Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help I am ready to TT.. What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:40 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
^ Care to Elaborate BJ?
Old 10-20-2009, 07:45 AM
SOLISIMO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BJ why do you say that?
Old 10-20-2009, 09:15 AM
pfizzle

Yes please elaborate.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:28 AM
SOLISIMO

or not lol...
Old 10-21-2009, 12:01 AM
DmfG37sTT

Originally Posted by Blackjack
I'd wait! I haven't been impressed with the GTM TT kit.
What are you smoking?
Old 10-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
The GTM kit hasn't been as promising IMO. In talking with Sharif, it requires alot of work for correct fitment unlike the TT solution traditionally sold from Greddy. While it does produce the power, I think good will come to those who wait in this case.

Again, just my personal opinions based on those I've talked to.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:46 AM
heff

wait for sema lol its like when u buy an 08 car and the 09 comes out with new stuff u really want *cough* *G* *cough*

patience is a virtue! and i have always wanted to say that and i dont truely get the meaning but it makes me feel like tom cruise in the last samurai : )
Old 10-21-2009, 01:14 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
let's all flood vortechhhhhhhhh with calls so they wake up and build a roots style blower!
Old 10-22-2009, 11:50 AM
DmfG37sTT

The GTM kit hasn't been as promising IMO. In talking with Sharif, it requires alot of work for correct fitment unlike the TT solution traditionally sold from Greddy. While it does produce the power, I think good will come to those who wait in this case.

Keep in mind the various years and style. With different ecu and parts (fuelpump) (exhaust for the g37 sedan) manifolds, ect. ect. between mine and christians car There were not really any fitment issues that im aware of. With the new g37 sedan which sharif is currently working on alot of things had to be changed and moded to work. I think you will find fitment issues with any kit that comes out for the g37. But this is just my opinion and can only really be answerd when other companies come out with kits.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:17 PM
JKashat

I say wait or forget the tt altogether, especially if like me you're already getting bored with the g.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I Don't relay think you have put in too much thoughts into your statement or maby you are confused because basically what you're saying is that Forged Performance don't know what they're doing .

How do you explain MODME DOING A DIY ON HIS BACK IN HIS OWEN GARAGE WITH OUT ANY FITMENT ISSUES IN A MATER OF FACT HE DID NOT EVEN CALL US ONE SINGLE TIME REGARDING ANY PROBLEMS .

Here is the thread so you can see for yourself

https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...2-install.html

So i suggest you have another conversation with sharif to clear up your confusion.

Sam
Old 10-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Did you read this

Originally Posted by Modme
Go for GTM. I've been to the shop many times and talked to the different shop guys. They really know what they are doing. But also keep in mind that even the best turbo kit in the world could give you problems if the installer is half-witted. Throughout my install, I've learned so much about our cars and turbos in general. There are so many different areas where if you dont tighten it will leak, if you overtighten it'll break. From my experience, the GTM kit is very well designed and made. You can make adjustments to make everything fit well. The quality is also superb, I broke a few drill bits while tapping holes on the stainless steel intercooler piping.

However, there are also a few things that the GTM kit slightly lacks in. Although it's full kit and includes everything you need, there are some things that GTM expect you to do yourself. For example, the PCV fittings are not prefitted onto the pipping, you have to tap your own holes.

I dont have any experience with the greddy kit but I can tell you that you can't go wrong with GTM. Even though Sam and the guys at the shop are extremely busy and are hard to contact sometimes, they are very responsible and will take care of you.

I had some issues with my flashed tune and Sam personally tuned my car on the dyno. He spent at least an hour dyno tuning and working out all the small issues to make sure the car runs smooth.
Sam

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 10-22-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:43 PM
DmfG37sTT

LAYIN THE LINE!!!! you tell em sam. Im fully confident with the GTM kit and im for sure christian is more than satified with his car. (without fitment issues)! ha love this thread
Old 10-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
I'd seriously consider the GTM but if you have the time, see what comes out over the winter months.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:16 AM
Mr.Lee

GTM is currently developing a kit for me for the awd /tease. Spoke with Sam a few times, he's rly helpful. You can't go wrong.

Quick Reply: Help I am ready to TT.. What would you do?