Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Attn Any G37 owners wanting to twin turbo....

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Audible Mayhem
Performance Factory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 on that question.

we can have it all done in between 2 weeks and a month. that will be plenty of time...

possibly shorter but that would be safe.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt this is going to work... sam i see you viewing please post up

The HR engine in the 350Z and VHR in the G37 are two totaly different animals, this does not mean that you can't turbo charge the G37. But just throwing a turbo on a car does not make it a well designed and effectiant turbo kit. I think the key to turboing these cars is to have full control over the factory ECU with a solid engine mangement like HKS F Con. As long as you don't have full contol over the factoy ECU, it will always be a bumpy road .

R & D is expensive specialy with a complete new platform like the HR,VHR,and the VR38dett. We are approaching the 300 k mark, so far in the HR and VHR R & D cost alone .

Good luck to Performance Factory and who ever goes for this . Keeps us posted.

sam

GT MOTORSPORTS
Old 05-08-2008, 12:42 PM
fireboy

^+1 on that i never said you couldnt but, this car is nothing like any other. you will see once you get into it and unless you have the capabilities of fabricating your own parts or unless you want to do a shoppy job you are going to have a very hard time doing it and doing a good job. but i never said you couldnt just going to take time...for the good of the car please dont rush it. talk to sam clint guys that have done the fabrication and the research... good luck its take s very trusting guy to just give you a 40,000+ car to you to do this on...
Old 05-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Audible Mayhem
Performance Factory

Originally Posted by SAM@GTM
The HR engine in the 350Z and VHR in the G37 are two totaly different animals, this does not mean that you can't turbo charge the G37. But just throwing a turbo on a car does not make it a well designed and effectiant turbo kit. I think the key to turboing these cars is to have full control over the factory ECU with a solid engine mangement like HKS F Con. As long as you don't have full contol over the factoy ECU, it will always be a bumpy road .

R & D is expensive specialy with a complete new platform like the HR,VHR,and the VR38dett. We are approaching the 300 k mark, so far in the HR and VHR R & D cost alone .

Good luck to Performance Factory and who ever goes for this . Keeps us posted.

sam

GT MOTORSPORTS

yes sir, i fully agree. i know that we can make it work though, without a doubt. it might take a little while for some R and D but in the end, it will run and run top notch.

i had to choose the Haltech on the system we did due to the fact that i cant get into the back of the FCon to control the different crank patterns. Many osilloscope datalogs and countless hours on the phone with Hal at Injected and we figured out how to do something that many people arent doing yet.

thanks everyone and maybe i will go buy a G37 to twin turbo
Old 05-08-2008, 12:45 PM
fireboy

he sam i do have a question for you how is your G coming how did the engine hold up after your last run you guys when you hit the high 5 on the dyn? did you tear it down yet?
Old 05-08-2008, 12:51 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem

maybe i will go buy a G37 to twin turbo

Old 05-08-2008, 08:40 PM
aero

Uhhhhh, are you guys seriously bashing performance factory? We're not talking about putting turbos on an E46 M3. I can already tell you guys that you're gonna have almost the exact same issues with your cars (as the G35s). You'll have some equivalent of the 400 whp rule, your engines may take more boost, but I guarantee your transmissions probably won't. So it's really not that complex, you make a couple metal tubes that allow current turbos to bolt on, and you run boost that you know a G35 could take with a stock block. The hard part is the electronics, which, as with all other cars, will become easier and easier as time goes on, vendors get more familiar with what's available, and new products come out.

[Before I get flamed for being a "newbie", I own an supercharged G35 making 403 whp, I've been a member of driver for a while now].

P.S. good luck (seriously) with FI, there are gonna be a lot of hurdles you never see coming.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:20 AM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its just a matter of time before the ECU and tuning are figured out...Performance Factory would be on the top of my short list if anyone were to TT my car. I've read nothing but satisfied customer reviews. Can't wait to see what numbers they're gonna be able to produce on our engines once things get ironed out.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:58 AM
Audible Mayhem
Performance Factory

ok, that settles it. First one to bring me their G37, I will give dead cost on parts and 50% off labor. I'll show you guys what's up. Nothing but top notch quality parts and will fully tuned in no time....
Old 05-09-2008, 02:32 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ok, that settles it. First one to bring me their G37, I will give dead cost on parts and 50% off labor. I'll show you guys what's up. Nothing but top notch quality parts and will fully tuned in no time....

wish there was a shop here in TX that would offer this
Old 05-09-2008, 03:01 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why can't your shop be in Colorado?
Old 05-09-2008, 03:22 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
will our car leave running for more than a week...? lol
Old 05-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Audible Mayhem
Performance Factory

Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
will our car leave running for more than a week...? lol

im sorry my friend, do some research before you insult us...
Old 05-13-2008, 07:39 PM
CrazyRuskie
Crazy Russian Super Mod

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jeremy has a great reputation guys. I'd jump on that offer if I were interested in a TT kit at this point, but alas, I'm not ATM. Someone get on it! The more shops that offer TT kits, the more competitive pricing will get. Do it!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:44 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I did not mean to insult you at all... my apologies bro.. maybe il give you a call and we can try to work something out...

Quick Reply: Attn Any G37 owners wanting to twin turbo....