Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Greddy Twin Turbo for the VQ37HR

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 09:43 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by silver g
Also as far as the E-mannage goes...anybody who knows anything about FI on VQ motors knows you don't use the E-mannage. Thats just how it is.
There we go again with the take it or leave it posts. Come on man, those posts simply add nothing to this thread. Unless you have something to add or valid reasoning, then your posts won't be any less noobish than us myG37 members signed up on the wrong forum I've heard it a million times, don't go with the emanage, it's ****. Or I threw out my Emanage and went with XYZ and made some nice gains. This all doesn't make sense to me to be honest, and I'm sorry for my bluntness but I do not mean to offend you in anyway mate.

This is a good place to start for FI noobs:

http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induc...for-noobs.html
Thanks for the link, 2C already started a thread on that and is now answering questions too free of charge lol +1 to StreetWorks Customer Service haha
Old 01-05-2010, 10:47 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that was a very nice write up. now someone just needs to apply that to the vq37
Old 01-05-2010, 10:48 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

should have know sam would beat me on posting.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:34 PM
silver g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
There we go again with the take it or leave it posts. Come on man, those posts simply add nothing to this thread. Unless you have something to add or valid reasoning, then your posts won't be any less noobish than us myG37 members signed up on the wrong forum I've heard it a million times, don't go with the emanage, it's ****. Or I threw out my Emanage and went with XYZ and made some nice gains. This all doesn't make sense to me to be honest, and I'm sorry for my bluntness but I do not mean to offend you in anyway mate.

Thanks for the link, 2C already started a thread on that and is now answering questions too free of charge lol +1 to StreetWorks Customer Service haha
No offense taken...just wanna help you. First off I am no noob to FI...I have a fully built twin turbo G35 pushing 550WHP on stock ECU with a Technosquare reflash. Sorry Im not on this forum very much, but I did now notice 2C's thread. 2C I apologize.

As far as the E-mannage goes...many have gone down that route before us on my350Z. These people have made the mistake, its our job to learn from them. The info is there...its your job to find it. Thats why I said if you want specific information please search my350Z. Its just a well known fact you stay away from it.

As far as boosting the VQ37HR...well GTM has proven more than a few times that it is possible to boost the G37. They seem to have a solid turn key turbo kit (using quality Garrett BB turbos), and their Osiris flash tune seems to be working nicely. So far this set up has been successful and the bottom end of the stock HR block seems to handle boost very nice, unlike the old VQ35DE motors.

So I ask what is the fascination with something that has been proven time and again to not work very well, when you have a company like GTM who has a successful solution? Only trying to help you, not hinder you. Nobody wants to see you spend a pretty penny boosting your car, and then have it blow sky high b/c you used the E-manage.

Last edited by silver g; 01-05-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:43 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^0o0o0o his car is SUPER FAAAAAST! hahahahaha and his knowledge of FI VQ is SUPERB

Btw Mike we scheduled with Steve and Nima so well be dropping the customers g37 there in 2 weeks, come by and show him your ride bro!!!

Note: If Greddy Wants to Tune the G37 with E-Manage, NO Comment lol.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:07 PM
silver g

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
^0o0o0o his car is SUPER FAAAAAST! hahahahaha and his knowledge of FI VQ is SUPERB

Btw Mike we scheduled with Steve and Nima so well be dropping the customers g37 there in 2 weeks, come by and show him your ride bro!!!

Note: If Greddy Wants to Tune the G37 with E-Manage, NO Comment lol.
I will be there...make sure you give me the day and time so I can plan around my work schedule.

Also I heard Tadashi is in Japan at the moment...Im gonna be in Torrance either today or tomorrow so I will roll by and verify if Tadashi is infact gone, and when he will be back.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:35 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by silver g
Looks like I joined this party late, but If you guys want info for FI on VQ motors...then no offense you are on the wrong forum.
Here's my problem... I don't have a 3.5L and I don't have a Z. I'm registered on that forum but that's about it, I don't spend much time there. The only way we can get more info on this site is to talk about it. I'm not new to boost, but I am new to this VQ engine. If everyone keeps going elsewhere for technical talk then this forum will never advance.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:33 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
off topic: does anyone know the tolerances of the 6 speed tranny or the 7 speed auto on twins? i know the 370z has the rev-match magic button now on their 6 speed manuals...has anyone boosted one of those?
Old 01-06-2010, 06:39 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Not sure about the 7 Speed but seems like the 6MT holds pretty fine with a clutch upgrade against the stage 1 & 2 TT kit
Old 01-06-2010, 07:32 PM
g37mobbin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
7 speed auto would require to upgrade the VB but it is always an option for later down the road if you dont have the $$$ up front. doing so it would do 450 upgrade 500 for DD...as told by Sam@Gtm
Old 01-06-2010, 08:57 PM
silver g

Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
Here's my problem... I don't have a 3.5L and I don't have a Z. I'm registered on that forum but that's about it, I don't spend much time there. The only way we can get more info on this site is to talk about it. I'm not new to boost, but I am new to this VQ engine. If everyone keeps going elsewhere for technical talk then this forum will never advance.
The engine is not your problem or worry (well within reason) 500WHP is possible on the stock 3.7L block...in fact it is more friendly to boost that the old 3.5L. Us guys with the old 3.5L DE motors have to build our motors to hit those numbers reliably. The stock bottom ends on the 3.7L and the 3.5L HR for that matter are vastly improved. Your worry is the tuning...of which reflash tunes are proving to be very solid on this platform. Once again GTM is successful here.

The information is there...what else are you looking for?
Old 01-06-2010, 09:18 PM
TomieG

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
Here is an interesting video about the Nissan VVEL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyubJV4siss
Old 01-07-2010, 10:03 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

so would you say a 5at can get 450-500whp and upgrade VB later and it will be fine for DD?
Old 01-07-2010, 10:08 AM
g37mobbin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by whiddles
so would you say a 5at can get 450-500whp and upgrade VB later and it will be fine for DD?
what i was told that you can get 450 and be safe without the VB upgrade for DD. if you want the higher number of course the VB is recommended.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:22 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

if this is so i can turn boost down and be back in budget lol. them get the VB with tax return lol

Quick Reply: Greddy Twin Turbo for the VQ37HR