder. They are weak and inadequate in our car IMO. I have an aftermarket clutch and flywheel and had replaced the original CSC with another OEM one when replacing the clutch. I started losing it again with only about 6K on the new one.

Get the heavy duty CSC from ZSpeed Performance. You'll be happy you did. Much better pedal feel (firm and direct) and the engagement is much better then OEM. No more high abrupt engagement point. Much more linear and easy to feather it. It also has a SS clutch line that comes with it.

Since you have to drop the transmission to replace the CSC, are you going to get a new clutch put in while you're in there? Mine went south at 60K.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:15 AM
kool_yaar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^whs, the slaves on our cars are anything but adequate once you start adding power mods, it really seems like they were made only to handle ~330 crank HP once u go over then youre better off going with the ZSpeed Slave with new clutch