Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

ECU Upgrade now VDC Throttle Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 06:55 AM
alunserjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECU Upgrade now VDC Throttle Issue

So I had an ECU upgrade to correct a battery issue (didn't start charging the battery until after the first 5-miles of driving). After that I experience the following: going into a turn, such as an offramp, with speed (not too fast but spirited), pulling lateral forces but no tire squeal, when I let off the accelerator the car will hold the speed, just like cruse control, all the way around the turn to the end of the ramp until the car straightens out, then the rpms will drop and the car will decelerate. I have even seen, after removing my foot from the accelerator, the rpms drop a couple of hundred rpms for just a second then go back up. I even demo'd this to the service dept. I get the impression they think I am driving the car above "normal". They were going to look into changes in the firmware, but so far nothing. I'm very concerned for winter/snow driving when that starts again. Anyone else heard about this issue. Any suggestions?
Old 08-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Mayu

Strange - have never heard of this!?

Why do you think it has to do with the VDC - since throttle holds? If anything I would presume, VDC would impede throttle.

Any updates from the Dealer?
Old 08-24-2010, 06:41 AM
alunserjr

When VDC is off the throttle doesn't hold. Everything is fine. Nothing from the dealer since the last time I checked. I'm taking my car in for other maintenance soon and will check again. If they are not pursing this then I will work directly with Infiniti.