Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

GTM Performance Engineering VQ45VHR-Our Journey to The 1000 HP and Beyond

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SAM@GTM
Not sure what you mean by that, the car came 100 % stock beside the wheels and some sway bars . Os Giken diff and stage 5 drive shaft shop axles will be used, stock trans will handle the power .

Sam
By "modded" I meant, it's a nice car to start with. It looks like the wheels, brakes, suspension (I don't think they come that low from the factory), fangs, headlights, tint, rear blackout treatment, and whatever I'm missing, have already been done. And done well, I like the subtle clean types of mods. Whether you did all the work or it came to you that way, it looks like an awesome car to put 1000hp in.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:02 PM
DmfG37sTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing build. I cant wait to see this car come together.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:27 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
By GTM Stage 1 Head you mean to say mechanical cams as well? No more VVEL?
Old 06-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
I was thinking more like a P&P job.

If they were actually going for regular cams I think it would've been easier to stick an HR head in their instead. But then it would just be a VQ45HR.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
I was thinking more like a P&P job.

If they were actually going for regular cams I think it would've been easier to stick an HR head in their instead. But then it would just be a VQ45HR.
Agreed ... I would assume they want to see the true potential of the VVEL system and test the limits.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

"True potential of the VVEL system" would mean the code has been cracked. I'm thinking custom cams better suited for boost would be a lot more beneficial than VVEL. Now, custom cams and VVEL would be the bomb-diggady but I doubt anyone is there yet.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:07 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RaceLogic!!! Nice!!!!
Old 06-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
By "modded" I meant, it's a nice car to start with. It looks like the wheels, brakes, suspension (I don't think they come that low from the factory), fangs, headlights, tint, rear blackout treatment, and whatever I'm missing, have already been done. And done well, I like the subtle clean types of mods. Whether you did all the work or it came to you that way, it looks like an awesome car to put 1000hp in.
Got it and thank you .

Sam
Old 06-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Originally Posted by G37Sam
By GTM Stage 1 Head you mean to say mechanical cams as well? No more VVEL?
No, VVEL is staying and you can't do mechanical cams on those heads . We will have a lot detailed info about the head work we are doing .

Sam
Old 06-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Originally Posted by Staples
Agreed ... I would assume they want to see the true potential of the VVEL system and test the limits.
Right on point

Sam
Old 06-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Sam@GTM
Banned

"True potential of the VVEL system" would mean the code has been cracked. I'm thinking custom cams better suited for boost would be a lot more beneficial than VVEL. Now, custom cams and VVEL would be the bomb-diggady but I doubt anyone is there yet.
More control is not always better, don't get me wrong would love to have the ability to tune the VVEL. but we don't have this option right so we need to work with what we have .
As for the custom cams i would have to disagree with you, I'll take the VVEl technology any time over mechanical cams. The VVEL gives perfect idle and maximum lift an duration in more rpm range. No mechanical cam can do, VVEL is the perfect cam . but I'm sure there will be some limitation, will see ....

Sam
Old 06-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

The way I see it is, if you can not have control over the VVEL and be able to do with it what you want then you are severly limited. The VVEL setup might be great for a stock 3.7L engine but what if you want more displacement, or better flowing heads, or forced induction. Without control over the VVEL you are limited to what you can do. Being put in that situation, I think you could pick a better cam for the job.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:45 AM
Sam@GTM
Banned

The way I see it is, if you can not have control over the VVEL and be able to do with it what you want then you are severly limited. The VVEL setup might be great for a stock 3.7L engine but what if you want more displacement, or better flowing heads, or forced induction. Without control over the VVEL you are limited to what you can do. Being put in that situation, I think you could pick a better cam for the job.
Your are missing the point, you must know something that no one else knows about the true limitation of the VVEL and that is why you keep making those statement. For us we don't know the limitation of the VVEL therefor will be testing and pushing the envelop so we can find that out .

We will see soon enough, stay tuned

Sam
Old 06-21-2010, 06:24 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

I guess I am missing your point. Earlier you said, "More control is not always better, don't get me wrong would love to have the ability to tune the VVEL. but we don't have this option right so we need to work with what we have ." I took that as you didn't have the ability to change anything with the VVEL, and that is what I'm calling limited. If you are talking about how far you can push the stock setup until you hit a wall, then I might have finally caught up with what you are saying.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:45 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
^ Sam knows something that we don't.. he just doesn't want to spill the beans yet lol

They won't get halfway with the project then go, oh shiat, we're going to have to call it off because the VVEL is limiting our boost.

Quick Reply: GTM Performance Engineering VQ45VHR-Our Journey to The 1000 HP and Beyond