Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 07:13 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by matrix311
It will be a long time before the pro-tuner software comes available. Our AP has been out for my car for just about a year and they still do not have the pro-tuning software released. They are coming out with new and improved OTS maps which is nice, but we still cannot custom tune the car yet. The software will be an additional purchase of around $200.00 plus the cost of tuning at your local tuner shop (varies) and the price of the AP $695.00 so it gets to be costly.

They said our software was supposed to be out around 6-8 weeks after the AP was released for our car, like I said it's been almost a year later and still no signs of when the pro-tuner software will be released. I wouldnt get your hopes up for anything early on your pro-tuner software coming available anytime soon.
this is inaccurate... the new softward is right around the corner for the G37s :
Old 11-28-2008, 01:52 PM
matrix311

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by willizm
Damn, not exactly what I wanted to hear, but it's good to know what cobb is doing with other makes. I can live with map updates though.
Yep it's not what exactly what everyone has been wanting to hear. Cobb makes excellent products but their lead times aren't exactly up to par. They may say they'll be releasing a CBE in Q3 but wont come out till Q1 of the following year. In the land of Cobbleland, they are never on time with their ETA's but hey, it's worth a wait because their extra R&D they put into the product really helps with the final design and rollout, less BUGS or issues and no CEL's generally. So with that said, hopefully within 1 calendar year they'll have the pro-tuning software available for the G37.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:53 PM
matrix311

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
this is inaccurate... the new softward is right around the corner for the G37s :

So you hope! They have told us our software was due out shortly after the AP was released for our cars, it's been almost a full year and nothing yet. The only thing Cobb keeps releasing are new updated maps for our AP, no pro-tuning software yet which we are all eagerly waiting for. Maybe your ECU isn't as complex as ours, thats the only thing I can think of thats delaying the pro-tuning software for us.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:24 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 45 Likes on 6 Posts
The one thing we have on you mazda guys is the gtr. Cobb has put TONS of time and effort into the GTR, and the tuning software is out for it as of last week. According to Cobb, our ROM;s are like 90% indentical, we just have more variations. The gtr has 1 ecu, we have like 10 or more. He said by the end of the year for us g37 guys, he just has to port the GTR info over to all our different ROM's
Old 11-29-2008, 08:16 AM
chamelieon

I just remembered something yesterday.. if anyone remembers the big "Blitz Throttle controller debate" we had going on in that thread... the big discussion was how the ecu only gave us 88% throttle and never gave us the full 100%, but technosquare could easily flip that off and also take away the throttle lag.

well has the Accessport implemented these nice features into any of the maps? and can anyone confirm anything??
Old 11-29-2008, 12:02 PM
matrix311

Originally Posted by chamelieon
I just remembered something yesterday.. if anyone remembers the big "Blitz Throttle controller debate" we had going on in that thread... the big discussion was how the ecu only gave us 88% throttle and never gave us the full 100%, but technosquare could easily flip that off and also take away the throttle lag.

well has the Accessport implemented these nice features into any of the maps? and can anyone confirm anything??

If your not getting a full 100% throttle then yes, they should give you full WOT. Our cars are limited to only 80% max throttle and with the AP they allow us to receive full 100% throttle. So I'm sure Cobb will put that on your maps too.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:50 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
when is stage 2 scheduled to come out?
Old 11-30-2008, 01:55 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

stage 2 is already out bro
Old 11-30-2008, 06:17 AM
skyline370GT

im really new to all this ecu flashing but i was wondering how much hp i could be looking at with just a greddy exhaust thx guys
Old 11-30-2008, 08:48 AM
IvoryG

Anybody using the accessport with a MAC. I tried downloading the program from cobb's site but it won't work for a mac.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:23 AM
peterbanks

Originally Posted by vrquick
Anybody using the accessport with a MAC. I tried downloading the program from cobb's site but it won't work for a mac.
You can get the AP manager for MAC HERE

Old 11-30-2008, 09:27 AM
peterbanks

The PC version runs no problem in XP with VMware Fusion.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:32 AM
willizm

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
stage 2 is already out bro
Maybe he was referring to the 2+ maps that have been mentioned a couple times before. Any word on the 3rd party intakes like JWT and Stillen Gen 3's in regards to the stage 2+ maps?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:54 PM
RedG37SNC

Someone asked this before but I didn't see the answer, what are the ACC/ACSD versions? Trying to figure out which to use.

Also I never took my car in for the ECU reprograming for the TSB concerning 500RPM ramp on stopping, does the stock map address this issue? Figure I really won't need to take it in if that's the case. Just wondering why there is even a stock map?
Old 12-07-2008, 06:47 PM
peterbanks

The new firmware for the AP is up with Data logging. Enjoy.
Release Notes – AccessPORT Firmware Update version 1.3.0.0
New Features:
Add Data Logging Feature

Added Datalogging feature to all models.

For detail please visit http://www.accessecu.com/support/docs/DataLog.html
Main menu re-structure

Revised menu structure for improved usability.

'Live Data', 'Data Log', and 'Fuel Economy' now part of 'Monitor' sub-menu
Reset functionality for 'Fuel Economy' now part of 'Monitor' sub-menu
Shift-light feature configuration now part of 'Monitor' sub-menu
'Live Data'/'Data Log' monitor list configuration is part of 'Monitor' sub-menu

'Change Map', 'Show Current Map', and 'Adjustments' (where applicable) now part of 'Tune' sub-menu

'Uninstall' and 'Settings' now part of 'AccessPORT' sub-menu
Other features:
Auto-reload of Fuel Economy selection on power-up

Upon power-up, AccessPORT will return to 'Fuel Economy' selection if AccessPORT was powered off while viewing 'Fuel Economy'
Auto-reload of Live Data selection on power-up

Upon power-up, AccessPORT will return to 'Live Data' selection if AccessPORT was powered off while viewing 'Live Data'

Quick Reply: Official Cobb AccessPORT question, answer, and help thread