Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Stillen parts can void warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 07:02 PM
alunserjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stillen parts can void warranty?

I asked my dealership about an oil cooler for the G37 and they said Stillen will have something in 09. Exactly when he couldn't say, but guessed mid-year. He then said that if there was any damage to the oil cooler that resulted in engine damage, it would not be covered under warranty. He also said that this is true for all Stillen parts for the Infiniti. If the Stillen parts cause a failure - it is not covered under the Infiniti warranty. Anyone else heard this too? Of course, the salesperson at the time I purchased my car told me the warranty would not be void, so long as the dealership installed the Stillen parts. I thought that was supposed to be the whole idea behind the Infiniti-Stillen relationship.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Lastchance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They will probably only honor the warranty for work they did. But of course once you start modifying your ride, dealerships can start blaming probs on all sorts of other $hi8 besides their $hi*. I don't worry about it at this point, I have never had a problem with Stillen parts.

How does this dude know about an oil cooler coming out from Stillen though? Does Stillen know this?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:42 PM
QuickSilver08

Depends on the dealer. I've run in to all sorts of crazy warranty issues with my dodge (dealers voiding the cruise control warranty cause I had an aftermarket fuel pump). Also have learned that it has a lot to do with your age.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:11 AM
shabbo
Registered Member

My Infiniti dealership provides the Stillen catalog and says that Stillen parts do not void existing warranty...

To me that meant, and I clarified this, that the dealership will warrant that stillen part, the work and that the esisting vehicle warranty will not be voided. This definitly includes Nismo.

However be aware that even the existing vehicle warranty will be voided if the vehicle is abused regardless.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:21 AM
Hawaiian72099

I am sure it won't void the warranty as long as they install it and you are not driving the crap out your G.

Originally Posted by shabbo
My Infiniti dealership provides the Stillen catalog and says that Stillen parts do not void existing warranty...

To me that meant, and I clarified this, that the dealership will warrant that stillen part, the work and that the esisting vehicle warranty will not be voided. This definitly includes Nismo.

However be aware that even the existing vehicle warranty will be voided if the vehicle is abused regardless.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:10 AM
alunserjr

I spoke to Stillen and they indicated their parts won't void the warranty but each dealership is independently owned - so its up to the dealership. Seems to me that something like this should be clearly defined - and we shouldn't be guessing. I'll look into getting a response from Infiniti Corp.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:21 AM
GiGGaplease

they cannot void your warranty if the mod did not caused the mishaps.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:44 PM
KahnQuistador

Originally Posted by alunserjr
I asked my dealership about an oil cooler for the G37 and they said Stillen will have something in 09. Exactly when he couldn't say, but guessed mid-year. He then said that if there was any damage to the oil cooler that resulted in engine damage, it would not be covered under warranty. He also said that this is true for all Stillen parts for the Infiniti. If the Stillen parts cause a failure - it is not covered under the Infiniti warranty. Anyone else heard this too? Of course, the salesperson at the time I purchased my car told me the warranty would not be void, so long as the dealership installed the Stillen parts. I thought that was supposed to be the whole idea behind the Infiniti-Stillen relationship.
I had most of my Stillen parts installed at the Infiniti dealer. They tell me that there are no warranty issues because of their relationship with Stillen.

A bonus is that my dealer will honor the labor estimates from Stillen so I save a few bucks on the installs.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No aftermarket part can void your warranty, unless it can be shown that the part in question caused the damage, then that portion of the warranty will not be covered.

For example, if you install a turbo kit onto your car, and the engine fails, it would be evident that the turbo caused the engine failure, and they would not honor the warranty claim.

However, if you installed a turbo, and a suspension part failed, they would be required to honor the warranty because the two are unrelated.

There is in fact the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act that ensures that dealerships play fairly when it comes to warranties:

http://www.sema.org/Main/SemaOrgHome.aspx?ID=50100

STILLEN has a vast network of dealerships that we maintain. Our products will NOT void the factory warranty, and in fact a lot of cars are upfitted with STILLEN products before being sold.

The oil cooler will not void your warranty, and I'm not aware of any issues we've ever had with oil coolers for ANY vehicle we've made them for.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Oh.. and yes, look for an oil cooler in early 2009..
Old 10-30-2008, 05:47 PM
shabbo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Josh@STILLEN
Oh.. and yes, look for an oil cooler in early 2009..
I hope that the location of the oil cooler opens up the fake air dams on the front of the sports bumper.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Lastchance

Can we make it like Jan 1st 09 for that oil cooler?? I'm just glad its coming out.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:26 PM
bunluvsvw

Originally Posted by Josh@STILLEN
No aftermarket part can void your warranty, unless it can be shown that the part in question caused the damage, then that portion of the warranty will not be covered.

For example, if you install a turbo kit onto your car, and the engine fails, it would be evident that the turbo caused the engine failure, and they would not honor the warranty claim.

However, if you installed a turbo, and a suspension part failed, they would be required to honor the warranty because the two are unrelated.

There is in fact the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act that ensures that dealerships play fairly when it comes to warranties:

http://www.sema.org/Main/SemaOrgHome.aspx?ID=50100

STILLEN has a vast network of dealerships that we maintain. Our products will NOT void the factory warranty, and in fact a lot of cars are upfitted with STILLEN products before being sold.

The oil cooler will not void your warranty, and I'm not aware of any issues we've ever had with oil coolers for ANY vehicle we've made them for.
Is there any dealers near Philly that will support Stillen Products, I got an 08 G37 with 1500 miles on it and theres so much stillen products that I would like to install but hesitating due to the bs dealers tell you once they see aftermarket parts on the car.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bunluvsvw
Is there any dealers near Philly that will support Stillen Products, I got an 08 G37 with 1500 miles on it and theres so much stillen products that I would like to install but hesitating due to the bs dealers tell you once they see aftermarket parts on the car.
I'm sure there has to be, if not, we can set one up. PM me your contact information and I will pass it along to our Dealer rep to get you taken care of.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:34 AM
bunluvsvw

If you can, email me at Madbusy168@yahoo.com, I just got the car 2months ago and I have the stillen frt air damn lip thingy on it, I just ordered the Gen3 intake and swaybars and want to get the HFC and the UR Pulley too but just hate to have to take everything back out if I needed any kind of warranty work. I really dont see how an intake can do harms to an Automatic G37. In my theory, the ecu should protect the engine by monitoring air fuel ratio, etc... but some dealers will tell you that the car is modded and warranty is voided due to mods. etc.... Its not like I have a twin turbo set up yet. lol

Quick Reply: Stillen parts can void warranty?