Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

What dealership did you go to for the TSB Transmission fix.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Zydan
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
What dealership did you go to for the TSB Transmission fix.

My dealership says I don't need this fix.., but I still believe I do.
I was hoping to call a dealership that actually knows about this fix to see how they identify the problem
My dealership hadn't heard of the TSB until I took the report to them, so I don't trust in their judgment that my vehicle does not need this fix.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:56 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I called Lisle Infiniti regarding this (made appt for July 13th) and they have not heard of this TSB (this was the service advisor), but he did tell me that he frequently does not know about these TSB's and that the master tech does and is much more knowledgeable regarding this issue.

I think it's pretty silly that if infiniti releases a TSB, there isn't a morning conference or something for all stealership service people to inform 'em of the new innovation.

I'll report back after the 13th and let you all know if Lisle Infiniti applied the TSB -- otherwise I'm going to Fields Infiniti (where brynomon) had his TSB applied.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:38 PM
HoustonG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just picked mine up from Sewell Infiniti in Houston (pka North Houston Infiniti) after they did the update. I dealt with a service advisor by the name of Phillip Martinez. Phone number is (281) 569-3159 and email is pmartinez@sewell.com. Hope this helps!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:39 PM
cao_123

I got my update done at Infiniti of Baton Rouge.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:41 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I wonder if dealerships will apply this fix to all their new inventory (G's, FX's, M's) on the lot....
Old 07-04-2009, 12:47 PM
09xs

Originally Posted by Zydan
My dealership says I don't need this fix.., but I still believe I do.
I was hoping to call a dealership that actually knows about this fix to see how they identify the problem
My dealership hadn't heard of the TSB until I took the report to them, so I don't trust in their judgment that my vehicle does not need this fix.
i went to ray catena in nj. also when they plug ur car into the computer they will know if your car needs the update most likely you will.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:31 PM
KLB

Originally Posted by PeterUbers
I called Lisle Infiniti regarding this (made appt for July 13th) and they have not heard of this TSB (this was the service advisor), but he did tell me that he frequently does not know about these TSB's and that the master tech does and is much more knowledgeable regarding this issue.

I think it's pretty silly that if infiniti releases a TSB, there isn't a morning conference or something for all stealership service people to inform 'em of the new innovation.

I'll report back after the 13th and let you all know if Lisle Infiniti applied the TSB -- otherwise I'm going to Fields Infiniti (where brynomon) had his TSB applied.
I'm going to Orland Park Inifiniti Tuesday with mine. We'll see what they have to say.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:15 AM
cflury

Infiniti of Gwinnett in Atlanta, GA.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:08 AM
brynomon

I wonder if dealerships will apply this fix to all their new inventory (G's, FX's, M's) on the lot....
Peter, this may sound crazy but take it into Fields... I know its a drive but...
Old 07-06-2009, 12:43 PM
brynomon

I might contact my sales rep and see what the plan is.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:56 PM
gmahn
Registered Member

Got mine today @ Cerritos Infiniti. G37 sedan 2wd (No "S" or "X"). Really smoothes things out.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:51 AM
G35Rhino

Had mine done at Infiniti of Charlotte on July 3 when I was in for service (glad I checked the forums before I went up there). I told them about the problem, gave them the TSB number and told them if it needed it to please do it. They had done a couple of these already so the service writer filled in the needed description to get it done. Tech said he could not confirm the issue but flashed the TCM and referenced the old and new program numbers for the TCM.

It shifts like butter especially when engine breaking from 4 -> 3 and comes back up from 3 -> 4 a lot smoother and more responsive than before when I hit the gas in this range. I notice it 5 -> 4 and 4 -> 5 as well.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:12 PM
stardust
Premier Member

Originally Posted by brynomon
Peter, this may sound crazy but take it into Fields... I know its a drive but...
Agreed, Fields in Glencoe is a lot better then Lisle
Old 07-07-2009, 02:47 PM
brynomon

Originally Posted by stardust
Agreed, Fields in Glencoe is a lot better then Lisle
Fields has been calling their customers since I had my repair done and they even did it on one of their own loaners. It was funny because as soon as I mentioned it to all of them they began to notice it themselves. I don't think you can go wrong with them right now but my only dislike with the service department is a lack of Saturday hours.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:09 PM
KLB

Orland Park Infiniti updated mine this afternoon. No troubles at all.

If you are closer to the South Side of Chicago go there.

I can feel the difference now too. It definitely stopped the downshift.

Quick Reply: What dealership did you go to for the TSB Transmission fix.